• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Adrian visibly winced. The pain was especially severe today, but thankfully it was only in his legs this time. Even so, it effectively crippled him for the rest of the day, and he had to lean heavily on his cane to keep the pressure off of them.

He wandered around the Academy grounds, searching for some place called the Suicune Dorm, which apparently contained the rooms he was assigned. At least he could unpack this stuff and not have to worry about hauling it around as a half-cripple...

He gave a sigh of exasperation. He made an effort to pick up the heavy bag that contained what amounted to all of his wordly possessions, and made his way over in the general direction he thought the dorm was.

Years
Holly Amarosa and Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla tilted her head. "What does that mean?" she asked. "Of course my leg was hurt, silly! Don't be stupid!" Holly looked up at Haru and frowned softly. "It isn't your fault," she whispered. "Just remember that..." Kayla sighed. "You're making a big deal out of nothing," she whispered. "It's nothing! I'm not dead or anything, so why are you worried? I'll be fine. I kind of want to get out out of here..." Holly looked down at the ground. "I don't want you to get hurt," she whispered. "Or else I'll lose it again like I did earlier..." Kayla tilted her head. "Lose it?" she asked. She looked at Haru. "What does she mean? Nothing happened, right?" Her voice rose at the end of her question. I hope she didn't have to take her medicine or anything...

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
"Woaaah look at all the people!" Link looked out at the small group of kids on the academy grounds. Both his pokemon looked at each other and snickered. "Hmmm... I wonder where the dorm is, my stuff is getting really heavy." Link pulled out a little map he got that showed the layout of the entire island. "Okaay, so i'm supposed to go right from here and around all that..." He drifted off as he saw another boy who looked around his age lugging around his belongings. Then he noticed something peculiar about the guy. He had a cane in one hand and seemed to be limping around. As soon as Link saw this he started towards the other boy to go help him. Holly and Mickey looked at each other and ran after their trainer. When he reached the boy Link stopped himself and tapped him on the shoulder. "Ummm... H-Hi there my name's Link..."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake

Haru sighed and looked down again. "She had to take her medicine. Nothing happened other than that. I promise." He knew that when she had to take her medicine, it wasn't good. He hoped that he would be able to forget the situation. It scared him to think that Holly might be suicidal. He couldn't live life without her now! It was time for a subject change. "And it was too my fault! If I didn't make that decision to go into the woods, Geronimo wouldn't have attacked you! And it isn't nothing! You're sick!" He frowned and rubbed the back of his neck again. "I take full responsibility for you being bed-ridden."

Years

Kayla gasped and looked at Holly, who shrugged. "I don't like my medicine," she said stubbornly. "It makes me a freak." Kayla sighed and stood up, wincing as she stood on her leg. Holly gasped and stared at Kayla's swollen leg. "Kayla, you should rest," she said, tears filling her eyes. "P-Please..." Kayla ignored her and limped over to Haru. She hugged him tightly. "I'm the one who decided to go in there," she whispered. "If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I'm the one who wanted to go. It's better me than you, anyway." She smiled and looked at her Pokemon, who had hidden under the bed and were now peeking out. "I needed a rest, anyway. I move around too much. It's my fault that my leg got worse."

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Raikou Dorm

Conor could see the towering building that was the Academy just over the hill. Throughout the entire trek of the path Conor was waiting anxiously and ready for another Pokémon to jump out and attack them on the road. However they encountered no trouble and easily travelled from 'Oak Town' back to the Academy.

As Conor and Poli walked towards their dorm, they could see lots of trainers with their Pokémon by their sides and even some who were battling. As he entered into the Raikou Dorm there was now a lady sitting behind the counter, Conor approached the lady and nervously stated "Umm … hello my name is Conor and I'm a student of the Academy and the Raikou Dorm". The lady peered at him through her glasses, Conor could barely make out her eyes due to the reflection on the glasses. "We …. Uhh … We were here earlier but there was no one in so we went for a walk around the Island". Conor added. "Oh yes sorry about that, I was out taking a phone call". "Ah yes, so your name is 'Liam Conor Crawford', correct?" asked the lady. "Yeah that's me" Conor replied instantly. "Ok well here is your dorm room key and your official Raikou Dorm Jacket. And let me say 'welcome to Pokémon Trainer Academy'" stated the lady.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn nodded at Ace's response as he saw the nurse bringing back his pokeballs. He quickly thanked the nurse and took his five, placing them on their respective notches on his belt. Then he turned to Ace. "I'm gonna head next door to buy a couple of things. Your pokemon should be healed by the time I'm done. If not, I'll wait outside for you, ok?" he smiled as he walked past his new friend and walked next door to the shop.

He walked over to the TM side of the store, looking at the water-type moves. He settled on two: Bubblebeam and Razor Shell. He put the TMs on the counter and handed the clerk his money. He didn't have much left, but it was all worth it to him. He went outside afterwards and brought out Shiva. Shiva was excited to be out, her tongue wagging and everything as she looked up at her trainer. Shawn then pulled out the TMs he bought, taking Bubblebeam first and placing it on Shiva. Shiva shivered for a second and absorbed the knowledge of the move. He did this once more, this time for Razor Shell. She absorbed this one, as well. "Soon, when the time is right, you'll be ready. For now, this should make you tough enough to deal with some rock-types," he spoke softly to her, and Shiva sprang up a little, happiness in her eyes. He then recalled her to her pokeball.

He put the two TMs away for now and stood outside, waiting for Ace to get through so they could go to the mountains.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
217434_364632540309071_2067233548_n.jpg
Oerba Dia Vanille

Vanille smiled back at the younger girl. "Pokemon Research sounds great" she said ignoring the blush on the girls face. Probably thinking about a boy Vanille smiled more and set Prince on the ground before standing. "I'm sorry I have to leave. It was great to meet you Alice, and I hope you feel better soon." she smiled and called Merida to her before waving and leaving the room with her two Pokemon.

Should probably find my dorm room to drop off some stuff, can't carry all of it around forever she thought leaving the Pokemon Center. Looking at her map she found the Suicune Dorm easily and made her way to it. Nearing the building she saw a boy struggling with his stuff while another boy went up to him and tapped his shoulder. Vanille made her way over to them and smiling charmingly. "Need help?"

295332_364632546975737_188531419_n.jpg
Rosalyn Smith

Dex sat down and crossed his arms talking about his new Pokemon. "It looked like an Electric-type though. It used some kind of electric-attack, probably Spark or Thundershock when I saw it." he looked at her. "Anyway, it seemed like I will be spending some time here. What's your plan?"

Well, the Lugia Dorm still sounds promising...and less dangerous she thought with a smile. "Well, I'd still like to check out the Lugia Dorm. I heard there are Purrloin in there. Plus I can easily put one of my six Pokemon in the PC." she stood again with a smile. "I actually think I'll do that now"

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ace Nakamura
Ace was still happy and excited for the adventure that was awaiting him. He watched as Shawn took his pokeballs and thanked the nurse. He approached the counter and handed Charizard to the nurse.
-Could you please heal him for me?
The nurse smiled and took his pokemon. He waited for a few minutes before getting it back. He patted the pokemon.
-How do you feel now? Ready to take on some wild pokemons?
Charizard growled strongly and Ace smiled. His pokemon was back at full power. He put Charizard in his ball and headed out. He noticed Shawn waiting for him.
-I'm ready, said Ace.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake

Haru sighed and hugged Kayla back, but then picked her up and carried her back to bed. He placed her under the covers. "Don't get back up." He wagged a finger at her. Then he turned to Holly. "It does NOT make you a freak!" He walked over to her and hugged her tightly. "It makes you different. It makes you unique." He looked down at her and gave her a bright smile. He leaned down and gave her a peck on the nose. "Now, if we're going to get you better, Kayla, you're going to have to stay put, and you need medicine too." He looked at Holly. "Between the two of us, she's going to get better in no time!" He winked, flashed a thumbs-up, and grinned. "Trust me." He laughed and looked to Kayla. "Nurse Holly and Doctor Haru are here to fix you up!"

Years

Holly sighed and rolled her eyes. "I am a freak, though," she muttered under her breath. Molly frowned softly and shook her head. She looked under the bed and smiled when she saw Kayla's Pokemon crawl out. Yuri wagged her tail and jumped onto the bed next to Kayla. Kayla smiled. "Doctor Haru, huh?" she asked. She sighed softly. "The nurse was going to bring me crutches, anyway... I told her that I absolutely cannot stay in this bed while my cousin is out meeting new people!" Holly sighed again. "You are impossible, Kayla," she muttered.

She heard a knock on the door and jumped. "W-Who is it?" she asked nervously. She sighed in relief when she heard Nurse Joy and opened the door. The nurse marched up to Kayla and laid some crutches near her bed. Holly smiled and started to close the door when she saw the boy from earlier walking into the room. Kayla gasped and screamed as the boy picked Holly up and threw her against the wall. "No one says no to me," he said angrily.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake

Haru watched the boy slam Holly against the wall. He just about snapped. "STAY AWAY FROM HER!" He ran up to the boy and slugged him across the face. The boy backed away, but only momentarily. Haru grabbed the boy and took him out of the room. "SHE'S MINE!" He roared with fury and began to wail on the antagonist. It wasn't long before his entire face was bleeding. Haru realized what he had done and backed up. "Dear Arceus...What have I done?" The boy stood up and began to try and fight back, but Haru tripped him and sent him plummeting to the ground. "Bastard." He kicked the fallen boy. "You leave Holly alone." He walked back into the room and stuck his hands in his pockets. "So...He won't be back." He looked around non-chalantly. "Now what?"

Years

Kayla watched Haru and sighed. "I don't know," she said, reaching for her crutches. "I guess now I learn how to walk in these things..." Holly winced and stood up. "Jerk," she whispered, looking at her arm. She pulled her sleeve up for a second and noticed a big purple bruise. She hid it before anyone could notice. Kayla wobbled on her crutches, keeping her bad leg up. Molly watched Holly and sighed. Daisy whimpered and nudged Holly's hand. Holly looked down at her and smiled. She petted her on the head and winced. Kayla smiled. "Look at me!" she said excitedly. Holly smiled at her before looking at Haru. "Are you okay?" she asked softly.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Well, needless to say, this was strange. He wasn't used to people helping him much less getting offers for help. Back home, everyone depended so much on their own power to do things that they rarely thought about everyone else when they weren't doing so hot.

First, it was someone named Link who approached him, and almost out of habit, Supernova materialized out of nowhere, appearing from behind him. She was a bit too used to people challenging him to battles at the worst possible moments, and by now she knew how to fight on her own.

But, things turned out quite differently. "Thanks for the offer. My name's Adrian." He tried not to let the pain in his leg or the surprise at being helped with something show, as he made a titanic effort to lift the heavy bag onto his back, and failed once again. "I can actually use a bit of help. This thing is pretty heavy. Goes to show that one CAN have too many books."

The next thing he knew, ANOTHER person was approaching him. This time, it was a girl, and he was all too used to being shunned and rejected by any one of them that he so much as walked towards. In the Village of Dragons, weakness was generally a thing to be avoided, and he had it written all over him on some days -- days like this, for instance.

This time, she simply walked up to him and looked like she didn't have a care in this world as she asked if he needed any help. "Thanks. I'd really love it. If you can take the other end of the bag, I think I can chip in a bit, but with this cane..."

After that, the words died in his throat. It was too bad that weakness was considered neither a virtue, nor a source for them. Thankfully, Frostbite and Superman saved him from an incredibly embarrassing moment (he was nearly about to blush at the thought of a girl hanging out with him). They were terrorizing a local Rattata by pelting it with rocks and making scary faces at it when Adrian shouted at them to stop that nonsense (which, thankfully, they did).

"So yeah, I'm a bit lost at the moment. Where do we head off to?" Adrian made a subtle motion to return his other two Pokémon to their balls, leaving Supernova there to observe the other two from behind her trainer.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
"Thanks for the offer. My name's Adrian" Link looked at the other boy, not sure what to say. "U-uh-uh..." As Link struggled to find the right words to say a girl walked up and also offered Adrian some help. Link looked over at Adrian and saw a look of confusion and bewilderment flash on his face. They started talking and Link's eyes wandered around as he took in his new surroundings. Then he heard the sounds of some pokemon in what he thought was a battle. Link spun aroun to what he thought was the battle to find a Ghastly and a Shelder terrorizing a little Ratata. A grin started to appear on Link's face but, then he was snapped back to reality by Adrian scolding the two pokemon. Both of Link's own pokemon found this hilarious and started rolling on the ground from laughter. "So yeah, I'm a bit lost at the moment. Where do we head off to?" Link looked at the boy confused "E-erm, since you still are carrying all your stuff... shouldn't you be heading to the dorms?" Link grabbed the bag that Adrian was struggling with. Oh geez... This is really heavy Link thought to himself. He smiled and tried to act like he wasn't struggling himself. "L-let's go to the dorms th-then." Link started towards the dorms as he tried to put on a face of cheeriness when he felt like the bag would break his back.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Oak Town
511.png
17.png
352.png
+ Helioptile

Dex and Rosie had not been friends for a whole day now and yet the boy could feel a certain kind of kinship with her. However, the deal was made when Rosie told him that she'll be planning to take a visit to the abandoned dorm. It seemed like she knows everything Dex was thinking.

"Really? Are you quite sure that you're planning to go there? I also have plans myself. After my Pokemon are healed, I will be going there," Dex said, leaving out the part where he just wanted to break some rules. But that would go unsaid; it's implied.

"Want to go with me?"

siiadams

Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - to the Mountains

Shawn nodded as Ace came out of the pokemon canter, saying he was ready. "Lets go," he stated as they started their long walk to the mountains. The whole trip he was thinking about the kinds of pokemon he'd see, but there was one in particular he was looking for. He hoped he'd capture one, seeing as he had one or two pokeballs left. He might have to get some more and come back, but hopefully it wouldn't be nescessary.

As they neared their destination, he noticed the terrain changed from grassy fields and trees to dust and rocks strewn about. They continued on, noticing some of the native pokemon in the area. A couple of Sandshrew, Diglett quickly retreating underground, a few Roggenrola walking around...none of which Shawn needed to find. "I'm looking for a particular pokemon, so I might be searching for a bit," he stated to Ace, "If you want help capturing a pokemon, let me know." He smiled, showing he meant no ill will.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ace Nakamura
Ace began walking along Shawn. The atmosphere was silent for the entirety of the travel. Ace felt slightly bored because they never encountered a wild pokemon to battle.
"Where are these pokemons? It would be better if they stopped hiding!"
He was itching to see or participate into a fight. It's been a long time since he last fought a trainer and he hoped this would change. He was so lost in his thoughts that he was slightly surprised when Shawn talked. He nodded without any conviction and continued walking.
"Maybe if I encountered a Dugtrio or an Onix, I'd capture him", he thought seeing that his team was weak to rock types.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Raikou Dorm

Conor pulled the jacket up round his shoulders and then proceeded to fix the collar. Smirking Conor looked down at his new jacket. "This is awesome" he thought to himself. He turned and thanked the lady behind the counter and then proceeded to his new dorm room. He stood outside the door, placed the key in the lock and turned it, with a sharp click the door unlocked. He then opened it and walked inside, closing the door behind him and then looked around and chuckled "Pretty sweet Poli, better than what we had back home anyways".

Poli jumped up on the bed and Conor reached into his bag and pulled out the other Poké Ball that was in his bag since he arrived. As Conor lobbed it to the ground, the Poké Ball opened and as the red beam finished a Ralts stood standing in the centre of the room. Upon looking up at Conor the Ralts immediately ran over and hugged Conor's leg. As Conor picked up the Ralts and placed it on the bed, it smiled and ran over to Poli. As the two Pokémon started playing Conor rubbed his eyes and lay back on the bed. Ralts and Poli's playtime was soon interrupted by the sounds of snoring.

siiadams

Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Mountains

Shawn kept his eyes out for the pokemon he was looking for. In fact, he was paying so much attention that he tripped over a big rock in the ground. He fell hard to the ground, his head pounding from the fall. He quickly grabbed his pills and took another painkiller to stop the throbbing in his head. As he slowly got back to his feet, he turned and noticed that the rock he tripped over was moving on its own. He noticed that it had arms and its eyes were angry. It seemed that he tripped over a now-angry Geodude.

How lucky! That's the pokemon he needed anyways. Time to capture it! He quickly pulled off a pokeball from his belt. "Sorry for bothering you," he told the rock-type in front of him, "but I've been needing a pokemon like you on my team." He threw the pokeball and said, "Let's go, Cactuar!" His Cacnea came out, nervous when he saw the Geodude in front of him. "It's ok, Cactuar, we can beat this guy together. You ready?" Cactuar was still shaking, but nodded that he was ready.

"Let's go," Shawn started, "Leech Seed!" Cactuar nodded, using the flower on his head to shoot the seeds at the foe. Thankfully, Geodude was slow-moving so it got hit easily. In return, Geodude used its Rock Throw attack and nailed Cactuar squarely. Cactuar got up and shook himself off, feeling a little better from the Leech Seeds. "Now use your Absorb attack!" he cried. Cactuar concentrated hard as small orbs of green energy are seen coming out of Geodude and entering Cactuar's body. Geodude, feeling very weak from the attack, tried his Magnitude attack (Magnitude 9). Suddenly, the ground shook rapidly, causing Cactuar to fall hard to the ground. Thankfully, the Leech Seed kicked in again, healing him more. As Cactuar got up again, Shawn called to him, "Just a little more, but don't hurt him too much. Use your Poison Sting." He knew the attack wouldn't hurt Geodude much, but it'd be enough for it to be hurt once more. Cactuar summoned its strength and shot a volley of poison-tipped needles at the foe, but the needles harmlessly bounced off Geodude's rock-hard exterior. The Geodude again used its Magnitude attack (Magnitude 6), but the attack seemed to be weaker than before. It still hurt and shook up Cactuar, but the Leech Seed again took its toll on Geodude, as its arms hung loosely at his sides.

Shawn saw his chance. He pulled out his pokeball, but remembered Sammy's promise: to battle her with whatever pokemon he had captured with his Luxury Ball. He put away the regular pokeball and pulled out his Luxury Ball and threw it at the weakened pokemon. The ball hit him square on the top of his head, drawing him inside. The ball landed on the ground as it quaked. Apparently, Geodude still had enough strength to try and fight out. Shawn stared at the ball, hoping to see a favorable result.

Back