• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokemon Film!

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
My absolute favorite is Pokemon Heroes. I LOVE Latios and Latias.

My next favorite would be Pokemon 3: Spell of the Unown. It was one of my favorites as a child and I still have the VHS.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Pokemon Spell of The Unown, Pokemon Heroes, and Destiny Deoxys were some of my favorites. Those were so great! I got into pokemon on the dawn of the Hoenn region so I could relate better to those movies :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
Pokemon the Movie 2000 and Mewtwo Returns tie for my favorite. Pokemon 4 Ever was good too. I never saw Mewtwo Strikes back when it was in the theater, because I got into Pokemon in 2000. Dang...missed it by that much!

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2020
Really loved Destiny Deoxys and Jirachi's Wish. Epic endings..

But not sure why Ash didn't catch them :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I honestly love all of the Pokémon movies! The Keldeo and Genesect movies seemed a bit lacking to me, but I still like them all-the-same. My all-time favorite of the movies is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! I don't know what it is about that movie; maybe because it's centered around two Pokémon I really, really love? Maybe because it made Ash out to be the hero that he definitely is? Learning that he has similar aura to another hero that existed years ago and using it to nearly sacrifice himself to save the tree as well as the entire kingdom, I believe it was? Man, it's just such a great movie! Regice never fails to make me laugh because of how cool and ridiculous sounding it was.

I actually own this movie, and when I bought it years ago, my friend and I watched it and when we heard Regice we laughed really hard, but when its voice went deeper after Lucario attacked it, we were like, "YOOOOO!!" Ah, man, it was great. XD The last time I watched, which was like two or three years ago I think, I cried like three times, lol. It was actually on the other day, but I couldn't watch it because I had to work. :(

But yeah, favorite Pokémon movie is the Lucario movie!

Years
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, The rise of Darkrai and Kyurem and the sword of justice.Genesect and the legend awakened

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
All the First 6 movies:- 1.Mewtwo strikes back. 2.The Power of One 3.The Spell of the Unown(or unknown) 4.Mewtwo Returns. 5.Celebi Voice of the Forest. 6.Heroes - Latios and Latias. I did'nt like any other ever.

Years
Good to see I'm not the only one who likes The First Movie. I find the criticism relating to the "fighting is wrong" moral and the implied hypocrisy to reflect a shallow understanding of the film and series as a whole, and I also disagree that the erasure of memories at the end nullifies any lessons learned for the audience. (Although it does bother me that no one seems to care that they have no recollection of the preceding few hours...) Also, DEM FEELS in the beginning, the part about Mewtwo's childhood.

I also like 4Ever and Destiny Deoxys.

I find 2000 to be boring, even though it's one of the first I saw. Most of the later ones are just meh.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
My favorite is the second movie The Power of One. Just an all around epic movie. The first movie was good but I found it a little...underwhelming. It seemed more like a made for TV movie than an actual theatrical release. The second movie is just too epic for anything other than the big screen. Seeing the legendary birds fighting has to be one of the highlights of the whole franchise. Great movie :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
Pokémon: The First Movie. I think that after the first, and perhaps the second, the other films were not all height of the first ...

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
Pokemon ranger and the temple of the sea. I like the music and I find it sweet and emotional story wise.=3

I also like the Victini movie. Though mainly Pokemon the movie white: Victini and Zekrom because i find the music when ash's freezing more emotional in that version.

Another favourite is Pokemon movie 11 with Shaymin.=3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My favorite Pokemon movie is Movie 2000, aka "The Power of One". I loved it not only because of the storyline, but it focused on my favorite legendary trio: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, as well as some Johto Pokemon. :3

Honorable mention goes to Pokemon 4Ever. That movie made me cry. ;;

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea is my favorite. The setting blows away any of the other movies' settings and 'dose scenes in the underwater temple :3
I like the characters; their profession is definitely uncommon in the anime world and they have a really cool show with the floating water spheres.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I have so many. Uhm... Mewtwo strikes back, Power of one, Spell of the Unown, Celebi: voice of the forest, Pokémon hero's, Jirachi wish maker, and The Rise of Darkrai.
I like all of them. I can't just choose one since their all good in their own way. (The rise of Darkrai soundtrack I like.)

Years
My favorite of the Pokemon movies always has, and probably always will be Pokemon 2000: The Power of One. I remember having it on VHS when I was younger, and it was one of the few movies that I owned that stopped working because I played it too often (had it replaced later on, right around the time DVDs were becoming mainstream, so I rarely watched the tape after that). Even to this day, any time I see a replay of it on TV, I always make sure to watch it.

Years
Pokemon: The First Movie. I will never forget the ending and even now I still sometimes think back to it just for reminiscing purposes or when I feel a sudden need to watch the movie again. It is one of my favourite anime movies, to say the least.

Katrica

Shayan
Years
Out of the ones i've watched, i'd say... 4ever is my favourite.

NOWAIT.

Raikou special, definitely.

Movie five with Latios and Latias in, too.

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
The first movie was just absolutely terrific and just won my heart! And the ending part when ash turns back into human and looking at pikachu and pikachu running towards him was my favourite moment!

Back