• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Guys, question here, I'm trying to nuzlocke the harcore mode, but I can't find any patch of grass at viridian or pewter city, do I have the wrong version of the game? I've got the 2.3a, I can enter to digglet's cave before brock. Or how am I supose to catch on those cities?

I've played 2.3a a couple of weeks ago and the extra grass patches were there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Strange, as it says that anyone with the link should be able to see it.
It is basically just this standard Hall of Fame screen without any pokemon or text, just the background:
9tGYQCh.png

I did not do anything different to what I normally do, which is why I am so confused. I always save the game before I face them and then just go from there. Everything works fine until the Hall of Fame screen appears and you are supposed to see the pokemon that you completed the league with, which in this case does not happen. Instead of the pokemon appearing, the game softlocks as soon as the Hall of Fame screen appears and you cannot press anything or do anything at that point, apart from resetting the game.

That's definitely odd. Maybe head on over to the discord and report it. Ask if you should upload your save file and maybe a save state so they can try to reproduce the issue.

This probably isn't the case, but check all your PC boxes for Bad Eggs. If one does happen to be inside, it's likely the cause. I've never come across one on any CFRU based rom hacks. No cheats used, correct?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 16, 2021
Hey i had a bug i was playing on my phone and then i started getting only 1exp my version is 2.3a

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2023
That's definitely odd. Maybe head on over to the discord and report it. Ask if you should upload your save file and maybe a save state so they can try to reproduce the issue.

This probably isn't the case, but check all your PC boxes for Bad Eggs. If one does happen to be inside, it's likely the cause. I've never come across one on any CFRU based rom hacks. No cheats used, correct?

Hmm, good idea. How can I tell if an egg is bad though?
Never used cheats, so that cannot be a factor in this case.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hmm, good idea. How can I tell if an egg is bad though?
Never used cheats, so that cannot be a factor in this case.

It will say "Bad EGG" on an actual looking egg. It's like a virus in the game. If you do have any, you'd be recommend to restart. But you've never used cheats so I doubt that's the issue.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2023
It will say "Bad EGG" on an actual looking egg. It's like a virus in the game. If you do have any, you'd be recommend to restart. But you've never used cheats so I doubt that's the issue.

I only had one egg in my PC and it wasn't a bad one so it must be related to something else.

When I looked in the "bug-reports" channel on discord, I saw that someone else had reported the exact same problem already. So apparently I'm not the only one having this issue.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 10, 2021
Really liking this game. Very challenging. One issue I ran into was that torkoal's hidden ability is not drought like everything else in the game indicates. Its disappointing because he was going to be the centerpiece of my sun team.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2021
My charmander just hit lv16 and evolved before Brock. The furthest i've gone into the game was Viridian Forest. Playing on Hardcore, though I don't remember getting a prompt to enable Restricted Mode. Is this automatically turned on in Hardcore Mode or do I have to set it somewhere? Awesome Mod so far, as a fairly casual Player these trainer battles are challenging already.

EDIT: It stopped gaining EXP at lv16, seems to be working fine after all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Playing on Hardcore, though I don't remember getting a prompt to enable Restricted Mode. Is this automatically turned on in Hardcore Mode or do I have to set it somewhere?

Restricted mode is to prevent trivializing default RR difficulty with cheese setups. Hardcore is basically an hilarious "Anything goes" mode so, I didn't try it (and probably never will :)) but I guess there isn't much point in restricting anything from the player in that mode, I mean, unless it is actually activated by default.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Restricted mode is in fact built into (and made slightly more restrictive in) Hardcore mode. No way to turn it off, it's always active as an added factor for making this version of the game obscenely difficult.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Really liking this game. Very challenging. One issue I ran into was that torkoal's hidden ability is not drought like everything else in the game indicates. Its disappointing because he was going to be the centerpiece of my sun team.

The Hard mod don't let you use some moves and abilities. Mainly one that summon the weather or a terrain and the moves that buff your stats

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
When I try patching my game w/ NUPS and using rr2_3a.ups w/ fire red 1.1 USA it tells me "The patch doesn't match the file. Patching cancelled." and idk what to do.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Hi guys, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I got banned from the RadicalRed discord server: how can I get back in? I was kicked out because I got hacked, but now everything is fine.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
When I try patching my game w/ NUPS and using rr2_3a.ups w/ fire red 1.1 USA it tells me "The patch doesn't match the file. Patching cancelled." and idk what to do.
When I sent the PM to help, I overlooked a detail about your situation. The problem is that you're using the wrong ROM file. There's one that has Squirrel in the name. That's the one you need to use.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 21, 2021
Is there any way to obtain items like Charizardite Y in the minimal grinding mode, since they require me to show pokemon with EVs when EVs are not available.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2021
I was wondering about this too, I was wanting to get the Assault Vest but it's locked behind showing Jasmine a pokemon with defense evs

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I was wondering about this too, I was wanting to get the Assault Vest but it's locked behind showing Jasmine a pokemon with defense evs

If you are in a mode where they removed the EVs, show them a pokemon with more that 120 or 125 in their corresponding base stats (and for Sabrina, show her a shiny).

Back