• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Just how fast do you plan on playing?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Being a new generation, there are bound to be many new experiences we uncover while playing Black and White. Now, how fast we come across these new experiences may vary from player to player. So my question is, just how fast do you plan to play through the games? Are you going to zoom through it, take your take and enjoy the game or play through it slowly?

As for myself, taking my time is the route I'm heading towards. I plan on enjoying the game for the first time, especially since I took so much effort to avoid as much game spoilers as possible. I don't want to go too slow where it's going to take months to complete the game, but maybe defeating the Elite for the first time by the end of the first month might be decent enough.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
I'm going to take more time this time, now that I know where secret areas and such are. I kinda ran through White, mainly cause I couldn't read it. But for Black, I plan on exploring a lot more!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Pokemon Diamond I sort of rushed it a bit....but Soul Silver and Platinum I took it easy.

I'll try to go at a natural pace in Pokemon White, try to find each areas secrets but at the same time not spend too long in each area.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I plan on taking my time. I slightly rushed while playing Black before, and so probably missed a few things. Since I have a better idea of what's going to be happening in the games, I'll take my time playing through Black when I get it, and then slightly rushing through White.

Panoz

Trainer
Years
i also tried to avoid any possible spoilers,and i think i will just take it as slow as possible.It has been a long time since i last took a pokemon game slowly too.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I am going for a bit of both. I don't want to spend months completing the game due to trying to catch everything and do everything, but I'm not going to rush it. :)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I plan on not rushing it the first time through and taking in everything it has to offer. I never rush games the first time I play, as I talk to every person ^.^

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I will just slowly read the text seeing as there will not be a lot of endgame information for a month. So I'm aiming for me to take a month to finish the main game, but I bet I'll do it in 2 days in reality lololol.

Years
I've had the game for months and only last week beat the champion.

If I end up getting the other version or restarting I think I'll go through it much quicker since I usually don't and it would be fun to breeze through it now that I've done the slow-and-steady course.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'll be taking it slow. It's always nice to explore a new region and take the time to look at everything and find all the hidden stuff.

blue

gucci
Years
I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to take it really slow and explore every area of each Town/City ect. and analyse things so pretty slow so I can catch it all :)

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
This is one of those games where I have to sit there and talk to every. single. person. I want to know all the facts, catch all the Pokemon, and see absolutely everything there is to see. So I'm going to take as long as I need. Not like HGSS where I rushed through it to beat my boyfriend.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
I usually set a pace based off of how far I get on my first day of playing. Since I can get to the end of any pokemon game my first time around in about a week. I'd say probably a badge or two a day until I get to the end.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
I had black in japanese and was having to follow a walk through, so i was only doing the important things, this time around i'm gonna talk to people and explore more definately with white =]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I intend to play through slowly. In a way, I kind of want to explore everything, as well as savour the experience, so I'm not really sure how I can do that. So I'll go um, semi-fast, but just slow enough to enjoy the games? XD;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Since this is a new generation and I have yet to know most of it, I plan to take it as slow as possible, even though I am a fast learner in things. I'll probably finish the game in 2 months or so, depending on other important things.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am going to take my time. I will enjoy it more that way.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 12, 2013
As this will be my first time playing it, I'll be taking my time with the game and exploring everything I'll try not to be too silly and get caught up in the game and rush through it, it's never as fun that way. Perhaps on one of my replays I'll attempt to go a bit faster.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I ran through Diamond waaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast. I'll be taking my time this time around. ;)

Back