• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I couldn't find this thread via the forum but found a link that another member gave me via google. Now I dont know if the challenge is dead or not but I wanna do it. I have a question about era, if say one era allows water type but not ice, can use dual water/ice types like lapras? Also for the time rift rules, for every badge do I take only one rule from each era or do I have to follow everything of that said era?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
Game: Blue
Era: Medieval Era

Might as well revive this thread because it's a good one. Poison, Fighting, and Psychic are plenty sufficient for Blue.

Er... Normal-type MOVES weren't banned, right? Because that would be very difficult in Blue... Oops. Well, I'll just pretend I didn't see that specification.

Spoiler:

Team:
LE FAY the L46 TENTACRUEL
Surf | Poison Sting | Constrict | Barrier
MERLIN the L42 KADABRA
Psychic | Psybeam | Teleport | Recover
ARTHUR the L50 VENUSAUR (run MVP)
Razor Leaf | Poisonpowder | Leech Life | Tackle
GAWAIN the L32 MACHOKE
Rock Slide | Strength | Low Kick | Dig
MORDRED the L13 BEEDRILL
Cut | Fury Attack | Harden

Honorary mentions: GUINEVERE the very temporary NIDOQUEEN (used for Surf) and ! the DODUO, purely for HM02 use.

Thoughts:
Gen 1's Fighting-types are pretty weak, and Steel wasn't available, so this was a Poison run. Psychic was good, but I tried not to lean too much on MERLIN.

The barter system was kind of fun, though the types were strong enough that I had very little need to buy more than PokeBalls. it was nice to finally get use from junk TMs and vitamins, though. :)

Last edited:
Years
One question I have before I start this up... For the Stone Age, it says I'm not allowed to buy items except herbs, but does that include TMs? Because I'm doing the challenge on Black and only just remembered that rule when it came to Nimbasa City (I haven't bought items yet, including TMs), so I want to make sure I'm not breaking that rule by including it. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
One question I have before I start this up... For the Stone Age, it says I'm not allowed to buy items except herbs, but does that include TMs? Because I'm doing the challenge on Black and only just remembered that rule when it came to Nimbasa City (I haven't bought items yet, including TMs), so I want to make sure I'm not breaking that rule by including it. Thanks!

That actually includes TMs as well. It's the Stone Age so there's really no way around it. The only TMs allowed are the ones you get as rewards from gym battles. Or whatever you find on the ground I suppose.

In any case, you folks thought I was dead but I am not. I plan on reviving this challenge properly by starting over in a fresh thread and properly keeping track of things. So stay tuned for that ;)

Years
In any case, you folks thought I was dead but I am not. I plan on reviving this challenge properly by starting over in a fresh thread and properly keeping track of things. So stay tuned for that ;)

So if I wanted to start a challenge, should I just wait until you start the new thread?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
So if I wanted to start a challenge, should I just wait until you start the new thread?

You can sign up here if you want to. I don't foresee any changes to the rules or anything. I'll just make a new thread and give the challenge a mini facelift. That way I'll be able to keep track of people's progress.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Just a reminder.... sadly, nobody posted after me so I'll have to double I guess...

The new Time Warp thread has been submitted and is currently awaiting approval. Check back once it is for the link <3 There's some tweaks here and there and some new surprises. So stay tuned for the revival of this challenge :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back