• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
.eLLo
I just want to know something.. Is it possible to make a Pokémon like Spinda ?
Well.. Yeah, of course :P But is it possible to randomly put something on that sprite.. (The dots on Spinda)
I want to make a ghost-Pokémon with 1 eye.. but that eye changes on every sprite..
Possible or not ?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
.eLLo
I just want to know something.. Is it possible to make a Pokémon like Spinda ?
Well.. Yeah, of course :P But is it possible to randomly put something on that sprite.. (The dots on Spinda)
I want to make a ghost-Pokémon with 1 eye.. but that eye changes on every sprite..
Possible or not ?

:s

What do you exactly mean? You can make a ghost Pokémon with 1 eye and insert it but what do you mean by that eye changes on every sprite?

max1992

newbie hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 28, 2007
hi
can any 1 help me plzzzzzzzzz
1.when i open sapphire rom in unLZ.gba inage is scrambled
2.i have win 98 and sappy10 does not work plz can u post a link of sappy compatable with win98
3.can any 1 post advanced mart 2004 plzzzzzz
thanks for any 1 who answers:embarrass

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
:s

What do you exactly mean? You can make a ghost Pokémon with 1 eye and insert it but what do you mean by that eye changes on every sprite?
Aaaah.. I knew that was a WTF-question.. :P
Well. You know Spinda an have colored spots on random places.. well..
I want that with a new sprite..
Here is a STUPID example:
naamloosbj7.png

So.. the red dot is the eye :P

Years
hi
can any 1 help me plzzzzzzzzz
1.when i open sapphire rom in unLZ.gba inage is scrambled

Do you mean that instead of a nice clear sprite, an image looking like a box of bright, badly-coordinated scrambled colors comes up? This is normal. There are a lot of these ugly-looking boxes in unLZ.gba... don't bother doing anything with these if you want to edit sprites in the rom. If you want to get to the "real" sprites, just keep on clicking the "Next" button. You'll have to go through a lot of those ugly boxes, but you'll get to the "real" sprites eventually. If you come to a sprite that looks somewhat normal, but the graphics are slightly jumbled, try clicking the "+" or "-" buttons, and the graphics will re-align themselves.

Oh... and make sure "16 color mode" is selected. If you select "256 color mode", everything (including the real sprites) will come up looking like hideous boxes.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
Aaaah.. I knew that was a WTF-question.. :P
Well. You know Spinda an have colored spots on random places.. well..
I want that with a new sprite..
Here is a STUPID example:

You do that the same way they do the unown. Make x number of pokemon each with the eye in a diffeent place then put them in with the same name. Look at the way the unown are stored for exact details!
This may means your ghost type can't evolve but neither can the unown.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
But.. Spinda's system isn't the same as the Unowns I think..
You can find the Unowns through UnLZ-GBA but there's only 1 Spinda in there..
So.. Bu -MEH- When there's no other way, I'll edit the Unowns XD

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2012
I dowloaded rpg maker XP today.....and i plan on making a vba version of pokemon diamond/pearl...

How do i get tiles and stuff for the game?

EDIT: Also...how do ig et those tiles onto the rpg maker XP?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I dowloaded rpg maker XP today.....and i plan on making a vba version of pokemon diamond/pearl...

How do i get tiles and stuff for the game?

EDIT: Also...how do ig et those tiles onto the rpg maker XP?

1. You can't make an RPG game work with VBA.

2. You're in the wrong section, ask in the Game Development section.

Years
Ok, I was told to ask my question in this thread so here it is...

I want to get into the Pokemon Rom-Hacking scene and don't know where to start. I have a Fire-Red Rom and plan to hack that one. What I would like to know is which tools I need to get and use to hack it. I know there's a tools forum, but it wasn't very helpfull for letting me know what does what. Also I would like to know if there are toutorials anywhere for those tools.

This is the stuff I need to know which tools are for. (and how to use those tools)

Overworld editing (towns/roads/caves)
Map editing (like to change what the town map looks like)
Pokemon/Trainer sprite editing
Event editing
Editing what attacks a pokemon can use (like to give a weedle Rollout and IronTail....I have my reasons...)
Starter editing
What NPC and signs say editing
Weather editing (like make it sunny/cloudy/thunderstorm)
What pokemon Trainers have editing
Pokedex info editing (like to change the pokedex says about pokemon)
Shop items and items themselves editing (like make custom items and also pick what a shop will sell)
Music editing (like to change what music plays where)

If you can tell me which tools do that I'd appreciate it. Also It would be a HUGE help if you can point me to a tutorial on how to use each one. And if there's any other tools that would be usefull too, feel free to mention them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Overworld editing (towns/roads/caves)
Map editing (like to change what the town map looks like)
Pokemon/Trainer sprite editing
Event editing
Editing what attacks a pokemon can use (like to give a weedle Rollout and IronTail....I have my reasons...)
Starter editing
What NPC and signs say editing
Weather editing (like make it sunny/cloudy/thunderstorm)
What pokemon Trainers have editing
Pokedex info editing (like to change the pokedex says about pokemon)
Shop items and items themselves editing (like make custom items and also pick what a shop will sell)
Music editing (like to change what music plays where)

1. You can use Advance Map to edit any map in the ganme.
2. You mean the region map? You can use Cyclone and unLZ GBA (comes with Elite Map).
3. unLZ GBA to replace the sprites with the ones you want.
4. Pokémon Amplifier.
5. A-Text for editing any text in the game.
6. In Advance Map you can choose what weather you want the map to have in the Header view tab.
7. PET; comes with Elite Map.
8. A-Text.
9. A-Mart to edit what the shops sell and edit items' names and description; unLZ GBA to edit the item's pic.
10. Sappy to edit the music and in Header view tab in Advance map you can choose which track you want to be played when you play the game.

Years
1. You can use Advance Map to edit any map in the ganme.
2. You mean the region map? You can use Cyclone and unLZ GBA (comes with Elite Map).
3. unLZ GBA to replace the sprites with the ones you want.
4. Pokémon Amplifier.
5. A-Text for editing any text in the game.
6. In Advance Map you can choose what weather you want the map to have in the Header view tab.
7. PET; comes with Elite Map.
8. A-Text.
9. A-Mart to edit what the shops sell and edit items' names and description; unLZ GBA to edit the item's pic.
10. Sappy to edit the music and in Header view tab in Advance map you can choose which track you want to be played when you play the game.

Thank you very much. the only questions I still have are:

1) Can unLZ GBA also change what the items do in addition to the pics?
2) Does Pokemon Amplifier also change the Intro to the game where you meet the prof. and pick you and your rival's names and gender?
3) Does Advanced Map work with Pokemon FireRed? Cuz that one I thought was only for R/S/E?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Thank you very much. the only questions I still have are:

1) Can unLZ GBA also change what the items do in addition to the pics?
2) Does Pokemon Amplifier also change the Intro to the game where you meet the prof. and pick you and your rival's names and gender?
3) Does Advanced Map work with Pokemon FireRed? Cuz that one I thought was only for R/S/E?

1. You can't edit what an item does.

2. Sorry, I didn't put an answer for the event editing. Pokémon Amplifier edits the moves a pokémon learns and is stats. For the events you can make scripts and insert them with ScriptED (comes with Elite Map).

3. Advance Map supports every advanced generation game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
I use pokepic and i cant change the icons of the pokemon when i export them i get only 1 icon and there are to or do u know program where i can draw my own icons i got icon editor but that isint working really good

Years
OK, last question (this might get me yelled at and get a warning but...)

I got all the tools you said except for Pokémon Amplifier. I checked in the tools section and on google and even used forum search. I can't find a site that has it. Is it a private tool or is it not availible anymore or is it under a different name on sites?

BTW ty for helping me know the other tools I needed. :D I'll be sure to find a way of thanking you somehow when I make my hack.

rpgdude

Wobbuffet = GOD!
Years
How would I add a brand new map to Littleroot (or any town)? I know it has 5 inner things, but I would like to know if its possible to have a brand new map that doesn't replace anything.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
How can insert overworlds with hex editing cos i wanna stick in the D/P overwolrds on PHO without losing the quality

rpgdude

Wobbuffet = GOD!
Years
How can I change where the warp goes too? I know how to add them...but I don't know how to make it so that a warp goes to a certain point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back