• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
Atlus Midgard

Atlus put the map back in the bag, finally deciding where he would go. Flan and Snort yawned as they woke up, Munch staying awake on his shoulder. "Well, with nothing else to do, lets stop at the beach and watch the sun set." His pokemon perked up, and followed him out the door. Mine as well just relax the first day, and maybe battle a trainer tomarrow, Atlus thought. Unless of course, a trainer challenges him. Maybe he would find a pokemon on the beach. He was in need for a water type, with two of his pokemon direly weak to fire.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

Sprinkles had had enough. Je didn't have nearly the self control Quillie did, and he was growling angrily as he strode purposefully toward Rama.

"Oh yeah!? Take this!" he said, forming a ring of purple orbs around his bosdy, which fired at Rama. Hidden Power was one of his strongest moves. He glared angrily at Rama, not even noticing that Bouncy had returned.

"No! Don't play with Rama, play with me!" she said, landing nex him him and looking at him expectantly, and was totally ignored. Brian was not even aware of this little fight, as he was walking ahead wth Sapphire.

"Um... I-it's nothing." he said slowly, "Just Bea said something and... Um... Don't worry about it." He continued to walk along, not aware of Sprinkles fighting Rama, or the fact that two of his friends seemed to have dropped back.

Duster

Duster giggled as Bea suggested they just try and keep their trainers together.

"Hehehe! You're pretty good at this and..." she said, then paused, frowning when she heard Sprinklesgrowling. She shook her head.

"Can we hold on? I have to go keep Rama from murdering Sprinkles." the minccino said before running off. A match makers work was never done it seemed. she arrived in time to see Bouncy trying to get Sprinkles's attention, and failing.

Thyme

"Of course I'm bored! When was the last time you saw me do anything other than stand around? Sheesh, I want to do something, maybe go into a contest, or god forbid even battle." the snivy said tartly. She shook her head.

"I can't believe I just said that. Me of all people asking for a battle. Can you believe that? And Brian isn't even around to command me. Hm..." she said. Maybe that was the problem. They had seemed to be growing more distant with each other over the past few days. Brian was changing, and growing up, so it was only natural that he would want to be with his friends more than her, but she was responsible for that too, seeing as how she went off with Snype every chance she got. Maybe when she returned to her trainer she could try and fix things, as she didn't want to lose her best friend and partner. She shook her head and sighed, trying to get these thoughts out of her mind.

Quin

Quin seemed to ignore the girl as he went about checking the poochyena. A few slivers here and there, but nothing serious. He didn't even notice Zara's silence for several moments, and the hair on the back of his neck stood on end.

"Alright ghost. Who are you?" the murderous aspect of Quincy said boredly after several minutes, ignoring her question.

"Huh Zara? What was that?" Quin asked as he put the dog on the ground. The poochyena growled fearfully and backed away as Quin shifted his hands and grabbed a pokeball.

"Pooch!" the mut barked.

"Mai, use Spark!" Quin said calmly. Mai rocketed off of his shoulder and collided with thew dog, and Quin hurled the pokeball when the Poochyena got up, sending him inside of it. The ball fell to the floor and began to shake.

Drake

Drake smirked. This was too funny. She honestly thought she could win? Well, she probably could, as both Rena and Zeal were at the pokemon center, and he hadn't battled in years. So, he knew he'd be a little rusty.

"That's more like it. I accept. Shall we have a three on three?" the dragon master said boredly.

"And we will need to move, unless you want Killita to blow the roof off in her attempt to get into the air." he added, speaking slowly so she could understand him, a smug and superior grin on his face. But, hidden within that arrogan ce was very real excitement. He wanted to battle, and e was making it pretty clear that his previous actions had been to try and goad her, and he didn't much care if she realized it or not.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype snickers when Thyme mentioned a battle. It really had been awhile... "Hehe, Never would I have expected you to want to get into a battle! It really has been awhile! Kehehe..." Snype tilted his head curiously when she mentioned Bri. She was feeling the same way he did about Mark earlier...

"...I can see what you mean. For awhile I've been kinda distant from Mark... but nowadays I've spent alot more time with him, especially on halloween. I gotta say, it's good to get to be around the guy alot more. I keep forgetting that we're partners till the end... Heh... I feel bad in a way." He looked over to Thyme and nuzzled her a bit. "Of course, I'm not about to forget about you in the process. We just gotta remember we all got trainers to take care of. They take care of us just as well as we take care of eachother."

Len sat down next to Alexis as well, nudging against her playfully. "Of course I'm excited! I haven't had any action in awhile. I'm expecting to find some rock Pokemon, maybe a few fire Pokemon since its close to the volcano, That kind of stuff. I'm sure your just as excited as me though." Len said happily as he placed his hands on his feet and wobbled them around.

Mark nodded. "Yeah I'd say your good. I got myself prepared as well and I got plenty of spare Pokeballs on me as well and one or two great balls in case we find anything harder to catch." Mark said. He looked over to Alexis and Len who had been chatting away. "Heh, those two became close friends fast haven't they?"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alexis giggled as she was nudged, lifting a paw to give him a playful little shove in return, poking her tounge out at him. "Well, I guess we've just got to find out what we can find! And of course I'm excited as well! It's been a while since we went on a proper adventure, Daniel and I… I don't blame him or anything, we had to prepare to come here and all, but… I've just missed it, you know? Going out somewhere without rhyme or reason, just to explore and… see things."
She drifted off a little at the end, resting her paws on her belly, staring ahead of herself.

Daniel nodded and smiled widely. "Yep! All good to go… though I have no idea which direction we're supposed to head in. I mean, I can see the mountains, but… well, I only arrived last night, so… heh." He lifted a hand to scratch his chin faintly while glancing towards Alexis and Len, a softer, more calm smile playing on his lips. "Yeah… it's nice to see Alexis befriend others. We didn't really get to do that back in Vermillion. She needs some friends, I think."
He paused for a moment, his head tilting a little as they nudged each other playfully.
"… I wonder what they're talking about."

He stood still, staring at the two for another while, lost in thought before shaking his head quickly, snapping back to reality. "A-anyway! Let's head out! If you know where we're headed, of course… I suppose we could just head for the mountains in a straight line… what Pokémon are you hoping to catch up there? It would be pretty amazing if you could catch a dragon-type.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ruby Destiny

Psy signed at them to leave, a little rude but it was understandable since Mistress was sneaking around. 'So...we're going to power plant then?' Ruby asked Kat and Kilik. It would be fun if she could catch a Pikachu or a Shinx.

Kilik pretty much answered her question and told Ruby and Kat to follow him, she did. Yuki transformed into a Mesprit and flied up to Kilik. Yuki likes to transform into legendary pokemon, mostly to freak people out which she found pretty funny.

Hikari ran after Kilik's oshawott. 'Hi there, i'm Hikari.' She introduced herself to Yaibe.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled as she walked down the dirt path. Her head was buried in the map so Roberto took it upon himself to every so often turn her in another direction whenever the path curved or she was about to trip over some debris on the path. Lucia finally looked up and smiled, "Hey, there it is!" Lucia released her two other pokemon and looked everyone over, "Alright everyone. Our mission today is catch a Cubone!" Tyro was once again the only one who bothered to show any kind of emotion. "If we do come across any other pokemon that I want to catch, then fine, but our main objective is a Cubone. Got that?"

The pokemon nodded and Lucia looked them over. "Alright, Roberto, you'll be in your ball for now. You'll weak to rock types and I don't want you to get knocked out early. Samuel, be ready to use attack mechanic three. Most of the pokemon in here have to be rock-types so we'll have that advantage over them. Tyro, I'll let you be out as well. Rock-types are weak to fighting-type moves so get ready to use your Double Kick at a moment's notice."

Lucia withdrew Roberto into his pokeball and led her two other pokemon into the first cave she saw. The cave was pretty dark, they needed a light source. "Tyro, can you spit out some flame?" She asked. The Combusken nodded and let loose a Flamethrower and allowed Lucia to glance around to see where they were. The only way they could go was forward so Lucia moved forward. Every so often the cave became dark again during the times Tyro had to pause to take in a breath.

Eventually the group reached a intersection of three different paths to choose from. Before Lucia could put up a vote a cry was heard in the cave. Lucia's attention immediately fell to the right path, "That sounded like a Cubone!" She said. Tyro led the way down the path and Lucia followed close behind. The three made their way through a series of winding tunnels before their progress was stopped. Right ahead of them was an Aron that had been walking in their direction, but stopped as he saw the two pokemon. The steel-type put on a brave face as its body grew tense.

"An Aron... they evolve into Aggron. That would be a good pokemon to have on my team." Lucia said with a smile. "Tyro, front and center!"

"Alright! Let's get it on dude!" Tyro said as he hopped from foot to foot. The Aron growled and it's body shined as it used Harden.

"Tyro, hit it with a Flamethrower!" Tyro took in a deep breath and spat out a line of flame that engulfed the Aron. The steel-type cried out as the force of the flames pushed it back. However, it hadn't given up as it grabbed some dirt and ran right at Tyro and flung it at his eyes. Tyro cried out and quickly began to rub his eyes. Aron decided to go back in again and hit Tyro with a Metal Claw. With the Combusken occupied with freeing his eyes he was a free target as the claws racked one of his legs.

"Tyro, get some protection with Double Team!" The Combusken focused and two copies of it appeared on his sides. The Aron looked perplexed but still struck out with another Metal Claw that happened to hit one of the copies. "Double Team again!" Lucia said as another two copies appeared. The Aron didn't look so confident now as it took a wary step back and turned around and gave out a small cry. Lucia frowned, she wasn't letting this one escape. "Tyro, get that mud out of your eyes and hit it with another Flamethrower!" She shouted. The Combusken worked quickly to free his eyes and quickly sent out a Flamethrower that roasted his opponent again. The Aron saw that it wasn't getting away and in desperation ran right at Tyro with a Headbutt that managed to find the right Combusken and hit Tyro right in the gut. "Tyro, another Flamethrower to finish it!" Lucia commanded. Another wave of flame shot out and finally forced the Aron to fall unconscious. Lucia smiled and reached into her bag and threw a pokeball at the Aron.

The ball opened and sucked the little pokemon right in. Lucia smirked and just watched as the ball wobbled for a bit before it dinged. Lucia picked up the ball and put it on her belt, "Well, that's a new pokemon for me to train. Now, we go on to the Cubone!"

Tyro chuckled, "Ya see that Sammy? It took that guy out with no problems!"

Samuel nodded, "Yes... except for the Mud-Slap, Metal Claw, and Headbutt that damaged you."

Suddenly a loud roar was heard further on down the tunnel... and it didn't sound like a Cubone. An enraged Aggron emerged from the darkness with a loud roar. Samuel paled, "Crud, that must be the father! The Aron mmust have been crying for him earlier! Run!" Samuel turned and ran as Tyro grabbed Lucia and flung her over his shoulder as he took off as well. The Aggron gave off another bellow and ran right after the three.

"Tyro this way!" Samuel said as he ran right into another path that was small enough to allow the three to pass but too small for the Aggron who punched at the tunnel walls. It was some time before both Samuel and Tyro stopped and Lucia was let down. "Thank you Tyro." She said.

"Um, could you let out some more flame?" Tyro obliged and Lucia saw that in the confusion they were in a different cavern that had multiple paths leading out. "Alright... looks like we'll have to find our way out." She said. "Tyro, lead the way. Find the safest route, I only have so many hyper potions on me."

The Combusken saluted and led the way while Samuel stayed by her side. We'll find our way out soon enough. How big could this mountain be anyway? Lucia thought as she followed after Tyro.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
After checking his watch, and the constant rumbling of his stomach Isaac gave in and headed for the cafe. He would have rather gone and looked for a battle, but he was only human. Isaac headed on in to the cafe with Tach still on his head and Ace now up on his shoulder. Good things first impressions didn't matter to Isaac, because right now he looked pretty random with his mis-matched pokemon riding around on him. Isaac grabbed a tuna sandwich and a pop before taking a seat at one of the tables in the back.

"Ok fine Lunch then battles." Isaac told his pokemon.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiyoko.gif

❂ BOLD STEP ❂
GlowLine.gif

At Kat's call, Kiyoko walked wobbly over to her, and was lifted into her arms. With a contented smile, he snuggled himself up against her with Star. The boy gave him a smile, which made him rather uncomfortable. I-is he planning something...? He was still scared of capture, though he felt safer around Kat. The girl... Didn't even show interest toward him. Yet she was the one who mentioned him outside of the door. He was confused. One index finger in his mouth, her curled up to Kat, his orchid eyes softened, however still paranoid. His other hand reached the top of his head, and his full body made a noticeable cringe. It hurt, because what his hand brushed over was a scar, recently stitched together. He shivered from the pain.

Years
Atlus arrived at the beach, though their was still a good bit of time until sunset than he expected. He walked to a part he thought would be secluded, though their was no one on the beach anyway. He sat under some shade, and started to drift away to sleep........................

Unlike Flan, Munch, and Snort, who instead stayed up. No need to waste the first day, right? Flan asked, "So, what should we do?"
"What about we explore this beach! What else is their to do."
"Fine with me." "Whatever"

Flan took a high post on some rocks to 'supervise'. Snort was digging around in the sand in spots that smelled interesting, though mostly found trash(which he put away in Atlus's bag). Munch for whatever reason looked intently at the shore near the ocean. It wasn't until an hour later that something happened.

"HEY!!! Something squirted water on me!" Munch shouted.
Flan leapt of her high post, saying with doubt, "Yea.....are you sure you didn't just get splashed?"
"Yes, I'm sure. It hit me right in my face."
"What were you doing by the water anyways if you didn't want to get wet?"
"Looking for treasure maps hidden in bottles." Munch said earnestly.
Flan sighed loudly, then said, " You found the pasword to the computer and watched pirate movies again, haven't you." It was hardly a question, as she already knew the answer.
"You found the password and you didn't invite me to watch computer movies with you!" Snort said a little hurt, he enjoyed the movies too. Flan glared at Snort for reenforcing such acts, but Munch answered back before she could say anything.
"Aayyyye mateys." Munch answered both questions at once.

"What are you wierdos talking about." ???? said. The voice had come from the water, sticking his head out to see what the reaction had been to his prankish watergun. He didn't expect to hear stuff like 'pirates' and 'computers'. He swam closer, courious. Flan, Munch, and Snort where surprised to see who they assumed squirted Munch. It was a...............

Atlus was waking up from his nap, drowsy, slowly geting up to yawn.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Skye

Skye chuckled at Maxwell's antics. "Yuh-You ah-act like I-I I'm guh-honna in-in-intuh-interfere." He gave Rama a cursory glance as Ellie's eyes flashed pink, keeping Sprinkles' Hidden Power away from his fox. "Thih-his is muh-muh-much more amusing."

Rama rolled his eyes at Ellie. "Think I'm too weak to fight my own battles sweetheart?"

"If by weak you mean dangerous then yes," she commented lazily. "I know what you're thinking and blasting him to smithereens would make Bri very sad."

"Life's full of disappointments," the Zorua mused lightly, grinning at Sprinkles. "Sorry little dude. You're just gonna have to grow up before Ellie lets you fight me. Maybe she does have a soft spot for you."

"Oh and you carry Pala around for the fun of it," Ellie shot from where she sat. Skye chuckled at them both and the Espeon glowered playfully at him.

"Well... yes." He winked at the sleeping bear. "But she's my little apprentice. She's special."

Ciel

Ciel sized up his opponents carefully, noting the other boy's Pikachu had been knocked out. He nodded to himself, thinking. Kinko has the speed... but Triac the defense. However, Chika's sturdier... and doesn't have to worry about the ground type disadvantage like Triac... All right then. He nodded softly. "Brie," he murmured to his Absol, who peeked up at him. "I'm going to show you a battle. Just watch me." The Absol made a delighted little chirp of a growl.

Ciel disliked battling. Okay scratch that, he hated battling. He thought it was the most painful thing for Pokemon to go through, no matter all the good it did. And with humans it had to be so hopelessly onesided... He shook his head. This kid... whoever he was, he needed help. So that was why he was doing this. It didn't mean he had to feel proud of himself if he won.

He released Chika with a tiny grimace, the Togetic cooing curiously. He nodded at her. "Chika, Aerial Ace! We need to get that Ambipom away from the Riolu." She nodded delightedly and soared with a shree toward the purple monkey. This was a risk... but unless the trainer remembered Double Hit fast enough, he was pretty sure he could win this by himself.

???

The girl smiled lazily. "Manners dictate you answer first~" She looked at the shaking Pokeball and shook her head, continuing to watch with amusement. "You're a guest here anyway... and I don't think the others will appreciate you coming in here without a few polite words between us~" An orange Pokemon floated through a wall and the girl pet its head. "Ask Rotom."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Len put his arm on Alexis' back and patted it. "I feel for ya Alexis. But hey you can expect to find alot to explore in this academy. I've wanted to explore around a bit myself... hey if Mark is ever wandering around to catch pokemon I'll be sure to get him to invite you and Daniel! Your fun to hang out with." Len said to her happily. He looked over to Mark and Daniel. They seemed like they were ready so Len jumped up onto his feet and offered a hand to Alexis to help her up onto her feet.

"Well we're off then! Let's be sure to watch each others back out there." Len said.

Mark shrugged at Daniel. "Who knows? I'm sure whatever catches my eye will be the one I catch. Well let's not waste any more time. Lets head out!" Mark said cheerfully.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Kat nodded to Ruby. "Yep." Kat followed the others out of the door, and waved over Psy. "Are you coming?" Psy shook her head. She then turned over onto her stomach and flipped the page. Psy always was independent. Kat laughed a bit, and hugged Kiyoko closer. As Kat followed the others to the Power Plant, she started humming a tune from her home-town. It was a lullaby that her mother sang to put Kat to sleep. Star almost immediately fell asleep, and curled her tail and paws around Kiyoko. So she wouldn't fall. Kat stopped as she felt Kiyoko cringe. "Shhh... It's okay..." Kat said in a calming voice. "C'mon Kiyoko. Let's catch up with the others." Kat rushed back to the others, and saw the Power Plant over the horizon. "Ow!" Kat brushed what ever bit her off of her arm. "Oooo~ A Joltick!" Kat picked up the dizzy bug, and set it on a leaf. She normally hates Bugs, but Joltik are just so cuuute~

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Academy Grounds

Jimmy Vincent smiled evilly. He thought Fire Spin would damage the Gastly a little bit, but he didn't expect it to be knocked out after the attack. He knew he made the right choice by catching Biff, because it managed to take down one Pokémon despite his paralysis. He watched as his opponent retrieved the defeated ghost Pokémon and sent out a Charmeleon. It looked tough, but Jimmy was pretty sure that he could handle it. His foe immediately told his Pokémon to use Focus Punch.

"Biff, strike with Fire Spin!" Jimmy commanded, knowing that his maroon Houndour was unable to use any damaging non-fire-type moves.

But what happened next took Jimmy's evil smile away from his face. Sparks appeared around Biff's maroon body, and he was unable to move a muscle. All the pup could do was stay there and watch as his foe charged at him with Focus Punch, and then knocked him out in one hit.

Jimmy retrieved Biff, and glared at his opponent again. He looked behind, at Kaida and Smokey. Both looked like they were willing to fight. He decided to use his most trusted partner, his Koffing, the one he met and saved back when he was a young boy wandering the streets of Saffron.

"Smokey, take charge!" Jimmy said, "Poison Gas!"

Smokey's face acquired a serious and angry expression and blew some purple smoke out of his body, and it headed directly for his Fire-type foe. It things turned out alright for the rebellious-looking kid with ripped clothing, that Charmeleon would get poisoned and give Jimmy an advantage.

Years
Jack Jacobs
Academy Grounds

It was even again, both trainers had lost one pokemon each and now. Blaze's focus punch was enough to take down the paralyzed Houndour and he was now facing down with a Koffing. "That's it Blaze one down two to go!" Jacks words of encouragement had Blaze going and feeling empowered. Smokey was the name of the Koffing and it entered the field and in an instance it had began to release its poison gas attack.

The attack was unavoidable and heading straight for Blaze, who stood lifeless and afraid as the large cloud of thick toxic gas came closer and closer. "Flamethrower!!" Jack shouted out in desperation and hope as he watched Blaze release a stream of flames at the approaching poison gas creating a massive explosion.

The clouds dispersed and it seemed as if Jack's plan had worked out but this was a false truth as he saw Blaze drop to one knee trying to catch its breath. Despite everything Blaze was still ended up being poisoned. "Come on!!" Jack shouted in an attempt to encourage Blaze to his feet and that he did but the poisoning was obvious and the charmeleon flinched every couple of seconds grunting in pain.

Blaze was still strong though and it would take some time for the poison to bring his health down to a critical level but Jack was taking no risks. "All right Smokescreen and then you know what to do after" Blaze nod and smiled it was a secret strategy they had come up with. Blaze released the smoke unto the field covering it completely and during the confusion would use dig to get out of sight and confuse his opponent.

As the smoke cleared Blaze was gone from the battlefield, Jack smiled waiting on the other boys next move.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
(Ooc: ._. PinkSapphire. Yaibe's not an Oshawott anymore, he's a Dewott now.)

Kilik Chambers

Yaibe was strolling along with Kilik when a Poochyena came along next to him. 'Hi there, i'm Hikari.' She must be Ruby's friend.

"Hi. I'm Yaibe. Nice name." Yaibe complimented. Hikari seemed like an interesting name. Then again, so did Yaibe's name.

Kilik & everyone else were nearing the Power Plant. When a Mesprit came next to him, he wasn't startled, not one bit. "Mistress has done that trick to me many times. I'm used to it." He said to Ruby's Yuki. Oldest trick in the book for him. If she was gonna take the part, she needed to be the part. Anyway, the Power Plant was nearby. Not much though, but plenty of Pokemon to see.

Earlier he heard humming from somewhere. Was that Kat? It sounded...soothing. It...sounds familiar. It was from his childhood. It must be.

"Kat. What was that you were humming?" Kilik asked, seeing her put down a Joltik on a leaf. That bite must've hurt, but she looked like she didn't mind.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Academy Hallways
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valorie's expression showed irritation at the tone Drake was taking with her. She wanted to wipe that smug look clean off his face. If Valorie realized he was trying to provoke her she didn't show it, or perhaps just didn't care. The intent really didn't change the impact in this scenario, did it? Certainly not to her it didn't. Nobody treated /her/ that way! Nobody! After a brief moment of hesitation, as if she honestly had trouble agreeing to such simple things as 'Move outside before our pokemon destroy the school with their superpowers.' After a moment though she seemed to resign herself to this, unwillingly.

"...Fine."

Without another word she turned and started moving towards doors that marked the exit of the academy, or at least one of the exits. There were plenty across the academy where convenient. Assumedly with Drake following or even rushing to move ahead of her Valorie would proceed outside, stepping out into the sun's rays and gathering some distance between herself and the building behind her before finally stopping and turning to face Drake expectantly. She was silently considering her choice of pokemon. If this man was a dragon master her Mamoswine would probably be a good choice, but on the other hand she could hear him mocking her for not using her dragons already. Mamoswine also lacked the amount of training her other pokemon had. Perhaps Charizard was close enough? She had no type advantage there though. Choices, choices...

"..."

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Academy Grounds

Jimmy frowned again when his opponent's Charmeleon blew up Smokey's poisonous gas with Flamethrower in an attempt to send it away. But when he saw the Charmeleon in pain, he knew that this move was useless and that his foe was now poisoned. Then, as the rebellious-looking boy was about to announce his next move, his opponent told his Charmeleon to use Smokescreen and then "he knew what to do next". What? Was that some kind of secret strategy? What was this guy up to?

The smoke cleared and Charmeleon was gone. What? Where did it go? What would happen now? Instead of thinking what his foe would do next, Jimmy realised he had to think about what HE would do next. What his next move would be. He tried to remember if Smokey knew any defensive move, but he could recall none. The only move he thought would help him was the one he announced as he opened his mouth.

"Smokey, use Smog and cover the field!" he said.

Smokey happily obeyed and, with a defiant and vicious look on his face, briefly inflated before blowing a whole lot of dark smog in the air. Jimmy covered his nose with what was left of his white T-shirt, and the arena was covered in a dense fog that would hurt Charmeleon as soon as he came out of...wherever he was. Or at least Jimmy thought so.

Alice Crenshaw

Academy Cafeteria

It didn't take long for Alice to find her way back to the cafeteria. In a matter of minutes she was at the door, eager to get something to eat. Her stomach was growling louder with each step she took, indicating that it wanted food, and it wanted it at that precise moment. She walked up to the counter, let go of Jello, and ordered a huge sandwich. She got it quite quickly, and then went to find a table.

Once she found one, she proceeded to sit down and happily eat her sandwich. "Mmmmm! Yum!~" she said after taking a bite and swallowing, and offered some to Jello. However, the purple Solosis refused. When she offered some to Chuck, the Grimer refused as well, insisting, in Pokémon language which Alice failed to understand without Jello's help, that he was "full". Jello couldn't help but look at him with disgust.

"Ew." he said.

Chuck then found a soda can lying on the floor. It must have been the work of a careless student who didn't bother throwing it away with the rest of the trash. The Grimer didn't mind, however, and grabbed it. He examined it for a little while before he put it in its mouth and started chewing on it.

"Oh, come on!" Jello exclaimed.

"What?" Chuck replied, "It's dessert! And it's awesome!" After that, he swallowed the can, and let out a small burp. Alice didn't see him eat the can, her attention focused on her delicious sandwich. She was a bit startled by the burp, as she didn't see (or hear) it coming, but after realising it was Chuck she smiled and took another bite of her sandwich.

Years
Jack Jacobs
Academy Grounds

The obvious confusion on the boy's face proved that the strategy had worked and Jack had the undoubted upperhand with Blaze out of sight. His attempt at defense was to use smog attack to cover the field, Jack could have easily waited it out till the smog cleared but that was the cowards way out. "Hmmm" Jack pondered what to do though, smog couldn't poison Blaze more than he already was so he only had to worry about the damage the charmeleon would receive.

Jack had every and any angle to attack from but none would see him not getting hurt from the smog, so what would they do? Attack where it hurts most "Blaze use Flamethrower from beneath!" Jack shouted confidently. Blaze rose up from underground directly underneath the koffing, charmeleon releases a red-orange stream of fire from its mouth at him from close range.

Jack had his only little hope for a status ailment too, it was a low chance but if flamethrower hit from such a close distance maybe just maybe koffing might get burned. Jack couldn't put all his hopes on that and just hoped the flamethrower was strong enough to leave koffing reeling.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alexis turned to look at Len again and smiled brightly, nodding her head a few times. "Yeah, I think that'd be pretty good. And thank you! I think hanging out with you as well." She lifted a paw to take his hand and got onto her feet, looking rather cheerful while looking up towards their trainers for a moment, glancing back to Len and giving him a firm nod. "Right! I've got your back if you've got mine." A light, playful grin spread on her lips. "Just like I "had" your back earlier." She added with a wry little snicker.

"Right! Let's get out of here and stop wasting time! To the mountains!" Daniel smiled brightly at the prospect of heading off on a long trek with a friend, lifting an arm to dramatically point towards the mountains as he went ahead and moved out of the Pokémon center and started trotting towards the mountains, Alexis and, hopefully, Mark and his Pokémon following up behind them.

While walking, Daniel turned his head slightly to Mark. "If you… uh, need any help identifying Pokémon, I know about pretty much every Pokémon in Kanto and Johto.. though not from the other regions. I was planning to go out and travelling when I got a bit older and figured I'd only need to know about them, heh. How many do you know about?"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

"...Didn't we already pass this rock formation before?" Lucia asked. Samuel stopped and stared at the formation for a bit before sighing and pointing down another path. Lucia's watch said they had been down here for thirty minutes... but it felt like hours. They had tried so many paths, some of them leading deeper into the caves... some just leading them around in circles. Luckily the few pokemon they came across were too weak to seriously harm Samuel or Tyro, or they just took off in a frightened run. They were lucky, but if they didn't find their way out soon then it would just be that much harder to go on.

Lucia stopped, "Alright, we're taking a break." Lucia only had a little bit of food in her pack, just granola bars and the like, but it was important for all of them to just eat a bit.

Samuel sighed, "Tyro, you have any idea where we are?"

"Nope!" Came the cheerful Combusken's reply. Tyro looked over and smiled, "Hey, don't be so down dude! We'll get out of here! We've already gone through so many tunnels, so we'll have to come across the one that will let us out sooner or later."

Samuel simply huffed and looked over at Lucia, "You know, it may very well be on my watch that she perishes... I should have stopped us from coming in here."

Tyro popped the last of his granola into his mouth, "Like I said, don't sweat it dude! We'll get out of here and come back prepared next time! We'll get through this cave and make an awesome story to tell any dudes we come across!"

Samuel chuckled, "Perhaps you are right Tyro."

Tyro led the group through more tunnels and stopped dead in his tracks. He pointed off to the side to a whole group of sleeping Geodudes and Gravelers. Lucia nodded and spoke in a whisper, "Let's get around them." The three slowly creeped around through the area, every so often stopping when one of the rock-types moved in their sleep. It was going swell... until Tyro accidentally stepped right on a Geodude. The rock pokemon's eyes flashed open as he looked right at Tyro. The Geodude then gave out a loud cry as the rest of the group began to rouse from sleep. "Run!" Lucia shouted as Tyro grabbed her yet again. The group took off, having a few seconds head start before the rock-type ran after them. With Lucia resting on Tyro's shoulder she was able to see behind them and saw the distance from the group was steady decreasing. "Run faster!" She cried.

The group turned a corner and Samuel saw a small amount of light spilling from the end of the long tunnel. "Light!" Samuel cried and they ran right down the tunnel. The rock group was slightly delayed at the corner but it didn't matter as they emerged from the opening... onto a platform. Samuel stopped just in time before he went over the edge. Tyro gasped, "What do we do!?"

"Tyro, let me down!" The Combusken obliged and Lucia quickly returned the two to their pokeballs and released Roberto from his. She took a quick glance behind and saw the rock-types were almost through the tunnel. "Roberto, fly us down!" The Scizor grabbed Lucia and jumped off the platform just as the the first Geodude made it through the tunnel. A strong wind blew out and Roberto spread out his wings and glided along the breeze. Lucia giggled, "That was close!"

Roberto just grunted and shook his head as he steered himself along the wind and finally came to rest upon the path that led to the mountain. The Scizor put down Lucia who brushed off some of the dirt her workout clothes she had acquired in the caves. "Alright. That was an enlightening experience." She said. Lucia looked down at her watch. "Well, we should get going back to the dorms then." She walked down the path with Roberto following her closely.

Back