• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FRLG UI/Menu Pack

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
As the title suggests, I've recreated various UI and Menus seen in FRLG. Some of these menus actually used to be available in Essentials, but have since been long gone due to the menus not being properly scaled for the newer default screen size.

This pack contains the following UI/screens:

- FRLG Battle Screen
Spoiler:

- FRLG Box Storage Screen
Spoiler:

- FRLG Move Tutor Screen
Spoiler:

- FRLG Party Screen
Spoiler:

- FRLG Summary Screen
Spoiler:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Resources for each screen are located in separate folders. This is mainly for organizational purposes but also allows people to pick and choose which screens they want to use.

Each folder contains pictures that go straight into your picture folders. It also contains text files with contents that you can copy/paste directly into your script sections. The text file names match the script sections they are to be copied to.*

*NOTE:
If you are using the summary screen, the script titled MoveDescFix can be pasted into a new section above Main. This script is required for the summary screen to work! Shoutout to Marin for providing this script as a fix for the offsets of move description lines in the summary.

DISCLAIMERS:
- For some reason choosing a Pokemon from your party outside of battle will sometimes make the screen think there is a double battle. This bug is mostly harmless and only appears in specific instances like for the Daycare and Move Tutor.

- While not shown in the provided screenshots, I have also included the type icons from Gen 3 for the Box Storage, Move Tutor and Summary Screens. Fairy type icon is not included.

- These scripts have ONLY been tested in Version 16. Attempting to implement them into Version 17 will be done at your own risk. That being said, the image resources can still be used but scripting will have to be done separately if compatibility is an issue with later versions.

DOWNLOAD (v16):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3m1yj5ealy9e5a1/FRLG+UI+Menu+Pack.zip

parkedhampster managed to get some of the UI working for version 17.2! Thank you for your contribution, hampster!
Changes made:
* renamed provided png files to match the naming scheme used in 17.2
* updated the different pokebattle scripts (as noted with the V17 versions)
* restructured the images so that they match the structure of 17.2

Updated scripts are a little sloppy looking with comments but otherwise work as intended

DOWNLOAD (v17.2 BATTLE UI ONLY):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v61ljiunu48oao/FRLG%20Battle%20Screen%20V17.2.zip?dl=0

Credits:
- MoveDescFix created by Marin
- Essentials scripts modified by SilentGamer64
- Images pulled from Essentials 2012 and re-scaled by SilentGamer64
- parkedhampster for v17.2 battle screen compatibility

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Are you can do it for Version 17?

Possibly in the future, I started with v16 because that's what I'm using for my own game and upgrading to v17 would be too much extra work with all the script changes I've already made.

Fortunately half the work (the menu images) is already done, so all I would have to do is look at and change the scripts.

Chdonga

Pixel Artist/Spriter
Years
I'm using v17. For some reason the fight options are always centered. Anybody know how to fix this?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I'm using v17. For some reason the fight options are always centered. Anybody know how to fix this?

It isn't compatible with v17 as I said in the OP. You can still use the UI images from my pack but you will have to use the vanilla v17 code and change the positioning values manually.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to make a v17 compatible version at the moment.

Last edited:

Chdonga

Pixel Artist/Spriter
Years
It isn't compatible with v17 as I said in the OP. You can still use the UI images from my pack but you will have to use the vanilla v17 code and change the positioning values manually.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to make a v17 compatible version at the moment.

I was actually working on a FRLG UI before I found this thread. You've saved me quite a bit of work.

I'm modifying vanilla v17's scripts and I'm seeing a pretty good amount of success. I can't seem to find whatever value is causing the text anchor point to always be in the center. A lot of comparing and contrasting is involved. I'll keep tabs on this thread in case I finish it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I was actually working on a FRLG UI before I found this thread. You've saved me quite a bit of work.

I'm modifying vanilla v17's scripts and I'm seeing a pretty good amount of success. I can't seem to find whatever value is causing the text anchor point to always be in the center. A lot of comparing and contrasting is involved. I'll keep tabs on this thread in case I finish it.

I used https://text-compare.com/ a lot when looking at how the old v12 Essentials scripts handled the UI compared to v16.

Feel free to release your resource as a successor to mine if you finish it. Mine is already kind of outdated anyways since it's only for v16. Good luck!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
OMG!!! Thank you!! I've been trying to create this myself with lots of bugs and bad results. You are a life saver!!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
OMG!!! Thank you!! I've been trying to create this myself with lots of bugs and bad results. You are a life saver!!

No problem, but as mentioned in the OP, the scripts that set up the correct positions for the screens are not compatible with v17.

That being said, the images can still be implemented into v17, but you'll have to edit their positions in the scripts yourself.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Oh God! Thank you!

I was looking for Party Screen with support for double battles.
Im usin 17.2 but i will use compare.txt to merge with version lol

I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Oh God! Thank you!

I was looking for Party Screen with support for double battles.
Im usin 17.2 but i will use compare.txt to merge with version lol

I really appreciate it!

I'd do it myself, but unfortunately I don't have the time. If you manage to completely replicate it in v17, feel free to send it my way, I'll post it in the OP and give you credit for re-scripting it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
No problem, but as mentioned in the OP, the scripts that set up the correct positions for the screens are not compatible with v17.

That being said, the images can still be implemented into v17, but you'll have to edit their positions in the scripts yourself.

im still using 16 so this is awesome for me!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Has anyone in here gotten this updated/modified to work for V17.2?

If not, I'm going to try to get all of that done in the next week or so.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
As an update, I went ahead and made an up-to-date version of the battle menus, sending those over to you now, sg64

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Updated the OP with parkedhampster's v17.2 compatible package. Thanks hampster!

DISCLAIMER: This doesn't contain all of the screens, only the battle UI, but is still a good starting point for Gen 3 UI fans.
Changes made:
* renamed provided png files to match the naming scheme used in 17.2
* updated the different pokebattle scripts (as noted with the V17 versions)
* restructured the images so that they match the structure of 17.2

Updated scripts are a little sloppy looking with comments but otherwise work as intended

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
For some reason the mega cursor isn't showing up, but i can still mega evolve, any way to fix this?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
For some reason the mega cursor isn't showing up, but i can still mega evolve, any way to fix this?

Since mega evolution didn't exist in Gen 3, these menus don't support it. You'll have to re-implement the graphics and scripts that handle mega evolution yourself to get it to show up (the same goes for z moves, dynamax, etc).

Years
  • Seen today
Alright, thank you, im only gonna try and do mega evolution, zmoves and dynamax are kind of lame and i made a custom mega cursor with gen 3 ui in mind.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Great resource! I did find one bug with the Party section, though.

When switching the 1st pokemon with every other pokemon in the party, the slide animation for the pokemon being moved to the 1st slot plays in the wrong direction. This may have something to do with the fact that Essentials by default uses a 2x2 grid for the party (not certain).

Regardless, I found a solution that fixed the problem.

In both def pbSwitchBegin and def pbSwitchEnd, change these two lines:
Code:
oldsprite.x+=(oldid&1)==0 ? -12 : 12
newsprite.x+=(newid&1)==0 ? -12 : 12
...to this:
Code:
oldsprite.x+=(oldid)==0 ? -12 : 12
newsprite.x+=(newid)==0 ? -12 : 12

Back