• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
1. if i were to add rock climb to a ruby rom do i only need the script? or do i need to do like hex editing?
2.where can i find 4th and 5th generation cries in .wav format?
3. How do i make a person give you the national dex?

1. You need only a script (link here)
2. http://pokerealm.com/downloads/cries.zip
3. FireRed - special 0x16F
Emerald - special 0x1F3
Ruby - ?

Years
I'm trying to import a new tileset to emerald. It works fine but the given palettes don't have fitting colors. I can not overwrite existing palettes because I wanted to extend emerald with kanto/jotho maps and want to preserver the original emerald.
I saw that palette 7, 11 and 12 are all but black. Is it save to overwrite those with my own palettes or are they used for something else like 13-15 for textboxes and such?

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
I've been trying to find a program, (or method) that edits the Pokemon's Ability, (like what each one does).

Have any lying around here? XD

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Hey,
I have a R4i3DS but I can't get the 3DS roms to work, I have searched for a solution for hours and I haven't found anything

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
which program is the best to import cries? im using a-cry but it just has a lot of problems :/

You can use PokecryGUI look up on old tut's on the Tutorial Forums, and maybe just do it manually cause, A-cry doesn't work that great to me... :)

I've been trying to find a program, (or method) that edits the Pokemon's Ability, (like what each one does).

Have any lying around here? XD

If you're talking about changing a Pokemon's ability use YAPE, but, if you're talking about editing one's effects then there's no such tool yet... :/

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Hey,
I have a R4i3DS but I can't get the 3DS roms to work, I have searched for a solution for hours and I haven't found anything
For now there is NO flashcard or emulator that supports 3DS games. Crown3DS is trying to make the first one but they haven't succeeded yet.

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Is it possible to make a map in the Sevii Islands appear in Kanto?

I've moved (and renamed, remapped etc.) One Island to Kanto and it appears on the world map, but opening the town map there gives me one of the sevii island maps.

In addition to this, entering some of the buildings in town causes the screen to black (some of the house interiors are located on different maps if that means anything).

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Is it possible to make a map in the Sevii Islands appear in Kanto?

I've moved (and renamed, remapped etc.) One Island to Kanto and it appears on the world map, but opening the town map there gives me one of the sevii island maps.

In addition to this, entering some of the buildings in town causes the screen to black (some of the house interiors are located on different maps if that means anything).

Here's what you want:
http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=19

~Sonic1

Years
This is something I've wondered about for quite a while, and through searching I couldn't find much on it.

My question is- what exactly determines the size of Pokemon like Heracross, Magikarp, Barboach and Shroomish when their size gets measured by certain NPCs (ex.: Heracross on Six Island, Shroomish in Sootopolis)? Without knowing a lot about hacking, as far as I can tell it doesn't seem like a Pokemon's IVs have much to do with it, unless I didn't look at them hard enough. I would think that it would either be randomized or some hidden value on the individual Pokemon, but again, I really only know the basics of hacking, and was just curious if anyone knew.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2023
I want to disable/remove/delete a text screen.

When I load my Emerald ROM (spanish edition) the same message always appears: Battery dry, you can save but no temporal event will happen, or something like that.

Now, I know that is because of RTC, the thing is, I can't fix the RTC thing, and the message is soo annoying.

So I don't care if the time is always the same, I don't want to se the warning eeevery time.

I managed to remove all the text with a text editor but the warning screen stills there (with no text but still...).

Can some help me?

Thanks.

Years
When starting up Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, you may receive a message indicating that the battery has run dry. The message appears like this:

The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur.

Clock-based events may or may not be important to you. Should you wish to fix this, it can simply be fixed by navigating through the menu bar, selecting Options, opening the Emulator submenu and selecting "Real Time Clock".

From: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Here's what you want:
url

~Sonic1
I hate to be annoying, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do...

I' guessing I have to change the worldmapvalue of each map I want to use to be less than 8E? But I've no idea where the worldmapvalue for each map in the hex editor...

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2023
When starting up Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, you may receive a message indicating that the battery has run dry. The message appears like this:

The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur.

Clock-based events may or may not be important to you. Should you wish to fix this, it can simply be fixed by navigating through the menu bar, selecting Options, opening the Emulator submenu and selecting "Real Time Clock".

I can't do that because I'm going to play the rom on a flashcart that does not have rtc or an option like that. That's why I want to remove that screen in particular. Is it hard?

BOH

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
Hi,

i've just downloaded A-MAP 1.95, but when i load a FR rom, the world map editor button remain disabled. Why? Where can i do for edit FR world map?

Thanks a lot

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Hi,

i've just downloaded A-MAP 1.95, but when i load a FR rom, the world map editor button remain disabled. Why? Where can i do for edit FR world map?

Thanks a lot

Darth just released a new tool for that, and it's freaking amazing so I would highly suggest using that.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286798

Since A-MAP 1.95 is just a beta at the moment, the world map editing feature has yet to be made/released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back