• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What spinoffs do you want with Gen5?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
So, like Mystery Dungeon, Rangers or Even Pinball, or a console game, like Gale of Darkness?

Personally I'd like PMD Pinball and a console version, but maybe Rangers ...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd like a Snap 3D or something! I think the way the 3DS works is just perfect for Pokemon Snap. I think the AR Searcher is actually kinda similar in that you take pictures of Pokemon to capture them though? But still, no items or courses or Oaks so ehhh. Not quite there. I'd also love a Colosseum/XD follow-up.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd like a Snap 3D or something! I think the way the 3DS works is just perfect for Pokemon Snap.
Oh my gosh this would be amazing. x]

I'd love to see a Gen V Pokémon Ranger. Those are my favourite spin-off games other than Rumble, so it'd be wonderful to see an up-to-date version with all the new faces of Unova. Plus I'm really curious as to what certain Pokémon would be used for. It's almost certain that they'd bring in new battle moves, new field moves, etc, so some Pokémon could hopefully gain some really interesting abilities!

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2012
I would kill for a 5th gen Mystery Dungeon! I freakin love the mystery dungeon series. If they came out with a 3ds one, I would buy a 3ds just for it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
An arcade-style fighting game with a lot of customization! Pokemon seems like it would work really well as a fighting game as long as most of the Pokemon stayed relatively balanced in overall power. It would definitely be a fighting game that required more strategy, at least.

Years
What with the Harry Potter books and that Sorcery game for PS3, a witches and wizards sort of game in the Pokemon world's past history would be neat. Wonder if it should Harry Potter the wands though, like with a "yew with a Rapidash core". Spells could be Pokemon attacks and obstacle clearance.

Another spinoff if I'd like to see is a pure Pokerus and would play like an Advance Wars Pikmin cross on a Pokemon flesh battlefield. The type of Pokemon you are on (Jolteon, Slugma, Muk, etc) would have hazards (random sparks, popping gas bubbles, teleports). The Pokerus themselves would be in different colors (how many, not for me to say me thinks), different types (more like the ALIGNMENT idea of Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Heart (LOL), Dark, Light).

Show us what the Pokerus looks like, Game Freak. I'm tired of thinking of the "Welcome to Wal-Mart Smiley Face".

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The only spin-offs I want to see in Gen V are Mystery Dungeon and Ranger. I really loved those games, and I can't help but wonder what their storylines would be should GameFreak choose to make them.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I want another Mystery Dungeon with the same "emotional depth" that the others had before, because they're just so good :) It would be cool to see a Ranger too but I would only really buy it if it had a unique spin to it like riding the Beasts and flying in GS. They already released the spin off Conquest so they might not decide to make another, but it would be cool to see something like Snap as I never played the Original :c

An-san Rebellion, I think it said somewhere that Pokerus isn't actually visible ("microscopic life forms"), and I don't think there would be anything to see because it's not really a sickness as it doesn't harm the Pokemon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
XD/Colosseum sequel. The other spinoffs can go the way of the dinosaurs for all I care. But Colo/XD had a sinister plot, the groovetastic Miror B., and unlike the other spinoffs, didn't forget to include trainers. They're the only spinoffs I would even consider (aside from a Stadium 3-type game, but idk if you'd consider the Stadium series a "spinoff" or not).

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I'd like a Snap 3D or something! I think the way the 3DS works is just perfect for Pokemon Snap. I think the AR Searcher is actually kinda similar in that you take pictures of Pokemon to capture them though? But still, no items or courses or Oaks so ehhh. Not quite there. I'd also love a Colosseum/XD follow-up.

I hadn't actually thought of a new Snap game before tbh, but you're so right! That would be awesome on the 3DS :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Seconding Thirding Fourthing Whatevering the sentiments and thoughts for a 3DS Pokemon Snap. I think most people here know of my feelings on the original, so to have an expanded one for the 3DS would be completely amazeballs. And a new Pinball game, as unlikely as it would be also very, very good. Especially considering the accelerometer and gyroscope built in to the 3DS; that there leaves lots of room for nudging and bumping and other stuff. Oh... just describing them is making me want them both all the more! :D

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I'd really love to see a new game with Shadow Pokemon, a la Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, be they set in Orre or a new region altogether. These two games remain my favorite spinoff titles to this day with their darker plots and touching of more mature themes. While this seems unlikely, I think it could have some potential connection with Unova, as Orre's topography is based off the American Southwest, which would likely be on the same continent as a region based on the New York Metropolitan area.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Pokémon Snap 3DS! A new Stadium..one that isn't Battle Revolution. I'm not sure if this counts as a spin-off, but something like the GB Tower. This would obviously have to be on Wii U (touch screen) but it would be really cool to play the DS games on TV. OR! Console version of BW2, in which we can exchange save data between the console and handheld, so we can play on TV or DS, without just being a direct port. A new Colosseum game would be good too, but I can't see it happening if I'm being honest.

Years
I'd love to see a new PMD game. I loved the previous titles and I can replay them. I think it'd be great to see how the new Pokemon are designed for the game. There would probably be updated graphics, too. It could also be on the 3ds with a 3d feature, but if it would take more time, I'd rather just have a DS version.

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
Fixed Pokemon Battle Revolution. Please Please PLEASE PLEASE?!!

Yeah, I liked the Wifi battles of BR but it could be SO MUCH better. :3. Just imagine, your Zoroark's illusion disappeared.

tl;dr
Nintendo... pweeze fix BR with gen 5?

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
*ahem*
I don't know much about "megaman legends 3" but I do recall something about the gamers helping to design the game by voting in polls and stuff. What if Pokemon did something like this? Set up a forum where players suggest their ideas and Nintendo takes the ones that they like and weave it together to make the awesome new spin off!

Years
Something similar to Coliseum and XD. I liked Ranger, but I mean it's weird having Pokemon and not battling lol. With the gamecube games there was a nice little adventure with an interesting twist in the Shadow Pokemon. I'd like to see that return. Please. Kthnx.

Pinta77

Ive never played pokemon snap. A new one might be a good idea, but id want to play the old one first.

I want to see a new colloseum/XD, with an actual story mode. I doubt they will do this though since good games take effort and nintendo is pissing away their effort on a console that no one is going to play and only use for netflix if that... Again...

Back