• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Red Team Suggestions

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
I want to restart my Fire-Red, but I am having difficulties picking out a decent team to play through the game with. I only have two in my mind so far:

Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venasaur (there are no good grass types in the game besides him, so yeah)

Lapras from Silph Co. (powerful water type)

Arcanine (can catch Growlithe to the right of Celadon AND buy the Fire Stone in Celadon for when Growlithe reaches level 41 and learns his last move!)

I just need three more to add to them, I was hoping for a Psychic type and maybe a Dark type or a Ghost? I wanted Haunter and Kadabra but they might be weak since I can't evolve them further, I might just go with them, either way can anyone help with three more suggestions?

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
If I had to suggest three other pokemon, mine would be Hitmonchan, Snorlax, and Jolteon/Kadabra.
Hitmonchan is a bit weak, but the fact that he can learn the three elemental punches (fire, thunder, and ice) is pretty awesome. Snorlax is just freakin tough, plus he extra good against fire and ice types cuz of his thick fat. Jolteon is easily my favorite electric type ever, and electric types are good. Thing is, you got a major weakness to fighting types there, so replacing Jolteon with a Kadabra may work well. Just make sure you have a pokemon with a dark type move and you're all set!

HansLangone

Simple Trainer
Years
I want to restart my Fire-Red, but I am having difficulties picking out a decent team to play through the game with. I only have two in my mind so far:

Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venasaur (there are no good grass types in the game besides him, so yeah)

Lapras from Silph Co. (powerful water type)

Arcanine (can catch Growlithe to the right of Celadon AND buy the Fire Stone in Celadon for when Growlithe reaches level 41 and learns his last move!)

I just need three more to add to them, I was hoping for a Psychic type and maybe a Dark type or a Ghost? I wanted Haunter and Kadabra but they might be weak since I can't evolve them further, I might just go with them, either way can anyone help with three more suggestions?

haha your three pokemon are in my real proper Pokemon teamm.. well the other three maybe Dragonite/Pidgeot might helps.. then Hypno/Espeon... then Sandslash/Snorlax.. idk.. back to your choice..

003.gif
131.gif
059.gif
097.gif
028.gif
149.gif

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
Thanks guys! Yeah I'm planning on Dragonite but not till the end since Dratini is expensive in Celadon city's game corner and it's hard to catch em' in the Safari Zone. S now it's looking like this:

Bulbasaur (family)
Lapras
Arcanine
Jolteon/Kadabra
Snorlax
Pidgeot/Nidoking/queen (Since I have a moon stone and Nidoran at this point in the game)

I've just arrived at the area in Mt. Moon with the fossils and my current team is only:

Ivysaur level 18
Pidgeotto level 18

Thanks for the help btw :)

poke are poke

mischievous
Years
nice team thats always my team expect i have a butterfree at this point and probably a pikachu. keep all of them just not the nidoran family i dont like them :P

Back