• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I believe XSE comes with items.rbh file which can be opened with XSE and you will see hex numbers of items there.
After I post my comment i saw the Hex number and I did some edit but I can't seem to remember how to add my edit script to Pewter City Mart and others i may do

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
If someone could help me out here, it would really be appreciated.
Does anyone happen to have/know where I can get a list of all of the intro music for the trainers on A-trainer for FR? I want my trainers to have the right music, but there are WAY too many for me to test each one...

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and to rom-hacking in general, trying to follow XSE's native tutorial to progress a bit... ^^'

Anyway, messing with tools. I want to add Axew and Deino to the game, to make a Dratini (Dragonpsychic), Axew (Dragonfighting) and Deino (Dragondark) Trio in the game. However I'm having some problems... First, Wichu's sprite editor is not working for me:
youtube.com/watch?v=oqAPa7dxRZk (not allowed to put links)

This said... I use Unlz to insert my sprites, and it works! (for the front sprites anyway). But this is ONLY when I change the original sprite with a sprite who's smaller! If the sprite is bigger and I need to repoint it, it ONLY changes the palette D:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyZiJ576MXY

I tried a lot of things, like not checking the "change palette" thing, but if I do this the sprite remain unchanged. The problem is that, it is correctly repointed! The sprite is at my new offset. D:

Anybody can help me on this?

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and to rom-hacking in general, trying to follow XSE's native tutorial to progress a bit... ^^'

Anyway, messing with tools. I want to add Axew and Deino to the game, to make a Dratini (Dragonpsychic), Axew (Dragonfighting) and Deino (Dragondark) Trio in the game. However I'm having some problems... First, Wichu's sprite editor is not working for me:
youtube.com/watch?v=oqAPa7dxRZk (not allowed to put links)

This said... I use Unlz to insert my sprites, and it works! (for the front sprites anyway). But this is ONLY when I change the original sprite with a sprite who's smaller! If the sprite is bigger and I need to repoint it, it ONLY changes the palette D:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyZiJ576MXY

I tried a lot of things, like not checking the "change palette" thing, but if I do this the sprite remain unchanged. The problem is that, it is correctly repointed! The sprite is at my new offset. D:

Anybody can help me on this?

If you've repointed it, unlz doesn't automatically change the sprite as the old one still exists in game at the offset it was at. Don't worry, however, as your Pokemon will still be inserted and will appear correctly in game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
Pokemon BW Evolution Editor

I've looked around, and haven't found this question so I will ask it. What program can I use to edit evolutions in Black+White? I can't find one anywhere, so if someone could tell me where to find one, that would be great.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
is it possible to make a bank like feature in ruby where you can deposit money and withdraw money? does that require asm or something?

No, it's fairly easy. Store the money in a variable, so use addvar and subvar to add and subtract from it. Use buffernumber to show how much money there is, and then you just need to make it realistic like make multichoice boxes and stuff. Use the script help thread for more help cause this isnt the place, but don't request one :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Hi! I resolved the sprite inserting problem, but another popped out D:

So, I recolored Zangoose to make it looks like Linoone's evolution.

bC5N5.png

The front is perfectly fine in-game.

Eq6mE.png

But the back becomes crappy : Even in-game.

tRQxu.png

Importing my sprite

EET5I.png

Writing to rom, size error. Finding the size in Free Space Finder...

Geqnd.png

Here's the offset. Normally, everything's fine. I saved. Let's open unlz again to see if it correctly worked.

O9zd5.png

Nope, still screwed sprite. D:

It is also screwed in game, so...

Help? D:

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

i.imgur.com/bC5N5.png

i.imgur.com/Eq6mE.png
But the back becomes crappy D: Even in-game

i.imgur.com/tRQxu.png
Importing my sprite

i.imgur.com/EET5I.png

i.imgur.com/Geqnd.png
Here's the offset. Normally, everything's fine. I saved. Let's open unlz again to see if it correctly worked.

i.imgur.com/O9zd5.png

Help? D:

So when you insert a new sprite, the back sprite you insert into unlz (assuming you're hacking gen III) should be the shiny pallette. That's a probable cause, however more than likely it's something else. Could you fix your links maybe?

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
No, that's not the problem. ^^'

In fact, I don't want to fix every colour in the shiny palette sprite to have the normal palette not screwed: the back and the front have the same palettes so the shiny and normal sprites are the same. Oh, and I'll fix the screenshots ^^'

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

bC5N5.png

Eq6mE.png

But the back becomes crappy : Even in-game.

tRQxu.png

Importing my sprite

EET5I.png

Geqnd.png

O9zd5.png

Help? D:

I don't know if it's just me but the before and after look exactly the same. What exactly is wrong? maybe an in game screenshot?

anybody know a tutorial link to door manager?

I believe ZodiacTheGreat, the creator had a readme file of a tutorial of how to use door manager in the original download link. Try to find his thread and download it there, or maybe his website (I think he has one, pretty sure, Just google it.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
I only have one question - is there a way I could hack a rom to simply increase odds of finding a shiny? I'd love to play the games naturally, just with chances increased to something such as 1/100, but I don't know if that's a value possible to edit, or how I would go about it.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I only have one question - is there a way I could hack a rom to simply increase odds of finding a shiny? I'd love to play the games naturally, just with chances increased to something such as 1/100, but I don't know if that's a value possible to edit, or how I would go about it.

This requires something called ASM. There are however tools that make your next encouter shiny. That being said there isn't anything you could do to increase the amount of shinies you encounter (in terms of existing tools/research done).

It's sorta complicated and I wouldn't even bother unless you're an experienced/knowledgeable hacker.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Guys, I've been researching here on the forums and googling around, yet I couldn't find info on this.

Is there a tool that allows me to change a pok?mon's location?

As in: A pok?mon that used to caught in route 21 to now appear at route 2 (example)

Thanks in advance :D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Guys, I've been researching here on the forums and googling around, yet I couldn't find info on this.

Is there a tool that allows me to change a pok?mon's location?

As in: A pok?mon that used to caught in route 21 to now appear at route 2 (example)

Thanks in advance :D

Um...
Advance Map can do that... :\

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
rwRNC.png

What the sprite normally looks like.

MidSr.png

What the front looks like.

EtMx0.png

What the back looks like in game.

4sQl2.png

The two sprites compared.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Blah blah, images.

Oh I see, the darker brown is being replaced by a light brown. That's the first time I've actually seen the problem before. Theoretically it should've stayed darkbrown unless you didn't index properly(which I think you did). I don't suppose you know how to hex edit palettes do you? If you don't there's a good tutorial by Blitz.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200670

There are some risks involved though :)

JerichoMadness

He's back. And he's mad! O...o
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
G'Day people, n00b here.

I'm getting pretty annoyed.
Started XSE tutorials yesterday, all I want to do is insert a few things in a FR Rom in my own room at the start who talk to me. So far, so good.
If I'm unlucky and insert a new script in Advance Map, the whole room is sometimes "broken". It happens from time to time, scripts are correct.
=> My new script can't be seen, all other warps/scripts that were there before don't work anymore (e.g. the PC/TV, stair warp). Even if I delete the new event that make all that happen.

That again means I can rewrite the rom over again.

What the hell am I doing wrong? o...o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back