• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Auto-lock old threads?

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
Is there any way to have certain boards set up so non-sticky threads are automatically locked a set number of days after the most recent post? If that's possible, it would help keep users from unintentionally breaking the rule about reviving old threads.

Since your not supposed to post in them after around a month, there really is no reason to keep them unlocked until someone who doesn't notice the date posts there.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I'd just like to point out that in the ROM hacking forums, specifically Documents & Tutorials and Tools, auto-locking threads would prevent users who have a legitimate question from bumping a month-old thread. (I'd be in favor of getting rid of the bumping rule altogether, actually, but that sort of thing's best left up to staff discretion.)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
I'd just like to point out that in the ROM hacking forums, specifically Documents & Tutorials and Tools, auto-locking threads would prevent users who have a legitimate question from bumping a month-old thread. (I'd be in favor of getting rid of the bumping rule altogether, actually, but that sort of thing's best left up to staff discretion.)

However, bumping of any thread over a month old is against the rules. Regardless of what section it's in.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
However, bumping of any thread over a month old is against the rules. Regardless of what section it's in.
Which brings up the question of why it's a rule in the first place -- if a specific section of the boards would benefit from the rule being repealed, then why not repeal it just for that section?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Actually there are sections on PC where the bumping rule is different (like you can bump your own threads in certain creative-based forums), you just need to check the sticky threads in the sections to be sure of it.

Yeah, I know the thread creator can bump them. I was referring to a random poster, I should of worded it differently.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Yes, but that doesn't change anything. Fact of the matter is, in sections like that, an auto-locking function would totally mess things up there for the LEGITIMATE bumps. o_O;

I......know. That's what I was trying to say in my last post. I guess I'm just not speaking clearly tonight. Sorry, I'll stop.

Back