• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

News: More Sun and Moon news 6th September

blue

gucci
Years
Can't wait for this! I love the beginning of the month trailers, they're usually packed full of new info.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
The information is flying out fast and furious now. Love it.

Years
So surprised we're getting more news not too long after the Direct. We should hopefully get more revealed since it'll be a new trailer again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
The games come out in November, right? I can't imagine why they would wait until October, one month prior to release, to reveal any major features since that's cutting it very close... So if this upcoming news doesn't showcase any major features, I'm going to be extremely concerned.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I hope they reveal the middle evolutions for the starters! Evolutions for Pikipek, Rockruff, and Cutiefly would also be nice.

Years
I hope they reveal the middle evolutions for the starters! Evolutions for Pikipek, Rockruff, and Cutiefly would also be nice.

I am still shocked we have no Pikipek evo revealed yet since XY pre-release had Talonflame revealed back at E3 but I feel it should be time we have it revealed, hopefully on Tuesday or in CoroCoro. Failing that, October.

Starter middle evolutions I could see either being revealed in CoroCoro (since the starters have a tie with Rockruff who will be showcased in this month's issue) or if that doesn't happen, also October.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
Years
Since the direct didn't have any huge news on Pokémon SuMo, and was about many 3DS games, I guess (and hope) they want to make a video that is fully focused on Pokémon with some great news! (Starters evo maybe?)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I am still shocked we have no Pikipek evo revealed yet since XY pre-release had Talonflame revealed back at E3 but I feel it should be time we have it revealed, hopefully on Tuesday or in CoroCoro. Failing that, October.

Starter middle evolutions I could see either being revealed in CoroCoro (since the starters have a tie with Rockruff who will be showcased in this month's issue) or if that doesn't happen, also October.

I actually felt that Talonflame was revealed too early. Does anyone know when Unfeazant was revealed in relation to BW's news cycle?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Or TPC can just plan on hiding everything until release. I thought most people would prefer it if they were to play the games as blind as possible? Seems TPC is doing a good job at hiding all of the important parts; I see no reason for the concern.

It depends on what you'd refer to as "important." They're bound to show some information because the games need a selling point aside from having "Pokémon" in the title, and that's what they've been doing. Except all they've been showing is new Pokémon and Alola forms. If they think that's enough then fine, but how do they benefit from keeping features secret?

Yeah, a lot of fans want to play the game as blind as possible, but they also want to know what they can look forward to experiencing at least to some degree--one of the reasons why I feel a lot of people are anxiously awaiting the starter evolutions to be shown, for instance.

It all comes down to the fact that what's being shown is what TPC considers to be SM's "selling points." So if they don't showcase any major features, either they don't consider them to be selling points, or they don't have them at all. Both of which are concerning, the former because if they don't think of features or facilities as selling points, they may not be implemented to an extent fans hope for, or may not make a comeback in future titles (see: their logic behind the Battle Frontier's exclusion in ORAS).

Reactions: Nah
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Damn it, this new announcement has to come out on the first day of school for me X(. This sucks. Now I have to wait until night to see any new information. I hope they reveal something nice.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Feels like with that Snorlax and Raichu Z-Moves we can say RIP Megas. Also Alolan form is exclusive to Kanto pokemon after seeing Rattata, I doubt any other generation will get Alolan form since all those revealed are from Kanto.

Years
Feels like with that Snorlax and Raichu Z-Moves we can say RIP Megas. Also Alolan form is exclusive to Kanto pokemon after seeing Rattata, I doubt any other generation will get Alolan form since all those revealed are from Kanto.

I agree with you in that I'm now starting to believe these theories. I remember it was stated Mega Evolution only existed in Kalos, while it was unknown how it was able to occur in Hoenn as OR/AS never hinted at how Mega Evolution power got into Hoenn.

And yeah, I am calling Alola Forms as complete Kanto fanservice now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Counting chickens before they hatch I see. There's a possibility that they will be available postgame, because right now Z-Moves are the main focus.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I mean... there's no way they'd get rid of Mega Evolutions... if anything there's just not going to be any new ones...

Of course Z moves are going to be the main focus but that doesn't mean they're literally tossing features out the window.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
So surprised we're getting more news not too long after the Direct. We should hopefully get more revealed since it'll be a new trailer again.

If I'm being honest, a single alolan form of a minor (dare I say, nearly irrelevant?) Pokemon and the reveal of the promotional pokemon+new Z move is pretty minor info, in my eyes. I'm not surprised to see us getting more info this quickly.

Or TPC can just plan on hiding everything until release. I thought most people would prefer it if they were to play the games as blind as possible? Seems TPC is doing a good job at hiding all of the important parts; I see no reason for the concern.

You know, I never thought about it but I think you're right. They seem to be showing us stuff very often, and a wide variety of new Pokemon. But nothing huge has really been shown or revealed yet, with the exception of the Trials replacing gym leaders stuff. Now that this is on my mind, I'll be considering it everytime I see new trailers and reveal videos from TPC.

Back