• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hall of Fame Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Is there a limit to the amount of Hall of Fame data that can be saved? For example, does it stop recording the Hall of Fame at 99 entries or so? If not, could too much Hall of Fame data harm my Heartgold/Soulsilver game?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Bulbapedia said:
All Generation IV games store the player's 30 most previous feats in a descending order. Any further feats would delete records in a First In, First Out method. For example, if a player were to defeat the Elite Four 31 times, feats 31 through 2 would be displayed in that order, with 1 having been overwritten. This storage allows for a maximum of 30 team records (with a maximum of 180 Pokémon total) to be displayed in the Hall of Fame at any given time.

And as far as I know, there should be no reason for your game to be harmed if you reach the Hall of Fame limit. (Since, they have a mechanism of recording further achievements after the limit has been reached.)

With that answered, I'll quickly close this up. If you have any more questions regarding HGSS/DPPt, here is the perfect place to ask them!

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back