• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Edited.

Is anyone else interested in this kind of challenge?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I wouldn't go as far as making this an entirely different challenge, but maybe a dream theme, since that's what these sorts of challenges go into. :) I would make it harder though, since it does seem a little easy for some people. The Mage would be a little difficult to pull off, since post-third generation had the physical-special split, so I would change that around. I would change the rogue to any Pokemon which can learn a status move via level up, and has a high base speed, and be able to learn Thief. The priest sounds a little difficult as well, as there are limited Pokemon for that, which means you would have to use Miltank for anything before 5th generation. I'd change that to any Pokemon which can learn Recover, Softboiled, Roost etc via level up. Tank should be a Pokemon whose both defenses are higher than both it's attacks.

As for my idea, I wouldn't mind a challenge which would eliminate most Pokemon for use. My challenge would be a challenge where you can only train Pokemon based on gender differences. So the idea would be that you have to train Pokemon which have a higer chance of being either Male, or female. You don't have to use that specific gender, but just Pokemon with the higher chance of being that gender. For instance, if you were using a female class, you would have to use Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Vulpix, whereas if you were using Pokemon which were primarily male, you could use Pokemon like any starter, or a Combee.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I wouldn't go as far as making this an entirely different challenge, but maybe a dream theme, since that's what these sorts of challenges go into. :) I would make it harder though, since it does seem a little easy for some people. The Mage would be a little difficult to pull off, since post-third generation had the physical-special split, so I would change that around. I would change the rogue to any Pokemon which can learn a status move via level up, and has a high base speed, and be able to learn Thief. The priest sounds a little difficult as well, as there are limited Pokemon for that, which means you would have to use Miltank for anything before 5th generation. I'd change that to any Pokemon which can learn Recover, Softboiled, Roost etc via level up. Tank should be a Pokemon whose both defenses are higher than both it's attacks.

As for my idea, I wouldn't mind a challenge which would eliminate most Pokemon for use. My challenge would be a challenge where you can only train Pokemon based on gender differences. So the idea would be that you have to train Pokemon which have a higer chance of being either Male, or female. You don't have to use that specific gender, but just Pokemon with the higher chance of being that gender. For instance, if you were using a female class, you would have to use Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Vulpix, whereas if you were using Pokemon which were primarily male, you could use Pokemon like any starter, or a Combee.
Would you be able to cross? Like could you have a Jigglypuff and Charmander on the same team? Or is it either "mainly female" or "mainly male"?

Years
D: I was thinking of doing one of those rpg themes as well cept mine was going to be based on the original options for Final Fantasy I (:< I kinda wanna make something for X but I'm the only one who likes that game) So I guess it would have been warrior, dark mage, white mage, and monk. I like how you classify it though, but like alternative said for the priest it needs changed up a little. I wouldn't make it any roost or recover pokemon cause that is a lot, but maybe anything with a healing attack that effects other party members, white mages also are screeners a lot of times in games like Final Fantasy X.

I still need ideas for my Super Smash Bros theme.

Also thinking of just throwing the seasons in with the dream themes

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I have a challenge that really would be different :)

The Attack,Defence and Avoider challenge:

The defender will have to have moves such as tail whip,growl or any status move

They can't not do damage to the pokemon apart from poison or burnt

The attacker must be pokemon that knows 4 good moves to knock any type of pokemon out

The Avoider must be a bird pokemon that has the Fly HM and Double Team

One notice is that the defender has to battle all of the time, If it faints you must knock all your other pokemon out

Optional for harder challenge:

You have to use one type
Only allowed to use 3 poke balls in the game
No boxed pokemon
You cannot spend any money what-so-ever
You have to sell all your items you pick up throughout the game apart from Key Items and Berries, The only balls you can use are the ones at the start
You must only use each pokemon center when you first get to the town and after the gym
If choosing to spend money here are some ways to limited what you buy:
No status items must be bought
Only allowed to buy stuff from vending machines <apart from black and white as it become easier in those games to have access to a machine>
Only able to buy Ultra Balls
Only able to buy one of the custom balls
Only able to buy Full Restores and revives

Notice: The defender has to battle before the attacker an avoider and you can't switch until you use a move such a tail whip or move that status pokemon

Last edited:

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
I like how you classify it though, but like alternative said for the priest it needs changed up a little.

Youre right, how about if I change it to any pokemon that learns one of the following moves by level-up: Heal pulse, Heal Bell, Reflect, Light Screen, or Aromatherapy. That broadens the amount of pokemon available.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
OH DERK YOU CRAZY CUCUMBER YOU! I think I'll go make little Syds with Larry. LITTLE LARRYS.

Also, I hope that me getting a possible 12 hour work day 6-7 days a week job doesn't screw me up in my own event. :| It sure would suck to make an emblem for it and to have put all the effort into making that challenge and not even get to complete it for the emblem. lmao

Years
;-; I need adopted and a mentor. Those forums outside the challenge area can be scary :0

;-; I need adopted and a mentor. Those forums outside the challenge area can be scary :0

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I don't need a mentor, i started exploring just a few days before that mentor thing was brought up Ø_Ø (Yea, I'm a Dane, so i can make Ø's(If you guys even can see them -_-))

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've gotta start my Save the Pokemon Challenge this weekend. I was wondering if the emblem had a Vaporeon on it...

It's a surprise what it'll look like, but I can verify that Vaporeon is not in it. :[

Challenge Idea: Eevee Challenge.

all you can use is eevee and it's evos, I'm doing this on platinum, still training for first badge, although an exception may be made for a flyer even if just for getting around

That exists though, lmao.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm gonna guess it has an Umbreon on it or something... :P
I'm actually thinking of doing the Save the Pokemon challenge, but I don't know if I want to do it on Sapphire or something. I would make more restrictions for myself though, like having more shadow moves for my Pokemon. So every Pokemon would start off with three shadow moves. Every Pokemon caught at level 20 or under would have to grow 10 levels to purify one of it's moves, every Pokemon between 20-40 would be five levels, and 40+ would be two, then go for full happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back