• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ahhh Best Wishes and its funky pacing. :( It's disappointing that they made this arc so short; I think the filler arc after this might be longer since we're still gonna have like... five months to go before x/y.
Yeah same. I am really lost as to why they keep rushing things when they know the exact amount of time they have before they can really get XY saga going. :|
I haven't watched the Pokemon Anime in a while. I kinda lost interest in it.
join the watch-along club
Last time I watched a Pokemon episode (the new ones) was when Ash was entering his second gym. I have a lot of catching up to do, but uuuugh irl stop kicking my toosh man.
I know right. :( I didn't watch BW for like over a year and then caught up in four days wahoo

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I haven't watched it in quite a while. I just lost interest and it seems pretty childish. Was neat to see different moves used in a more "realistic" way, though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well yeah it's kinda childish. It's, um, a kid's show. But it does tend to have fun characters and interesting plots, and it actually isn't stagnant. Except for Johto. Oh, region of fillers....

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I'll pick it up again once the anime reaches the XY point, or closer to the end of Unova, but the journey itself just kinda.. I lost my interest sorta early on.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
But Episode N though! Drama and things are happening and the Rockets are actually cool as well as entertaining. :D

And no, those didn't ever air. Elements of them are being reworked into upcoming episodes and the July movie though.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I do really wanna watch the N episodes, I'll give it that. I just wasn't aware of when it was airing.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Weeeell most of Episode N has already aired in Japan and the dub will get to it in like three weeks. :D

& yeah and it's kind of a shame because wow those episodes looked absolutely amazing. :( but oh well!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's a neverending anime, which means it's automatically out in my book. :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Not really? Most do have an actual ending, as befits a dramatic production. But Pokémon is more like a sitcom or a soap in that it just keeps on going. Things change, but it's still gonna go on.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well no. A lot of them have a set ending in mind because the creators want to tell a story, which has a pretty clear beginning, plot progression, and end. Like how BBC's Merlin was set up- 5 seasons, that's done. But what you're thinking of is more like Doctor Who- it's not going to properly end until a) it stops being a cash cow or b) it gets cancelled again because the storytelling's gone to ****.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Anime tends to only have no ending if it gets cancelled/scrapped/postponed before its originally scheduled end... unless it's non-sequential in which case it generally just doesn't matter, just like non-sequential material in Western TV culture too. If Pokémon does ever end, you know they'll go out of their way to make it a significant end.

And then it'll be rebooted like a year later so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Isn't that pretty much any anime?

No not really. Most anime goes for one season, and then if people like it enough maybe it'll go for another or two more. There's Naruto and Bleach and all that, but the vast majority of anime is 13-26 episodes, maybe 2-3 seasons, and done.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm not sure if people are aware, but all the interest in Episode N has led me to think it's worth saying: we actually do have a Pokémon Anime section here at PC, complete with an Episode Discussion forum and threads for nearly all the recent episodes. I mean, if you're looking into Episode N and want to talk about it, that's there. Just though I'd say something since apparently nobody knows about it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Maybe I'm speaking from my own moderator perspective, but I don't think there are people that don't know that we have an anime section....XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
For what reason? I mean like... it's fine that you don't, but what makes you not want to go there and talk about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back