• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vote for your first Forum Fiesta!

Which idea would you like to be our first Forum Fiesta?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Welcome to the Forum Fiesta!

tumblr_o72gxjknVI1r8sc3ro2_500.gif

If you're wondering what this is or why the alliteration is strikingly similar to the Forum Frontier, then allow me to explain!

All of last year we ran an event called the Forum Frontier which allowed you, the members, to nominate and vote on a forum you'd most like to see on PC. We had some fun testing out potential permanent areas on the forum, but what we also saw was a lot of extremely fun and unique ideas being proposed that, unfortunately, wouldn't have had a chance to make it full time.

So...what could be next? Forum Fiesta of course!

Forum Fiesta has the sole goal of members nominating fun and interesting areas to run for exactly one month with no strings attached. We're not asking you to nominate areas that could exist on PC forever. We want to see fresh, unique forum ideas that you can enjoy before the Fiesta moves on to another type of area! You can nominate anything from Pokemon Shipping to Calligraphy to Sports to a Pie forum - this is for you all to have fun and enjoy a unique experience month-to-month, so let your ideas flow! If it doesn't have an explicit forum on PC (don't suggest a Welcome forum, for example), it's fair game. Even if there are technically other places on PC to discuss something (you can talk about sports in General Entertainment), if you think it would work well as its own forum, then post it.

If you'd like to nominate a potential Fiesta, include the following info:

• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.)
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area:
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?​
In about a week, after everyone has had a chance to discuss all the various choices and nominations, we will put together a poll in this same thread for everyone to vote on. Each iteration of the Fiesta will run at the start of the following month and halfway through we will open up a nomination thread for the next month's Fiesta.
*Disclaimer: We may exclude options that are not appropriate, break rules, too similar to a current forum in general, etc.
Have at it and have fun! :D​

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Right. I'm going to nominate something different than sports this time, since we're doing one month forums now, and I don't think the upcoming month would be ripe with sports conversation...

• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.): Amusement park, theme park, rollercoaster discusion forum.

• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Could have discussions on, of course, amusement parks and theme parks, coasters too, and I could run two threads "Guess The Coaster" and "Guess The Park", which would be similar to the "Guess The Pokemon" threads of yore, where I'll crop a picture, and ask the viewing public to determine what coaster/park it is. We could even give away an emblem for the best score at the end of the month. Who knows?

• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?: The Midway

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
• What type of forum are you nominating? Tinder (and Grindr, we're inclusive ofc)
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Users post threads and put themselves on display. Those interested can slide into their PMs and hopefully some members can find their one true PC love.
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Match.forum

Sirfetch’d

• What type of forum are you nominating? Tinder (and Grindr, we're inclusive ofc)
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Users post threads and put themselves on display. Those interested can slide into their PMs and hopefully some members can find their one true PC love.
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? Match.forum

gg

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
What type of forum are you nominating? Spooky Forum
Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: The supernatural, the more mystical aspects of religion, cults, interesting mythologies, paranormal topics/experiences, etc.
If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? The X-Files

I'll be damned if I don't admit that Garghelina had a fantastic idea and I will do my best to get it recognised as such.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Sorry but Disney auto wins. Or Amusement Parks cause I can still talk disneyland there.

This whole time I've been talking to Smocks about DIsneyland when I should have been talking to you.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
So like, after a year or so, would you be able to nominate a forum that has already existed again?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
What type of forum are you nominating? Spooky Forum
Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: The supernatural, the more mystical aspects of religion, cults, interesting mythologies, paranormal topics/experiences, etc.
If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it? The X-Files

I'll be damned if I don't admit that Garghelina had a fantastic idea and I will do my best to get it recognised as such.

Sounds nice, I'm all into cultist stuff, and summoning chickens and the like.

But....
I will nominate:

• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.)
Fruit Forum
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area:
Talk about fruits, like bananas, dragonfruits, tomatos, etc.
Or post pictures of fruits, like bananas, dragonfruits, tomatos, etc.
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?
Fruit Salad

Years
• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pirates, Shipping, etc.): Animal & Pets Care
• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area: Helpful tips & tricks for pet owners, recommendations for first timers, etc
• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?: The Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back