• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
In my old project for a Pokemon game project, I had 10 Gyms:

Dark, Grass, Ground, Dragon, Ghost, Electric, Ice, Flying, Fire, Poison.

Dark needs a gym, since it hasn't had one yet. Ground, Dragon and Poison need more gyms. :#

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
Screw breaking tradition... smash it! Maybe they'll start some non-type based gyms. Example, start off with a 'cute' gym, using only cute/baby Pokemon? I don't know, just a passing thought.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
Screw breaking tradition... smash it! Maybe they'll start some non-type based gyms. Example, start off with a 'cute' gym, using only cute/baby Pokemon? I don't know, just a passing thought.

interesting idea. Maybe have the elite four with the four legendary whatevers. I'd love a cute gym, or a 'scary gym'. If we have to go for types - another poison would be cool. I love the poison type.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
All I want is a deep and more adult storyline, catch all 580 odd pokemon as it will be and defeat the Elite 4 is getting old now. Lets have those as side quests and have something really interesting and mythical. I want something to make me think.

Also an online Pokemon League would be good, officially held by nintendo every few months. Its got to be possible.

The character customisation ideas sounds good, however i feel picking a start town would be way too difficult to script as every town would have to have a start script, however more than 3 pokemon to choose from, or even the prof gives you a pokeball and you catch your first pokemon on your own in a safari zone like area.

Yeah, the story lines are horrible they are all the same only new pokemon. They have small side-quest differences but that is about it. The online Poke League would be an awesome Idea, only what about hackers? Character customization would be cool, but very hard to program for GBA or NDS.. They do need a new way to get starters, something really cool.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Gym Combonations
Bug,Fire,Rock,Poison,Dark,Water,Electric,and Psychic

Water,Fighting,Grass,Electric,Ghost,Ground, Steel, and Flying

Elite Four Combonations
(They Should call it Poke league)

Steel,Grass,Fighting,Dragon,Mixed(Champion)

Flying,Dark,Poison,Ice,Mixed(Champion)

Electric,Fire,Psychic, Dragon,Mixed(Champion)

goldwave9

Arcross Blaze
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 19, 2009
Alright, the deal with character customization is that the manga and anime would sort of fall apart (Brock, Misty, May, Dawn, Red, Blue, Green, etc...).
There should also be a good non-DS game that has a good storyline and awesome Wi-fi capabilities.
A battle frontier with like 10 symbols
A darker storyline
Pokes following you around would be awesome
Like a desert area, tundra, swamp, sahara, canyon, ...THE MOON
Like skis you can buy or a skateboard/scoooter/bike/skates each with like different effects. Maybe clothes for like an icy area or desert area
The ability to ride on a pokemon (Doduo from pokemon ranger)
They should have diving back
A serious rival like silver
Something like shiny pokemon or the pokerus but different
To travel to different regions but like with levels up to 90
Better evil organizations
More fossil pokemon since there have to be like 100s that are extinct not just 2
pokemon contests with a battle portion like in anime
Tougher elite 4 and events after elite 4
gasp gasp....that's all I have to say XD

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Starters Speculation:

I'll start of by listing out the starters that currently exist and any observations pattern-wise:

Kanto-
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle

Johto-
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Tododile

Hoenn-
Treeko
Torchic
Mudkip

Sinnoh-
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup

I have noticed how all the regions have at least one reptilian-based starter. All the starters of Kanto where based on some sort of reptile (Bulbasaur was based of a dinosaur, Charmander was a Lizard/Dragon {I know Dragons are fiction, but they seem to be Reptilian), and Squirtle was a turtle.)
Johto Had 2 Reptilemons... Chikorita was a Dinosaur like Bulba was. and Tododile was a Crocodile (Or Alligator? both are reptiles).
Hoenn and Sinnoh both had one. The Grass Starters, Treeko (Gecko) and Turtwig (Turtle) respectively.
ALL GRASS STAERTERS SO FAR HAVE BEEN REPTILIAN.

Next, following the Fire Starters-
Like I said before, Charmander is based of a Lizard or Dragon. (Both are reptiles {Yes, I know Dragons are fictional, but you can say they're Reptilian)
Cyndaquill, Johto's Fire Starter, appears to be mammalian (I think he's supposed to be an Echidna)
Torchic was a baby chicken. Chicken=Bird.
Chimchar, like Cyndaquill was also Mammalian, this time, based of a monkey.
REPTILE-MAMMAL-BIRD-MAMMAL

Finally, the Water starters-
As I said, Squirtle is a Turtle, and is Reptilian.
Like I mentioned before as well, Tododile is based on either an alligator or a crocodile, both of which are reptiles
next is Mudkip.... I have no idea what the hell he's supposed to be.
And Lastly, Piplup. He's a Penguin, which is a bird.
REPTILE-REPTILE-something amphibious-BIRD

~~

I think it's safe to assume that the grass starter will once again be reptilian.
HOWEVER. The Torchic-Piplup thing also sets it up to be some kind of flightless bird.
So I dunno. Maybe an Emu =/ (Lol, an Emu)

As for the Fire starter:
It CAN'T be an Amphibian since it's Fire-type.
I say it's gonna be Reptilian. Dunno why. Though, a Fryger would be pretty cool. =3
Meh.

And the Water Starter:
I dunno... Probably an amphibian... like a Frog?

Meh. I dunno. =/

Sweet Speed

Smile...
Years
How about if they have all 12 starters up for choice at the beginning, that would be useful and very cool. Also I kinda want Pokemon to be on the PSP, It'll have better graphics wont it?

Walrein

Banned
Years
There should be a Freeze-move. Freeze is just as cheap as Sleep, so I think it's perfectly valid to make one.
I so so agree. It should be called Frostbite.
---
Weather, expecially snow coverage and sea ice, depending on the actual date, as we have pokemon limited to real-time night now. Outfits should also change, as well as the location and finding of pokemon.
Did I mention sea ice? Yes, iceberg with possibility to "ride" on them, just not as a reliable transportation method, just for the realistic niche.
I want the next region to be based upon the Sakhalin island-lots of Ice-types!
Abilities: We need an Ice-version of Water/Volt Absorb, as well as a non-Uber pokemon with Drizzle and Drought. And of course, new traits for pokemon representing the four seasons, as I'm about to mention.
New pokemon: Four beings representing the four seasons, each can be caught only according to the real season (and if you live in the northern or southern hemisphere).
1) First, my love, the winter-Ice/Ghost, the Subzero pokemon, having the Moister Cloak trait, giving it immunity to both Water and Ice (it doesn't make much sense that Winter itself should be harmed by Blizzards, isn't it?). Water-type aspects and a unique move of Rigid Air-making any foe beeing hit by Icy Wind (and losing speed) at the end of each turn.
2) Second, the spring-Grass/Water typing, the Sustenance pokemon, having the blessed Rain trait, making it immune to any disadvantage of any non-Rain weather effect, making it immune to Hail and Sandstorm damage, giving it 100% powered Water-type moves in Sun, and even healing 1/2 HP by Synthesis, Morning Sun and Moonlight, while still retaining an inability to freeze in Sun. Psychic-type aspects and a unique move of Fragrance Wind-a Grass-type version of Ominous Wind/Silver Wind/Anceintpower, just with 100BP and 10-16PP.
3) Third , the summer-Water/Fire typing, the Monsoon pokemon, having the Humidity trait-both Fire and Water-type moves used by this pokemon will have 150% power in both Rain and Sun. Electric-type aspects and a unique move of Cloudcry-100BP, 10-16PP, and cases permenant rain right after striking.
4) Fourth, the autumn-Steel/Grass typing, the preparedness pokemon, having the Wind Blow trait, doubling the power of all wind-based moves, such as Icy Wind and Ominous Wind, as well as preventing Tailwind from ending as long as this pokemon remains in battles, and reciving 50% less damage from Flying-type moves. Ground-type aspects and a unique move of Ending Wind-100BP, 10-16PP, and also forces a random switch-out just like Roar.
I also want an Ice/Dragon, Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon trio, all with Levitate. A Glalie evolution with Ice/Dark typing would do great, as well as a Jynx evolution. A Delibird evolution just needs to happen. Id'e also like an Ice/Steel pokemon with Levitate, as well as a Ghost/Psychic Levitating angel pokemon. A Levitating Ghost/Steel would be a monsterous defensive type combination. Also, more Grass/Ice and Ice/Ghost. Froslass and Abomasnow are so great! And of course-an Ice/Electric Levitating storm cloud pokemon. I really like Levitate for some reason...
New Moves: Besides the instant Freezing move already mentioned, Id'e like to see ElectroKick, as well as Frost Tail and "just" Frost, beeing an Ice-type version of Stealth Rock.
I really like this thread...keep going!

Last edited:

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
Years
HM Moves That Stay/Go

For HM moves for next generation, I personally think that Cut, Fly, Surf, and maybe Strength will most likely stay as they are pretty much standard for the games. I can't see Defog staying for the next gen games, and I'm kind of iffy about Rock Smash and Waterfall.

I'm kind of leaning towards Waterfall still being an HM next gen, and possibly Rock Smash too but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Years
I got through the game without defog and only found it after doing the E4 in D/P, so it is quite useless.

Surf and Fly will definately be in there for obvious reasons. They dont change it much every gen so I think Strength, Rock Smash, Cut and Waterfall will stay.

Rock Climb and Defog really didnt work, I hope they are replaced with Dig and Flash.

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Multiple Regions and Random Weather
eg: one day it could rain in route 401 the next day it could be sunny, then snow for a week.
A G,S,C remake would be good they are the best game even now.

Not so sure about a ghost/steel type good idea but it wouldn't make sense.

Froslass you're probably going a bit over the top with your Legendaries, they are a bit to powerful, almost invicible they would need to be a bit more balanced. Every Pokemon has a major weakness.

Last edited:
Years
Id like to see them make an hm move that moves boulders and smashes rocks because having strength and rocksmash always seemed rather tedious same thing with surf and waterfall. why can't you just surf up the waterfall or something =/. Thats just me

Gelidice

Larvitar, sky forme!
Years
i'm just waiting for eeveeon, then i'll be content, but a really wimpy magicarp would be cool, you know what, I think i will go make one.

carter756978

Bass Player
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
And an evil team which doesn't suck as much as it's name. Team rocket, suckish name=suckish guys.
Uuuuh, how bout, Omega Death Construct (yes, O.C.D...), coolish name=Scary guys who DON'T train wurmples or suck. Well, ima go do stuff.

Team obsessive compulsive disorder lol wouldnt catch on

Gelidice

Larvitar, sky forme!
Years
well, they do need a new "evil" team, and some way cooler pokemon, man i wonder if nintendo goes to these boards....... they could listen to our suggestions

Walrein

Banned
Years
I want new combo's like Drago-water-elec. and a normal unstoned eeveelution with a new set for that eeveelution and I think it could be called like UMMMM eeveeon?
Both Kingdra and Palkia are Water/Dragon...
---
Id'e the Hail to increase Ice-type's SpD by X1.5, just as Rock-types get a X1.5 SpD boodt in sandstorm. Lol Regice would be an Ice-version of Blissey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back