• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Was gen 4 the beginning of Pokemon for anyone else?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Diamond was not the begining for me, but rather the return. I had abandoned Pokémon because I was at that awkward age where it wasn't cool anymore, despite being a huge fan since I was 3.
When it came out, I tried to ignore it, but stumbled on a Nintento expo where you could play a Pearl demo...15 minutes later I was buying Diamond, because who was I kidding I love Pokémon. It holds a special place in my heart for this, what a great game.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Soo...if you know me well, you will know I will say this, but this is, the real best generation.

Okay, in all seriousness, it was also my first. And a good one too. And an amazing, really great gen. And if it didn't exist I probably wouldn't be a fan of this series. And just an impressive gen that needs more respect. And not to mention my childhood. And a great gen. As well as an awesome really good one. Just sayin.

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Although Gen4 wasn't my first, it is among the most memorable for me. It was the last I got to play as a "child" (I was a teen, but still young at heart), and getting to explore a new region still had that wonder to it. I remember being at my grandma's house, listening to the Snowpoint theme and drifting off to sleep. I remember coming up with all sorts of stories based on the game, and my brother and I would draw them out. I remember being horrified by how short Dawn's skirt is, but rectifying it by giving her biking shorts when I drew her.

A Turtwig with the uncreative name of Leaf was my starter, and he was soon joined by Starly and Shinx, which became my power trio.

I guess it's also noteworthy (to me) that I first started frequenting forums around the time Pearl came out, which allowed me to nerd out about it with other fans (something I couldn't do offline).

The release of HGSS helped make Pok?mon cool for my age group and brought it back centrestage. I remember actually being excited for daylight savings time that year, as bringing the clocks forward would get me closer to SS's launch. I hated Lyra's design, but loved getting to walk around with my Pok?mon, and getting to relive some Gen2.

I get really nostalgic thinking about it, and knowing that DP came out 10 years (In NA) ago blows my mind. I feel old now cx

Back