• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Connectivity Features Speculation

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
This is what I'm hoping for:
Optional Co-Op multiplayer where you'd double battle with your friend as a partner, either local or over wifi with friends you've registered. And they could even include voice chat which was implemented in WiFi battles already. You'd also be able to interact with your friends by trading, battling, etc. wherever you choose in the region.

I really really hope this is a thing. It's about time for Nintendo to introduce TRUE interactivity between players. I can't remember the last time I traded a Pokemon with one of my friends, but we all play it. I wonder why! Give us a reason to play together and turn Pokemon back into the reason you snuck your gameboy to school!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
This is what I'm hoping for:
Optional Co-Op multiplayer where you'd double battle with your friend as a partner, either local or over wifi with friends you've registered. And they could even include voice chat which was implemented in WiFi battles already. You'd also be able to interact with your friends by trading, battling, etc. wherever you choose in the region.

I really really hope this is a thing. It's about time for Nintendo to introduce TRUE interactivity between players. I can't remember the last time I traded a Pokemon with one of my friends, but we all play it. I wonder why! Give us a reason to play together and turn Pokemon back into the reason you snuck your gameboy to school!
You mean GF, Nintendo doesn't make the games remember.

Anyways I'll like to see this too, it could be like an expansion of the missions from B2W2 only more intergrated.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2013
Not that I am against multi-player, but I really don't want to see Pokemon turn into a damn co-op game... Pokemon to me has always been a singe player game and that's what it should stay as.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be amazing to see your friends being able to walk around in the new region that would be in Pokémon X and Y. Just imagine them walking around when they're online if you've connected yourself to Nintendo Network, players from anywhere in the world that are on your friend list would be walking around in the game at the same time as you, and you'd be able to see them walk into the same Route or Town as you and even you could send short messages that would appear similar to that of what is seen in Castelia City streets with the non-playable characters. And pressing A in front of your friend would bring up a menu and you could select either Battle, Trade, Tag or Minigame (if they will be in the game).

Just imagine something like that, now that surely would be a huge step towards connecting to people from all over the world. ^^

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
I'd love this. Hope the people who make the Pokemon games catch on to what the fans would enjoy. :)

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
It would be amazing to see your friends being able to walk around in the new region that would be in Pokémon X and Y. Just imagine them walking around when they're online if you've connected yourself to Nintendo Network, players from anywhere in the world that are on your friend list would be walking around in the game at the same time as you, and you'd be able to see them walk into the same Route or Town as you and even you could send short messages that would appear similar to that of what is seen in Castelia City streets with the non-playable characters. And pressing A in front of your friend would bring up a menu and you could select either Battle, Trade, Tag or Minigame (if they will be in the game).

Just imagine something like that, now that surely would be a huge step towards connecting to people from all over the world. ^^

As much as I doubt that would happen, yet, I would fall in love with the games and that would make them take the title of being my most played games to date.

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
wifi drop out rules?

we all hate it some of us do it and some of us have bad connections. i dont. idont even battle online i get so freakin mad battling online i lose fine ill bite it i win oh that guy drops! lets not forget the ever popular team everyone has terakion sneasal and braviary or some bird and dragons and whatnot but what im getting at is they need to institute some basic guidelines dont you guys think? what do you guys hope they do for dropouts? also you guys agree on them separating the online into perhaps different cups say petite cup? are you guys gonna battle online in the new game?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I would love a feature where you could randomly enter rooms over wifi that can hold 10 people each....and then you can talk, befriend, battle, trade pokemon, trade items, mix eggs, mix records and play mini games together with the people who get placed in the room.

Or better yet, be able to set up communities (or "guilds" to use a mmo term) with other players so you can have a room (with the features mentioned above) for your community that every member can just drop in and out of whenever they want. It would be nice to have a space to meet over wifi that was actually a personal space that your members could decorate. So I suppose it would be like the secret bases in the 3rd gen mixed with the wifi rooms in newer games.

Instead of talking to a clerk at a pokecentre it could be a building that when you knock on the door it connects you to wifi and inside you have your personal community secret base where you can all interact.

Being able to set up Community secret base/wifi rooms would be really cool. I could see it happening too, communities seem to be the buzzword for Nintendo recently.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Not that I am against multi-player, but I really don't want to see Pokemon turn into a damn co-op game... Pokemon to me has always been a singe player game and that's what it should stay as.

Always been single player.. Except you literally can't complete any Pokemon game without trading with others.

I think it's safe to say any co-op elements would be an option. Pokemon main series games will never be an mmorpg or anything like that.

demonta4

President of Demonta Games
Years
Online Features Speculation

What new online features would you like to see in Pokemon X and Y.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
The Connectivity Features Speculation thread should cover this nicely, so off you go.

I think if there's any new online features I'd like to see, it would be the ability to have more Wi-Fi capability with side features a la Contests, Secret Bases, etc. Then again, are contests and secret bases going to be in the game? We don't know yet. My point still stands though in terms of other smaller features that already have wireless connection, but could work better with more online or Wi-Fi connections.

demonta4

President of Demonta Games
Years
I think it would be cool if i could go into my friends game and help battle gym leaders or give them items.

Back