• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone adjusted their expectations since it was announced that there is 100% a Switch game coming soon?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
You hear people saying they expect walking Pokemon, Battle Frontier, etc in these games, but have you changed what you think will be in these games now that we know a main series Switch game is coming?

pkmin3033

My expectations were non-existent already, so that'd be a no from me. Given that the Switch game probably won't be out until 2019, and I think there is a fair chance of Pokemon continuing on the 3DS alongside the Switch - it works with Zelda, and Mario, and Metroid; there is no reason it cannot also work with Pokemon - I don't think this announcement will be indicative of a drop in the length or quality of US/UM. I doubt it affected their design for these titles.

Years
I'm still excited for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, especially since I don't know if I should get a Switch or not.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Why would I change my opinion about US/UM because we learned about the existence of another Pokemon game?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Why would I change my opinion about US/UM because we learned about the existence of another Pokemon game?

Because why should they go all out for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon if there is a Switch title right around the corner that they should instead go all out for?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Because why should they go all out for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon if there is a Switch title right around the corner that they should instead go all out for?

Who says it's around the corner? They were developing a legend of Zelda game for the Wii U (which came out 2012) and the game didn't actually come out for at least 4 years, They started showing screen shots and trailers for X/Y, OR/AS and S/M almost a year before any of them came out, so since they only confirmed that a game for the switch is in development it could be literally years before it actually comes out.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Why shouldn't they always go all out when making games?

blue

gucci
Years
Nah. Even though we have nothing on USM right now, I still have the same expectations despite a Switch game announcement and it really hasn't influenced my decision to buy these games. I'm still thinking USM will be an expansion on Sun & Moon akin to BW2 in that we get new features with an altered storyline, new areas and the like. As for features such as following Pok?mon, based off the models we've already seen, I still think that would be much more feasible on a Switch title due to the 3DS restrictions.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Why shouldn't they always go all out when making games?

Well one could easily argue there have been instances in the past where they haven't gone all out. Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, for instance.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Not really. The announcement of a core game in Switch is another separate issue and it did neither to reduce or increase the hype i have for USUM

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
My expectations for USUM is the same which is high. Switch won't affect it at all. I don't like the idea of a pokemon main series going onto a home console. I prefer handhelds.

pkmin3033

Well one could easily argue there have been instances in the past where they haven't gone all out. Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, for instance.
Given their severe lack of quality in some areas and the very precise timing of their release, I would argue that Sun/Moon were instances of this, and thus it is far more likely that US/UM will be games that they perhaps do not drop the quality of quite so badly.

Back