• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Favorite Challenge III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
646-white.gif
The Favorite Challenge
646-black.gif

548.gif

Before Starting...
I suggest going to Serebii's Pokedex so you can see a list of Pokemon for each type. You will need to make a list of your favorite 6 Pokemon from each type, even the types you don't like. Have it typed up or written down somewhere. You're not required to post this list, but if you really want to, please put it in spoiler tags. The reason for this is so people that have relatively weak favorites (like NFE Pokemon) don't get completely screwed by the person assigning their team. Likewise, it can help prevent you from getting stuck with a lot of legendaries, but there's a new rule for that we'll get into later.

Once you make your list, then you're good to sign up. The next person to sign up will choose 6 types (so teams of 6 are required for this challenge). Let's say they pick Rock, Bug, Fire, Dragon, Dark, and Ghost. You would have to use your 1st fave rock, 2nd fave bug, 3rd fave fire, etc. Get me? ;)

Original concept by Master Strife.

The Rules...
1. Cheating/hacking in certain Pokemon is allowed only if necessary (events or inability to trade). Pokemon that are in your regional dex may not be hacked/traded in unless they are only obtainable past the 3rd gym and you haven't traded/hacked in another Pokemon that's not in your regional dex.
2. Trading is allowed for all Pokemon, including for eggs, unless they can be caught in your game.
3. Please don't lie about your favorites in your list for those of you not posting it.
4. HM slaves are allowed.
5. Emulators are allowed.
6. Although this challenge is listed as B2W2, since BW are still in the same region and all 649 Pokemon are in both these games, you can play on any of those four. However, it's recommended to use B2W2 instead since there is more diversity with Pokemon.
7. New! After your team is assigned, if you end up with more than one legendary, you must choose which one to keep and the other must be discarded in favor of any other Pokemon from that type that's on your list.
8. A Pokemon can be listed as a favorite for more than one type. (ex. Whiscash can be a favorite Water and Ground). However, this runs the risk of using two of the same Pokemon, so be careful when making your list.
9. If you end up with a Pokemon that's not fully evolved, you must keep it that way. That NFE Pokemon is what's in your favorites, not the evolution (in some cases).
10. Challenge ends after defeating Iris/Alder.

If you have any questions, please VM me. If you post in here, there's no guarantee I will see it immediately!

The Alternate Challenge...
If you do not have the ability to obtain Pokemon not within your game (or would prefer this method entirely), list only 1 Pokemon per type (must be available in your game of course). With this method, you run a higher risk of using two of the same Pokemon, so be wary. When your types are assigned, you'll just go with the first and only thing you have listed for that type.

The Forme Factor...
Some Pokemon change type upon form, and others don't. When making your list, please do not list specific forms. If you meet a certain criteria, you will be allowed to change forms.

List of form changes and rules for those:
Spoiler:

Sign-up Format...
User: Sydian
Game: Black 2 (Japanese)
Favorites:
Spoiler:

Champions...
Blackbelts
Spoiler:

White Wings
Spoiler:

Please VM/PM me with the link to your final update when you finish! Cause I suck at keeping up with all of you. :D

Last edited:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Hmm well this might make up for not finish the Challenge bowl...dang it flu why did you screw me over lol anyway

Name: TrollShammy80
Game: White 2

Favorites to Sydian's Challenge:
1-Poison
2-Dragon
3-Grass
4-Water
5-Electric
6-Flying

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You don't list your favorite types, lol. You need to make a list of six of your favorite Pokemon for each type. You don't have to post that list though. You have to assign my six types though. Or is that what you were doing? I couldn't really tell, lol. :(

TrollShammy80

Years
sorry I hit the "button" to soon those are you Sydian Good luck...now plz give me 6 types to run with *feels the pressure*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Alright, so that gives me...

089.gif
635.gif
189.gif
350.gif
405.gif
277.gif

This isn't too terrible, though I'm not thrilled about Muk, as I'm using one in Black 2 at the moment, so it feels a bit redundant, but that's alright. I put him in the first slot for a reason, cause he's awesome. Although that's a dark looking color scheme I've got going on, haha. I had Jumpluff during the first thread of this challenge though when it was for HGSS and UGH it was a pain. Let's hope gen V has improved it, yeah?

Shammy, you get Normal, Fighting, Bug, Water, Ghost, and Ground. Enjoy. :)

Oh, and just to clarify, anyone can assign types. It doesn't matter what order you post or if you've given types to someone already. As long as you're participating in the challenge and someone needs types, you are free to assign them.

Edit: Would anyone be opposed to me RNGing my Hoppip? I only want it to be shiny, so I won't be going for flawless IVs or anything crazy. I just need something bright and pink (shiny Jumpluff is super pink) but if anyone has a problem with that, then I'll just go with a non-shiny.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you don't have a way of getting Giratina, you can swap it for any other Ghost in your list. Good luck to you too. :)

TrollShammy80

Years
If you don't have a way of getting Giratina, you can swap it for any other Ghost in your list. Good luck to you too. :)

well I'll just clone my level 1 giratina from the Arceus Movie Event *slaps hand* I shouldn't do that i know and trade it over from my White Version I just randomized my team I don't really have super favorites I like all Pokemon just about equally I hope that's ok

Charky-101
Bug
Grass
Ice
Fire
Flying
Electric

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
well I'll just clone my level 1 giratina from the Arceus Movie Event *slaps hand* I shouldn't do that i know and trade it over from my White Version I just randomized my team I don't really have super favorites I like all Pokemon just about equally I hope that's ok

That's fine then. Cloning isn't bad, haha. I'm fine with whatever you have to do to get your Pokemon, as long as they're normal and not like 999 in each stat.

TrollShammy80

Years
That's fine then. Cloning isn't bad, haha. I'm fine with whatever you have to do to get your Pokemon, as long as they're normal and not like 999 in each stat.

Lol i'd never ever do that

Update 1-
Picked up Tepig (Mephiss)
Beat Hugh and listened to Bianca's blah blah about stuffs
Headed to Route 19 to Floccesy City and met, Alder and now training on route 20
Up to Ranch and took out Hugh again and rescued Herdier from Team Plasma
Headed back to home city and took on Cheren, Mephiss and I struggled but won
Stored Giratina away for awhile since it won's listen for awhile and holding an Egg thank you Xavi for breeding me a Togepi, egg

Team:

498.gif
Mephiss the Quirky Tepig
487_o.gif
Shadow the Hardy Giratina

Attachments

• Teamupdate1typechallenge.png
    Teamupdate1typechallenge.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I prefer we not use hacks. ;( Is it a hack or is it just one of those patches that make all 649 Pokemon appear?

TrollShammy80

Years
I might have to get a different water type since Slowbro comes from the dream radar only and i dont' own one in white at all, unless i gen it which i guess is ok

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gen meaning Pokegen? That's fine. The rules say cheating, hacking, or trading is fine. ...With that in mind then, I guess no one will care if I RNG a Hoppip for my team since I want a pink Jumpluff lol. But yeah, I want people to be able to use what they really like, and if that means having to be naughty to get it, then it's fine.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Okay, yeah those patches are fine then haha. I just don't want people using hacks and playing completely different games. But patches that add all the Pokemon to the game are totally fine with me. :)

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Name : -ty-
Game: Black
Favorites:
Spoiler:
Thanks, Syd, I haven't used Altaria in forever!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We share our first favorite Flying type, ty. :D Anyway...you can go with Flying (I'm blessing you!), Bug, Fire, Rock, Poison, and Psychic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back