• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I have pokemon x, and am about to purchase y from the eshop. But before I do, I want to make sure I can use pokebank to transfer pokemon from cartridges to eshop purchased games. This is possible, correct?

Thanks,
PokéMew151

Yes, you can use Pokebank with any copies of XYORAS, there's also no limit on how many.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Yes, you can use Pokebank with any copies of XYORAS, there's also no limit on how many.

that's not what they were asking, they were asking if they have both physical copies of one game and digital copies of other games, can they transfer between physical AND digital copies of the game or JUST physical copies of the game using poke bank . Anyway, to answer, yes because when you open up poke bank, there is an option to switch side to side between numerous games and it then asks you if you want to use the game you selected. Physical games can only be in 1 at a time, so in order to be able to switch between multiple games, it would have to also be able to read digital games too, so yes, if it gives you the option to switch between games, it is capable of reading digital games.

Years
Does anyone have an extra gamestop NA Diancie code? The place I currently live does not have any Pokemon distribution. Help me anyone?

Years
^ Ouch. I thought that the codes were only being given out those three weeks but they could be used whenever. Guess not, but at least I have one Diancie that I can hold onto.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Am I the only one disappointed in the Eeveelutions? a lot of them had terrible move sets in gen 6 to begin with but I always hoped the move tutors in ORAS would fix that but even then some of them still suck, the two biggest ones being Jolteon and flareon. I am in the process of breeding a Brave Flareon (it's base speed is only 65 so it's not really worth increasing, but it's Sp Att is 95 so I definitely want to make use of that) and as such, the Speed stat is going to be the leftover after I get my 5IV which will give it an Ice Type Hidden Power so does anyone have any suggestion on what hold item I should give it? and having said that, if not Hidden Power, what other special move should I give it instead? Just for reference, the other moves I have on it are Wish, Flare Blitz, Iron Tail or Facade (not sure which) Thanks for suggestions on a special move.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Am I the only one disappointed in the Eeveelutions? a lot of them had terrible move sets in gen 6 to begin with but I always hoped the move tutors in ORAS would fix that but even then some of them still suck, the two biggest ones being Jolteon and flareon. I am in the process of breeding a Brave Flareon (it's base speed is only 65 so it's not really worth increasing, but it's Sp Att is 95 so I definitely want to make use of that) and as such, the Speed stat is going to be the leftover after I get my 5IV which will give it an Ice Type Hidden Power so does anyone have any suggestion on what hold item I should give it? and having said that, if not Hidden Power, what other special move should I give it instead? Just for reference, the other moves I have on it are Wish, Flare Blitz, Iron Tail or Facade (not sure which) Thanks for suggestions on a special move.

There's no reason for Flareon to go mixed, really, because of how hard 130 Attack hits. But if you're that desperate, Overheat can be used to smack special walls, or Lava Plume to spread burns.

Also, the ideal Flareon set should be:
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower (still hits Rock Pokemon; you already cover Ice and Fairy Pokemon with Flare Blitz)
-Quick Attack
-Baton Pass/Double-Edge
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I know that you can get the other forms from trading with other people, but between X, Y, Or and As, is the ONLY form you can get in game for Deerling/Sawsbuck the Spring form? You'd think the obvious solution to this (since there's no seasons) is to have one of each of the season forms in each of the games, but instead ALL the forms in ALL the games seem to be spring, so is the only form of Deerling/Sawsbuck in gen 6 Spring form, or have they released a way to get the other forms in game?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I know that you can get the other forms from trading with other people, but between X, Y, Or and As, is the ONLY form you can get in game for Deerling/Sawsbuck the Spring form? You'd think the obvious solution to this (since there's no seasons) is to have one of each of the season forms in each of the games, but instead ALL the forms in ALL the games seem to be spring, so is the only form of Deerling/Sawsbuck in gen 6 Spring form, or have they released a way to get the other forms in game?

All Deerling in OR/AS and all Sawsbuck in X/Y are encountered in spring form.

The only way to have their summer, fall and winter forms is in Gen VI is to transfer them from a Gen V game; remember that sending a Deerling/Sawsbuck to the PC in those games will lock them into their corresponding form until they're withdrawn and you leave the building (when the season changes).

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Is Dry Skin a worthwhile ability for PArasect? Every move set I see says to put it on, but doesn't that give it a 7.5x weakness to fire type moves? That seems a tad ridiculous to take a chance on considering how many non fire types can learn fire type moves.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Is Dry Skin a worthwhile ability for PArasect? Every move set I see says to put it on, but doesn't that give it a 7.5x weakness to fire type moves? That seems a tad ridiculous to take a chance on considering how many non fire types can learn fire type moves.
It's other 2 abilities aren't all that great, and the water immunity/getting healed by water is really nice. It'd die to fire attacks even without Dry Skin, and you wouldn't wanna keep it in on fire stuff anyway.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2015
Just returning

I finally got a new 3ds and x version just about to start playing any help would be amazing just no spoilers please if this is the wrong place for this please move it thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 29, 2015
Which is better?

I just got Darkrai from Wonder Trade haha, but anyways. I am wondering out of Darkrai and Zekrom who is better?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I finally got a new 3ds and x version just about to start playing any help would be amazing just no spoilers please if this is the wrong place for this please move it thanks in advance
What kind of help exactly?

I just got Darkrai from Wonder Trade haha, but anyways. I am wondering out of Darkrai and Zekrom who is better?
They're both good Pokemon, just different. Darkrai is fast, Dark STAB is really good this generation, and it gets Dark Void, which is a really useful move. Zekrom is slower, but a bit bulkier and hits really hard. It's also the best physical Electric attacker in the game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 29, 2015
What kind of help exactly?

They're both good Pokemon, just different. Darkrai is fast, Dark STAB is really good this generation, and it gets Dark Void, which is a really useful move. Zekrom is slower, but a bit bulkier and hits really hard. It's also the best physical Electric attacker in the game.

Well the Darkrai appears to be Shiny, now I don't know if I should trade him considering how OP this Darkrai is haha D:. Hard decisions haha.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
What generation did shiny Dittos stop transforming into shiny versions of their target? I know for a fact gen 3 shiny dittos transformed into shiny versions, but when did they discontinue that?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back