• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Awesome, glad to have another thread for this. I'm not too far, only at Goldenrod, but I love it.

On another note.. Zel, I've been working on this for a while, I'm not too sure what you'll think about it. If you'd rather me not work on it, because of the secrets it "ruins", I'll abandon it. It only goes up to where I'm at right now (Goldenrod, again), and it's still "Version one", so it's not perfect, but..

*Shrug*

That awesome! I like the banner a lot. Can I use it for my sig?

Edit: Zel's got it made this time 2 threads, 3 walkthroughs, and lots of supporting fans.
Edit 2: and lots of mods. :)

Last edited:

lucario290

#1 Lucario Fan
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
Hey I played this for three days and it is awsome, keep up the good work and i can wait till beta 5 comes out!

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
Years
Finally its back......

@ "ChrisG14" that walkthrough might come in handy...

@ "Zel" hope to see or hear more up coming news about SG and goodluck :)

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
I've been working on this for a while, I'm not too sure what you'll think about it...it's not perfect, but...

*Shrug*

This. Is. Astounding. You made this guide? It's better than any professional Pokemon guide I've ever even heard of.

Yeah, I suggest you take a look at this one, Zel. It's a colorful, professional, screenshot savvy, full-detail powerhouse. In fact, it just might be too good! :)

Whew.

needhexcodehacs

about to beat shiny gold
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2008
yes shiny gold is back cant w8 for the next beta
hey in the cave wher u put the gs ball dont make the stairs so long

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I reread the first post again, I like the idea of the Phone booth. It's an awesome way to include some sort of phone feature without the Pokegear available.
That awesome! I like the banner a lot. Can I use it for my sig?
The site banner? Sure, I guess. ;)
This. Is. Astounding. You made this guide? It's better than any professional Pokemon guide I've ever even heard of.

Yeah, I suggest you take a look at this one, Zel. It's a colorful, professional, screenshot savvy, full-detail powerhouse. In fact, it just might be too good! :)

Whew.
Haha, I'm flattered. It does need some work in my opinion though. :)

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Yay! This hack is back!
You ever do a great job Zel! Keep on!
I love it!

----------------------------------------------------

Yupi! Este hack está de regreso!
Como siempre, un excelente trabajo de Zel! Síguele así!
Esta bien "chido" el hack ;)

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
It's good to see that Shiny Gold is back.
I've been looking at the screenshots, nice sprites/tiles, looks a little different to me. I'm not too fond on the D/P Pokecentres though. Or the Markets but hey I like them still.
Hopefully you'll see this through to the end, this is probably the most advanced hack I've seen on Poke Community so keep on going.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
Wow, back already? The first time I saw the last thread, it was in the hundreds but now my post is in the top 5! Just wanted to say that I love the pallete change except for the three little flowers (two red and one white?). Another thing I was wondering was if you were going to go back and clean up some of the maps and scripts (i.e. Blackthorn gym, Victory Road, First Steps into Kanto).

Great job and keep it up!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Wow, back already? The first time I saw the last thread, it was in the hundreds but now my post is in the top 5! Just wanted to say that I love the pallete change except for the three little flowers (two red and one white?). Another thing I was wondering was if you were going to go back and clean up some of the maps and scripts (i.e. Blackthorn gym, Victory Road, First Steps into Kanto).

Great job and keep it up!
What's wrong with the gym and victory road, I think he did an excellent job on them.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
I reread the first post again, I like the idea of the Phone booth. It's an awesome way to include some sort of phone feature without the Pokegear available.

The site banner? Sure, I guess. ;)

Thanks *goes and puts banner in sig* there now my sig looks better and as an added bonus I included the link to your page!

Last edited:

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
Oh cool, the new thread's up. Now I have a question regarding one I asked months ago.

I recently asked someone who posted on the old thread how they got their Politoed, and they said it was by level up, although you said it evolves by one of the stones, so which is it?

(On a side note, awesome job, I'm loving the game, you pretty much know what else goes in here already)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Let me just say that Shiny Gold was the reason that I got into hacking and PC. But I found a little glitch in the game. If you haven't beaten the Cianwood Gym and come back to the olivine lighthouse and then the gym, Carlos still talks as if you have got the badge the Cianwood Gym.

Yes, there are many "continuity" errors that I haven't thought of, because I'm used to play the game in a specific way, and I haven't prepared a plan for such situations. So, I don't consider them as glitches (though I should add them in my own list of stuff to fix)

Woot, SG is back! New tiles look a little funny, but whatever.

Also, I hope Dirk doesn't mind, but I edited his walkthrough a bit to include some extra locations and other things. I just wanted to help a bit.

I think you should work together with dirk if that's the case (PM him), then tell me what happened in a PM, and I'll update the walkthrough uploaded in my first post.

Awesome, glad to have another thread for this. I'm not too far, only at Goldenrod, but I love it.

On another note.. Zel, I've been working on this for a while, I'm not too sure what you'll think about it. If you'd rather me not work on it, because of the secrets it "ruins", I'll abandon it. It only goes up to where I'm at right now (Goldenrod, again), and it's still "Version one", so it's not perfect, but..

*Shrug*

Yes, I read the walkthrough you did, and I was quite happy to see how you made it ^^ (though that's Noland... not Carlos >.<), I'll also post a link in my Tourist Center to have another, more graphical, option for a walkthrough.

I recently asked someone who posted on the old thread how they got their Politoed, and they said it was by level up, although you said it evolves by one of the stones, so which is it?

Hmmm... With a Sun Stone, most likely... But, at this rate there's people who know this better than me... O.o

No, no, no. he did an AMAZING Job!!! I was just wondering about touch-ups, as he gets better at mapping.

Well, most of my interiors (for caves) will remain as they are, because it's one of the things I'm most proud of. Then, you have the Gym's interiors, where Kike will help me once I start getting busy with my Uni, so there's work on the hack even when I can't be too concentrated on it

I won't be revealing more things all at the same time, besides, I need to implement some of the stuff, and right now I'm more interested on keeping mapping and scripting the story (well, I'm done with Celadon's Outside, now I need to script everything there)

Back