• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Survival Challenge (T)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I recently read about Nuzlockes and got this idea from that.

Plot
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

The Island
Spoiler:

Entry Form
Spoiler:

Interacting with other players or NPCs
Spoiler:

Current GM(s)
Spoiler:

GM main characters
Spoiler:

NPCs

Concelo
Spoiler:

Currently obtainable wild pokemon
Spoiler:

The game has begun. At this point I'm only going to keep six spots open (one left at the moment), this may change as the RP continues.

Accepted List

Greiger (Aron Ultmos)
Tuxedo Clank (Tyrus)
Koyan (Cian)
Megaman (Mark Wilson)
Iwasapony25 (Capri)

Okay we have a spot that has recently become available guys so feel free to reserve it or post your SU. We only have one female character at the moment so another one would be great although anyone characters would be a welcome addition.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Set me up with a reservation if you will! This is a different take on Nuzlockes, and I like it! Just tweaking an idea and getting a original rp out of it. I don't think I've seen an RP like this in the corner so I would be happy to participate! I can get in a SU today since I have nothing really special going on. Anyway, great idea for a rp.

Edit: Well, here is my SU. This will be challenging but I hope to overcome it!

Name: Aron Ultmos
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Aron is a trainer that enjoys one thing more than anything else in the world, training. He has always wanted to be the strongest in the world and to become champion in at least one region. Even though that hasn't happened yet Aron is determined to fulfill his life's dream and so has mainly stuck to using only six pokemon he has caught. Every day he wakes up at the crack of dawn and releases his pokemon so that they can train in the morning and once more has them train right before bed. Aron knows the training is very tough since he himself also does his own training consisting of physical activity. Throughout the day if they do not meet up with other trainers on the road Aron will have his pokemon participate in mock battles against each other to keep them occupied.

During the few times he does get into a town to heal up his pokemon he will let them have a free day where they will not have to participate in training but can run around and just have fun however they see fit. Despite whatever training he puts them through Aron always makes sure that his pokemon know why he makes them train so much. Despite the sometimes harsh exercises he has them perform he makes sure that his pokemon are always well fed and at peak condition and more importantly are happy. He has heard many stories of unhappy pokemon not obeying their trainers and does not want all of his hard work to be brushed away simply because he pushed his pokemon too far.

When Aron interacts with other trainers he will show respect depending on how strong their pokemon are. If the trainer has been doing their best in raising their pokemon and making them stronger then Aron will be more friendly toward them. If they instead just show their pokmeon love and can't train their pokemon effectively then he simply ignores them.

Team (Pokemon, abilities, moves):
(Meter) Marowak ♂ - Rock Head
Bonemerang, Bone Rush, Earthquake, Ice Beam

(Quintus) Alakazam ♂ - Snychronize
Future Sight, Calm Mind, Thunder Wave, Psychic

(Saul) Blaziken ♂ - Blaze
Blaze Kick, Bulk Up, Flare Blitz, Solarbeam

(Aquos) Golduck ♂ - Cloud Nine
Hydro Pump, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Blizzard

(Bruce) Machamp ♂ - Guts
Cross Chop, Poison Jab, Bulldoze, Seismic Toss

(Terra) Garchomp ♂ - Sand Veil
Dragon Rush, Crunch, Brick Break, Protect

A summary of how they spent their preparation day: Aron prepared his team by having them exercise like they always did, simply practicing their attacks on the land but this time he didn't let them perform mock battles since there would be no pokemon centers around here and if any of them were seriously injured then that would put him at a great disadvantage already.

Other useful info: Aron first started his journey in Hoenn with his starter Saul. Even before he received Saul Aron already had a competitive attitude and right from the beginning had Saul training non stop to quickly evolve him into a Combusken. As the two traveled around Hoenn Aron's party grew and although he gave it his best he did not get through the Hoenn league and lost in the second round. Still, he traveled to other regions and picked up two more team members to give his team a greater balance.

When he was invited to the tournament Aron had no idea about the rules, but seeing as he can't get back to the main land he instead wants to win and will do all that he can to win and strengthen his team.

Last edited:
Years
Oh man. I'm already in 4 roleplays on this site alone. I'm tempted to sacrifice more of my personal life for this. Oh man. Oh man. I don't know, I don't know.

Years
Grieger: That's very detailed but your spoiler didn't work for me :/. Your definitely in and I'm looking forward to what you can offer.

Baloth: Just let me know. Since you have a lot of experience with this how many people do you think I should let in before starting the IC?

In general: As embarrassing as this is I completely forgot to put in my own first day summary so I'll post it below

Zayne spend his day of preparation gathering useful items (berries, herbs and water) and finding a safe location to serve as his camp (he settled on a small cave in the forest). With the little time he had left before it was to dark for anything he observed any near by trainers.

I'm glad that you guys like the RP idea.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well, since this is your first rp I say limit it to the maximum of at least six sign ups. Speaking from experience, the posting goes much faster when there are less people and also you won't have to keep track of an endless amount of characters and constantly updating events for them. Start at capping the sign ups at six and once you feel more comfortable with GMing and you feel you can keep track of more people open up some more slots. Also, wouldn't hurt to advertise your rp on the discussion board to let more people know about it.

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
I have been playing nuzlockes for awhile now, and this seems like it could be very interesting. I'd like to reserve a slot as well, I am headed to work, but I can have my SU done later today when I get back.

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
I only finished my first Nuzlocke last week (Leaf Green and already started again (final team on soul silver atm)). Whilst I was playing I was wondering how well it would translate into a RP and hey presto, someone is already there.

Will do my SU tomorrow while I have some code running tests and in between dismantling a broken PC.

Edit: Quick question: Can the people speak pokemonese or whatever you wanna call it? Can we talk with our pokemon?

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Due to a bug in my code, I was unable to sort out the SU completely. I am about half way through it but it probably won't be up till tomorrow, sorry.

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Name: Tyrus
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

Team (Pokemon, abilities, moves):
Spoiler:

A summary of how they spent their preparation day:
Spoiler:

Other useful info:
Spoiler:

Years
Sounds interesting. Another Lucario on the island might be entertaining also XD

We might almost have enough people to get started once ytfel has done his SU and if Baloth decides to take part.

As a side note: Would you prefer this game if I decided to take out friendly NPC characters and just keep evil NPCs for the sake of the story line? Less trainers would make the evil motives less plausible though.

Tuxedo Clank

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Glad you accept my SU it was a bit rushed. My SU team is based on my Nuzlocke team. I transfered them to SoulSilver and somehow ended up with a Lucario taking the final place on the team. I left my Gyarados off because I felt it would work best with a spare space.

Evil or Good Characters is your choice. Whatever you feel makes life easier for you and provides a nice RP.

Years
Well interaction with NPC's is mostly up to you. I just figured that we don't want the RP to take 5 minutes because we all take each other out. I thought maybe it would be best if we aimed to eliminate NPC characters before each other.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
I'm in, just let me get home to write it. My character can be "Evil" if it is needed, although his motivation may be different than a normal "Evil" trainer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back