• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

News: More Sun and Moon news 6th September

Years
Ullion does have a point. The Direct focused on a lot of different games so the minimum info made sense when you look back at it, so getting more news in just a few days will make up for it with a larger dump of new info, and also CoroCoro promising more big stuff as well means we'll have a good amount of new info to keep this section alive for a while.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Does anyone still remember the vehicle concept art that seemed to hint a "rescue" mission? I'm surprised that the role those play haven't been mentioned.

Years
I... actually either completely forgot about that or didn't even know about it. oO Would you mind re-posting it just to remind people? I assume others have forgotten about it as well, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CF_m4cPs2g
Skip to 1:40 (they don't show up at that exact time, but it's close, plus gives you time to prepare your eyes). Try to slow down the video too, as they go by fast. It's some of the stuff that Masuda is looking at.

Years
You mean this? :o

d8I1saJ.png

That's... certainly very interesting. I wonder if it is some sort of rescue mission or perhaps some other mission we'll have to go through on our journey?

Also noteworthy to point out that vehicles themselves haven't played a large role in Pokemon games before (at least, prior to Unova where you could ride one as kind of a taxi), so it'd be nice to see how they would function, here.

Yup, that one.

Hmm, interestingly we also don't know what that building with the horsea fountains is, especially since gyms are gone, and trial challenges seem to take place outdoors...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Maybe it's an aquarium? I feel like that's as good a conclusion to come to as any now that we now gyms are gone.

Although, is it possible that they might include sort of "pseudo" gyms like the fighting dojo in Saffron City? Beating them won't be necessary to further the plot and they might just not have a league attached to them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Taking Rivvon's post into consideration here, there's something to be said about the Pokemon being Sun & Moon's "selling points", here. I have to consider really hard whether or not this means the other features of Sun & Moon aren't as important as the Pokemon themselves, or whether this is intentional and they just want to keep the features secret for whatever other reason. I mean, it would be concerning to a large degree if the other features of Sun & Moon aren't what we expected them to be, sure, but... I dunno, in this case, I'm very careful about seeing this with a glass half empty perspective. We're two months away from release and we still have no new information about Lillie, nothing about Guzma or Plumeria's background, nothing about the Rotom-Dex, heck nothing about the region itself... does that automatically imply that these characters (or areas), despite being introduced quite a while back (more recently for the evil team leaders), aren't necessarily as much of a selling point as the Pokemon themselves?

I'm willing to go as far as to say that TPC is just trying for a different marketing tactic. Perhaps we're having a Pokedex so massive that all they can fit in their advertising is a buttload of Pokemon per reveal. This seems silly, but it's a guess, nonetheless. There's also the perspective to consider that just because something isn't sharing a spotlight with something else, doesn't mean it'll end up disappointing.
I will say that even with gen 5, where the focus was clearly on the story, not a lot of details were divulged about it beforehand. I think the story is never considered a large "selling point" with Pokémon games because that's something more appreciated by the older audience while they want to showcase things that appeal to a broader audience (the Pokémon themselves, for instance, would appeal to young and old players). Not to mention that out of all the things to reveal beforehand, the story is probably the worst because that's what most people don't want spoiled, not just in video games but in media overall. Which is why if we don't get any more info on Lillie or Guzma or whoever else I wouldn't be all that surprised (Lysandre wasn't even shown before XY's release).

But I see features/facilities as something that would also appeal to a larger audience, since anyone playing should theoretically be able to pick up and play the thing in question and understand what's going on. Like, ORAS did reveal that we would be getting "upgraded forms" of Contests and Secret Bases before release, because they're features they think fans would like to know existed and would take advantage of upon release. They want to know what they can look forward to doing with all their new Pokémon that are being revealed aside from battling in the story that could be either good or bad at this point.

They very well could be taking a different marketing approach than before but considering ORAS showed us the extent of its features before release I'd like to see something just so I know what I can expect. I just don't want it to turn out like ORAS where I went in thinking they were keeping the Battle Frontier a surprise and then... surprise! There's nothing at all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Though I am curious Rivvon, with feature-rich games, were they even promoted at all pre-release? I'm thinking more like B2W2-esque; I don't remember Join Avenue nor the Pokemon World Tournament being a thing that was paraded around by TPC, was it, or am I wrong on that?

I vaguely remember Join Avenue being mentioned, but to be honest I don't even remember if they brought up the PWT. I've seen images on Bulbagarden Archives that are classified as pre-release images of the PWT, but... With gen 5 it's hard to remember since the releases weren't simultaneous worldwide, so maybe TPCi showed different things than TPC? I think the Black Tower and White Treehollow were shown pre-release, though, along with Benga.

And this was super long ago so maybe my inner timeline is messed up but I remember Corocoro scans showing the Sinnoh Battle Frontier and at least some of its associated NPCs before Platinum's launch.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I certainly remember the PWT appearing in a corocoro scan before BW2's release, because I can clearly remember my hype levels going through the roof at that point. At that time I believe Corocoro was one of the only sources for info on the new games, so they didn't talk about it a whole lot, but it was there. And I agree, I really want to know if there's a Battle Frontier or PWT or SOME kind of battle facility I can participate in once I beat the game. I don't want another XY/ORAS where I beat the game and get excited for Post Game content and then it's like "cool go play online now". Like, Gen 6 kind of made up for it by making IV breeding and EV training so easy, so much of my time was spent on breeding Pokemon of all kinds from the 700 we had, but now that I got most of it out of the way, now I need more. I need a place to test these Pokemon I've trained, and not just online.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I don't recall them mentioning the Pt BF reappearing in HgSs.

But they had other things to reveal instead, such as the return of the Suicune and Eusine sub-plot, the Pokéwalker, and the Pokéathlon. If any given game(s) include a lot of features, at that point it's reasonable to think they wouldn't all be shown pre-release.

Years
But they had other things to reveal instead, such as the return of the Suicune and Eusine sub-plot, the Pokéwalker, and the Pokéathlon. If any given game(s) include a lot of features, at that point it's reasonable to think they wouldn't all be shown pre-release.
I hope it's a similar case this time.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Coro Coro will reveal Rockruff secret evolution One weak later .
So What if September 6th New somehow connected to this.
What if ,
September 6th News reveal the Middle-stage evolution of Alola starter! Then Coro Coro reveal Rockruff secret evolution which happen to be connect to Starters Pokemon's evolution.

Back