• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Tutorials & Resources Thread [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Tutorials & Resources

Well sweetie pies, its spring cleaning, and we're combining Tutorials and Resources into one thread!

Shop Index

This thread contains a list of currently active shops you can request from~

Resources for Various Programs

Original Thread
Sorano said:
RESOURCES
------------------------------------------------------------------
Once again, the old thread was really old and seemed pretty unorganized, so it's new thread time. :D
This thread will have a list of resources for programs like PSP and Photoshop. I'm sure if you take the time to skim through the list, you'll find some stuff that may be of use to you. :)

Rules
→ Of course, all PokéCommunity Rules are to be read and followed.
→ If you take anything for the sites listed, don't forget to credit the creator.

Contributing to the List
If you know of any good resources that aren't on the list, post them here. :D It would be very helpful, and I'll add them to the list if it seems good enough.

List speshul thx to old member Claire for starting out this list.
Spoiler:

Tutorials by Pokecommunity Members

Original, old tutorials can be found here.
Guenhwyvar said:
Rules:

-You must follow the PokeCommunity Graphics & Photography rules, as well as the general rules.

-Posted tutorials can be text, text with pictures showing examples, or a link to a site that contains the tutorial.

-Your posts must contain either a tutorial, and example that was made using one of the above tutorials, or comments/criticism towards a tutorial.

-Do not post tutorials that you have not made, or do not belong to you.

Please follow these rules.

The form required for posting tutorials:

Program Used:
Required:
Skill Level:

Changes

1. Please do not post links contributing to the resources list! PM them to me!
2. Posts in this thread should pertain ONLY to tutorials, their outcomes, etc. Resource discussion belongs in the Graphics Lounge, and suggestions should be PMed to me.

It's basically the old Tutorials thread, but we've got a nice big list of resources at the top- that's pretty much the biggest change.

Enjoy~

Last edited:

Sandro™

Retired!
Years
I guess i will give it a try..

Program Used: Userbar Creator/ Userbar Generator, Paint.NET, PhotoImpact X3
Required: Magic Wand
Skill Level: Beginner

Spoiler:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Program Used: Photoshop CS+ (I used CS2)
Required: Large text doodle brushes, sparkle brushes, and a stock that is described in the tutorial.
Skill Level: .... Difficult, probably... Depending on how much you already know, and how good you are at figuring out what I'm trying to say. xDD

Outcome:
allen.png

ALLEN WALKER TUTORIAL

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Thanks for sharing, Loki! Oh and that is an awesome site, I believe it was CME who originally posted the link, no? Thanks for reminding me of it, I couldn't find the original link.

Sure thing. :D [/it was a boring tag but had lot's of my tricks thrown into it, so!]
Yup, still remember when CME threw it out there I raided the textures and "D:"'d at the patterns, but hey. Can't win 'em all. xDDD

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Oh my, how could this be? A tutorial you say? Made by me?

Personabattle.png

Program Used: Photoshop
Required: A render, some decent textures and CT's Smudge tutorial XD
Skill Level: Medium - Hard. Because I was terrible at explaining things, cliche? Yes. False? No.

BEHOLD MY LINK

I'm totally doing this tutorial, but I'mma gonna ask a n00b question now:
Vibrance layer is a wat. D:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
I'm totally doing this tutorial, but I'mma gonna ask a n00b question now:
Vibrance layer is a wat. D:

It's an adjustment layer, they mightn't have it in versions previous to CS4, so nevermind, it never actually made much of a difference.

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
Years
This thread got me in the mood to make a new tutorial.

ap9s82.jpg
1zexyed.jpg

Program Used: Photoshop
Required: Render, Grunge Brushes, Light Texture, C4D, Smudging
Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced
[Link]

Better to mess around after the basic outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back