• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This internet browser is better than the other!

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
I use Chrome on my Galaxy Nexus, but not to often, because my Phone starts to Bug, if I use Chrome for long enough.
This includes Lag, Disappearing Keyboards, etc., and they end with a spontaneous Reboot.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Long ago it was IE then FF then Opera then Chrome then FF again then I transferred (Not Torch) back to Chrome.... Mozilla is getting slow now... Soooo..... Google Chrome.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I use Chrome as my main browser on everything (PC, Mac, Phone). My alternate browser on my PC is Internet Explorer and I guess the alternate on my Mac is Firefox, but I've never really needed to use a second browser on my Mac.

It's only in the past year or so that I've gotten used to Chrome. I was Firefox all the way for so long but it got really bulky and it runs so slowly that I don't really bother with it anymore. I like that Chrome syncs across all my stuff so I always have access to my account no matter where I am.

Years
I use Chrome. I used to switch between Chrome and Firefox, but Chrome is just more for me, so I stuck with it.

I've only used IE to download both of those browsers.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I use both Opera and Chrome. Firefox is my back up browser in case the other 2 don't work. I also have Safari since it was the default on my mac.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Another Chrome fan. c: I haven't used Firefox in years so it's hard to make comparisons, but yeah, switched to Chrome many years ago for some reason I don't remember anymore and haven't looked back.

I do use IE for my Surface Pro though, because it was clearly designed to use that browser, and Chrome does not run as well on it imo.

As for handhelds, I use Safari for my iPod and Chrome on Android.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
Well, I have a Surface Pro too, but I use Chrome on it.
I know Chrome lacks Pinch-Zoom, Scroll, and any other Touch-based gestures, but the Touch Screen acts weird under Windows, so I turned off the Touch Screen Driver (leaving the Pen Touch still in-tact), and since the Pen works exactly like a Mouse, the lack of gestures aren't my concern, because at least I can sync my Bookmarks, Tabs, etc. over 10 Devices (Phone, PCs, Macs, etc.), no matter if I'm using my home Computer, my work Computer, or my family's Computers.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
On my phone I use Firefox due to the last pass add on. Love not having to remember my passwords!

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I use Internet Explorer 11.
Contrary to popular belief, Internet Explorer is very close to the speed of Google Chrome. It is slightly faster on average for startup and navigation, but if everything is running properly, IE takes less than one second longer than Chrome to load. I honestly don't know why everyone still complains about it today. I think some people just judge it based on the last time that they used it, which could have been years ago on an old version. IE 11 is very fast, super easy to navigate, and has the best support through internet, email, and phone than any other browser. It also finally has spell check, a feature that has been wanted for quite some time.

This is my opinion on some other web browsers:
Chrome: Amazing web browser, very fast and simplified, but I still prefer IE because of nostalgia and it just works great on Windows.
Firefox: Was pretty fast, but slow at times. It has some customization, but I never fully understood how to navigate every button like with IE.
Opera: I don't use it on the computer, but it works great for basic phones without Android or iOS.
Safari: It was very slow on my PC, but works fine on my iPod Touch.

Years
Internet Explorer is basically for old people.
Microsoft really has improved Internet Explorer over the years, so I suggest you give IE 11 a try if you haven't already.

Sure that can be said though about versions 8 or prior, but I honestly think IE has gotten up to par of Chrome and Firefox, though it still doesn't quite render some CSS elements properly, such as image cursor files in png format.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
Years
For my personal stuff (like here), and when I'm on a Linux box, Firefox has always worked for me. I abandoned IE when it was still on version 6 (and our computer had Win98SE :8:), and I never looked back.

All of my 'official' stuff (and Dwarf Fortress, for some reason) is on Opera. I switched from Chrome after Google announced the end of sideloading extensions into it, since my YT enhancer required sideloading.
I still can't understand the lack of bookmarks in Opera.

Years
Firefox all the way for me.

The story why: back in...I believe it was 2003, I had a desktop running Windows 98 that would blue-screen every. single. day. No lie. I couldn't figure out what the problem was, and it was really annoying me, but a restart would fix it (until the next day, obviously). I was using IE at the time, and for some reason I decided to try out FF.

...Gone were the daily blue screens! (Took more like a week for it to blue screen then, until the hard drive crashed but no browser could help with that ah ha.) Since then I've shunned IE unless I absolutely need to use it somehow, and FF has been my default browser. I've tried others, but they've never really "clicked" with me at all. :( So I end up just going back to FF because it's what I'm most used to using.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
On my Linux desktop, I ran chromium for a bit but Firefox just ran better on it. So I'm using that. :)

Years
Okay so IE 11 is amazing. I watched flash player content in IE earlier today and it didn't even max my CPU to 100, so I may consider using IE for watching Youtube and other stuff.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I used to swear by Firefox, but I tried Chrome for a particular website, and ever since that day I've stuck with Chrome. I'm a horrible creature of habit, and I like that Chrome saves my passwords across different devices, like my tablet.

Hearing about how IE has improved, I'm going to give it a try now! From what I used to hear about it, I stayed away, but I'll give it a good try and see how it works. I did use it before for a few websites and had no problem with it like I used to.

Years
I've probably already posted this, but my primary browser at this point is Firefox. I've used Chrome and Opera regularly since initially switching to Firefox in 2005.

For my personal stuff (like here), and when I'm on a Linux box, Firefox has always worked for me. I abandoned IE when it was still on version 6 (and our computer had Win98SE :8:), and I never looked back.

All of my 'official' stuff (and Dwarf Fortress, for some reason) is on Opera. I switched from Chrome after Google announced the end of sideloading extensions into it, since my YT enhancer required sideloading.
I still can't understand the lack of bookmarks in Opera.

Bookmarks used to be there in Opera 12, but sometime between then and Opera 18, bookmarks were done away with and instead your "speed dial" pages are supposed to be used as substitutes for bookmarks.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
Years
Bookmarks used to be there in Opera 12, but sometime between then and Opera 18, bookmarks were done away with and instead your "speed dial" pages are supposed to be used as substitutes for bookmarks.
Ah, thank you! I'll try to remember that.

Back