• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Alright, I have my first part of my Alpha walkthrough here:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ij8ZyHakZ0

Hope you like it! Also, I have some critcisms/suggestions there for you, so it's not just entertainment.

I hope you got permission, it just doesn't seem right that you recorded something without the creators consent.
Anyways, that updates are nice, and the tiles are just breathtaking.
you make them look so nice but simple at the same time.
And i thought the new mountain palette was pale, but it could have been because of the weather.
But these updates made me want to get alpha 1.2.
I'll get it as soon as it comes out.
Well, best of luck Semele!

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2009
I hope you got permission, it just doesn't seem right that you recorded something without the creators consent.
And i thought the new mountain palette was pale, but it could have been because of the weather.

Oh... I didn't get permission, eh.

Sorry, but hopefully you'll let me continue...?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Oh, wow... These screenshots are great!

The first screenshots look especially awesome, as the added white mountainous tiles, and the very nice and realistic night sky, as all of the stars are different, and those are the types of shapes that you would see if you're looking at the stars at night.

Also, the girl, "Sophia", talking to you in that specific area, it gives a little feel that she's sort of shy and mysterious (and doesn't talk much). I wonder what that event is about, though...

The second and third screenshots are nice, although it's sort of hard to judge them (not saying that my screenshots are any better XD), but the maps look good nonetheless.

The last screenshot looks great as well, though it's a little difficult to judge as well... The map is interesting, though.

Good luck, Christos/Semele (changing your name back again, I see...)

Sophia is a little shy and not very mysterious, but she will start acting strangely after a certain event. She will talk much in both "versions", I wanted her to not talk much at first, but with her talking much it makes the events better to understand. You'll understand what I mean with the "versions" in the next release, I think.

ive got a suggestion because there are two badies as it were there could be two or more special pokemon they want to get to stop you or the others with :)

Both of the goals are different, and don't really have to do with catching Pokémon.

I changed the mountain palette again, it doesn't look that pale now.

Oh... I didn't get permission, eh.

Sorry, but hopefully you'll let me continue...?

I like your idea, but I will be making improvements in the game, just like with Alpha 1.2, there's a new overworld and mountain palettes, and some of the events are remade, but if you want to continue I don't have a problem.

Alpha 1.2 is ready, I had some people to test it and it was fine, I just have to wait for the hero's overworld running sprites to be done, I tried to do them myself but they weren't that good. The Lapras Maze game is looking great, too.

A few screenshots, these places aren't going to be in the new alpha.

screen1uo6.png
screen2nm0.png
screen3en9.png

Horizon Hills is now Horizon Path, it's the biggest route in the game so far.

screen4te7.png
screen5uv5.png
screen6ec3.png

Mount Horizon, leads to the next city which is high up in the cold mountains, there's a Team Rocket event there.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Wow new updates are looking great as always. Just awesome. Can't wait for the Alpha 1.2

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
ooh, the updates look nice Semele.
the new mountain palette looks great.
but i was just wondering if the waterfall really is supposed to look like that, or if you just made it that way.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
He has already changed some tiles, dude. And he wants to keep the FR-style, so it's not like you'll be seeing a lot of changes like in other hacks, it's just his decision.

Well, Christos. I see that you've been mapping a lot. Is that your main concern currently? because I havent seen screenies of scripting except for that one with the girl.
Wait... I know, you just dont want to show events, am I right? XP

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
wow, this is a great hack i must say. it was also a real challenge, i had to actually train for the gyms. keep up the great work and i cant wait till the next alpha comes out

oh and r there gonna be major changes in the next alpha or should i just start over?

iEdster

iPwn
Years
When I get the first badge, I don't know how to go to the next gym in Gaea town, or something like that.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
ooh, the updates look nice Semele.
the new mountain palette looks great.
but i was just wondering if the waterfall really is supposed to look like that, or if you just made it that way.

I mapped the waterfall just like other waterfalls in official maps.

He has already changed some tiles, dude. And he wants to keep the FR-style, so it's not like you'll be seeing a lot of changes like in other hacks, it's just his decision.

Well, Christos. I see that you've been mapping a lot. Is that your main concern currently? because I havent seen screenies of scripting except for that one with the girl.
Wait... I know, you just dont want to show events, am I right? XP

I always do the scripting with the mapping, I just don't show it. :P

wow, this is a great hack i must say. it was also a real challenge, i had to actually train for the gyms. keep up the great work and i cant wait till the next alpha comes out

oh and r there gonna be major changes in the next alpha or should i just start over?

No major changes, you can use the old save file if you like for the mini game and the side quests, but there may be oddities.

When I get the first badge, I don't know how to go to the next gym in Gaea town, or something like that.

You should find CUT, look around and you'll find it.

There's character changes in the "Black" plot.

Daisy =>
860xi8.png
Rose
Mr. Mort =>
580zk1.png
Morty

And a screenshot.

liquid17301fr7.png

And finally, Alpha 1.2, the overworlds took a while, but everything's done now. Download from the first post.
You can use your old save files to try out the mini game and the side quests if you don't want to play it all again, but there may be oddities with the new events.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
i dont know why most of the hack Roms bases are FireRed.....

oh yea in alpha 1.2 . when it will end?? sometimes hack games ends even if i didnt defeat the champion.....

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2008
WOW! The palette and tiles look really awesome! (and will you guys be implementing a heroine? please, please?)

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Hey, Christos, that's a nice-looking screenshot you have there. The palettes and tiles of the cave's interior is beautiful, yet it looks awkward, so there must be some reason for looking weird.

That square above the player looks very good. I'm curious to know what it is.
Good luck with this awesome hack, there's a large amount of progress on it, from what I can see.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
When I get rock smash, and the second badge (which says I can actually use it) I can't actually use it...

So, in short, I'm stuck.

Go to the city (where u get your mareep)
the fire GYM is open now but after u done it the alpha ends.

ChaoticKitten

^.^ Wait... I get it... o.O
Years
Yeah, I realise that now.
=]

The new stuff is looking good though, can't wait to play it.

Haha, my friend's little brother thought I was playing an "actual" (store release) pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back