• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Falling asleep to music.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If I'm not tired at all, then music only serves to reinforce my ability to stay awake when I'm trying to get to sleep. If, on the other hand, I am kinda sleepy, then the right kind of music (gentle, ambient, slow-ish) can just send me straight to sleep. So it's really a Russian roulette as to whether music can help me fall asleep or not.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I can't do it, Music only makes me feel more awake.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Not one bit does it work at all. Most of my music is pop music which I listen to help me boost my mood confidence before I go out somewhere. All it would do would keep me up and awake and annoyed. However, I do find having the TV on while I sleep kind of soothing. I lower the volume and let it run, the TV turns off by itself (you can set a timer.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I don't even have to try~ I can clearly remember me falling asleep the other day while listening to my MP3, lol~ So yeah, it works for me~

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I need silence - or as close to it as possible - in order to sleep, so I've never been able to fall asleep to music. Not that I haven't tried in the past when I've been ill with cold and haven't been able to sleep in the first place.

I've gone back to sleep thanks to music, though. Sometimes if I wake up early and don't feel like going back to sleep I'll put my iPod on, and as I listen to quiet things that early in the morning - I'm a very light sleeper; my senses are particularly acute, and loud music would probably give me a headache at that time of day - it can lull me back to sleep, although I seem to wake up when it stops playing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
Every night I listening music after I go to bed. Generally I listening romantic song. I like it very much.

Back