• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Version are you getting

Are you getting Pokemon X or Y

• Pokemon Y

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Pokemon X

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Both

Votes: 24 22.2%

• Total voters

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I preordered both games, so I know I'm getting the two. Have not decided which one I'll play first. I'm hoping the Pokemon I want [Litleo, Helioptile, Chespin] are catchable in both games. Legendary and Mega-Evo won't apply to me, so doesn't matter which version I'll start in. Depends on the version exclusives for the rest of the team..

PeskyJoltik

EPICLY HAPPY
Years
I cant really decide! If i choose Pokemon X, then i will miss the Mega Evolution of Charizard, and if I get Y, still the same! I cant darn choose! Both Mega Evolutions are Epic, but I can only choose 1 version! But i much like the Pokemon Y Mega Evolution of Charizard.. I really cant decide! Or... or... nah! This is a really really hard choice to make!

Years
I'll be getting Pokémon X while my brother receives Pokémon Y; at first I did want Y for Yveltal, but I started to lighten up to Xerneas surprisingly late with my obsession over (rein)deers. There was also the gene reference my brother liked to follow and X would match my 3DS.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
I'm incredibly torn even now, I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, which was why I was originally planning on getting Y, but since they announced MegaMewtwo X and MegaCharizard X I've been incredibly torn. I really need help with this!

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
Pokemon Y. Even though I prefer clauncher to its counterpart, the counterpart's evolution does look INSANELY epic (the seahorse pokemon). I also like Yveltal a lot more.

Also prefer MCharizard Y and MMewtwo Y. Although I'd be lying MCharizard X does look freaking bad ass.. Then again, MCharizard X is party dragon, which with the new addition of the fairy type is underwhelming compared to MCharizard Y ;P

I'm quite surprised by the vote results atm. I thought like 90% of the people would be going for Pokemon X simply 'cuz MCharizard X xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
I'm incredibly torn even now, I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, which was why I was originally planning on getting Y, but since they announced MegaMewtwo X and MegaCharizard X I've been incredibly torn. I really need help with this!

I feel you. I love yveltal but I need that mega charizard x. so I think ill self trade using the gts and I'll get both games.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Surprised that so many people are getting Y: almost everybody I know in real life is getting X (including me!).

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Both, koff~

And with that Pokemon Bank, nothing will be beyond my reach. I just hope we can transfer items to the thing. Oh well. With this game there is no choice for me. Both. Both is good, koffi~

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
Years
I really wanted to just get Y. But then, when I was about to check out on Amazon, I noticed that I also had X in my cart. I meant to delete it, but I was somehow compelled to click the Complete Order button instead. Once it went through, I thought, "Well, it's out of my hands now. There's nothing I can do about it."

So now I'm getting both. Y is going to be my main version, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
X! I don't remember why but there was probably something I liked the look of in it haha. Kind of regret it because I adore Skrelp's evolution and they're exclusive to Y, but I'm sure X has some cool stuff too. Not a big fan of Clauncher's line but Swirlix is a cutie and Xerneas is pretty so I'm happy enough - I'll just get my boyfriend with Y to trade over a Skrelp for my time.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I've pre-ordered Y. Yveltal and Xerneas are both amazing but I prefer the exclusives to Y - I actually much prefer MegaMewtwo Y and MegaCharizard Y to their X twins. Admittedly I made the decision before Spritzee's evolution turned out to be rubbish but alas, I am cursed to never cancel a pre-order!

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
Years
I'm getting X since my friends are getting Y so we'll be able to trade over exclusives. Plus Charizard X and Mewtwo X looks better. That and I also go with the first version of every generation (Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, HeartGold, Black).

Sirfetch’d

I decided to go with X version! Both are great however, I just really prefer Xerneas because of how beautiful it is. I do kinda hate that Skrelp won't appear in X, but I'll just get someone to trade me one for a Clauncher. I'll probably end up getting Y sometime shorty after anyways.

Back