• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
Years
Welcome to bubblebeam and Kikyochanx!! Adding your names into the member list now :)

Also, another small win in the fight for our rights!

I remember this caused outrage not too long ago, so I'm really glad to see it changing.
I've never given blood, since needles make me uncomfortable, but this seems like one of those things that they should not be allowed to ask in the first place.

Although I... don't really feel comfortable getting mad at people who actually save lives.

It kinda seems like it would be easier if everyone just lied. I worry that if they changed the laws, someone will pop up with HIV supposedly from a blood transfusion from a gay man, and set everything back.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I always wanted to give blood but, homosexuality aside, never had the chance to do so. I guess it might have been for the better though, since I didn't know that at the time. :\ ANYWAYS. I for one am glad that, even though it is admittedly a small step, it was a step in the right direction.

And welcome to our new members. ^__^ Glad to have you all here! :D

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
That seems to only apply to the UK. Are LGBT men in the United States also able to give blood, now?

You may remember me talking about this, but many schools in California have contemplated, and a few already have, banned all blood drives on their campuses. The reasoning is because the blood ban policy violates their campuses' nondiscrimination policy. A House Rep. for LGBT students on our campus introduced legislation that would do just that several times, but they were all unsuccessful.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
I donate blood as often as I can. Yes I'm gay but I'm also a virgin so I've never been in any strife.

Years
I'm looking at the American Red Cross's website right now under the eligibility criteria page and under the section for HIV/AIDS it says, among other things:

You should not give blood if you have AIDS or have ever had a positive HIV test, or if you have done something that puts you at risk for becoming infected with HIV.

You are at risk for getting infected if you:

* are a male who has had sexual contact with another male, even once, since 1977

* have had sexual contact in the past 12 months with anyone described above
So it doesn't outright say you can't, just that "you should not if you are at risk" which probably means the same thing and you'll be stopped if you try. Kinda makes you angry that they consider any gay male sex to put you at risk when HIV/AIDS is something anyone could have, but then they do list about a hundred things that can make you ineligible and I'm sure a lot of them are just as unreasonable.

Also, it mentions under the section on hormone replacement therapy:

Women on hormone replacement therapy for menopausal symptoms and prevention of osteoporosis are eligible to donate.
The way it's worded makes me think that it won't accept anyone doing HRT unless they are someone like they mention. That's also quite sad, but I don't know enough about the process to know if it might actually affect your blood so I can't be sure if it's just more of the same or a valid reason.

Oh hey, speaking of gays in games, doesn't Link wear his earring on the "gay" side in Ocarina of Time? (Or was it a different game? I know it was Link.)
Do people still believe/talk about the earring-on-the-gay-side idea? I haven't heard this in a long time.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years

The way it's worded makes me think that it won't accept anyone doing HRT unless they are someone like they mention. That's also quite sad, but I don't know enough about the process to know if it might actually affect your blood so I can't be sure if it's just more of the same or a valid reason.
I don't see how it could make more of a difference than menopausal HRT, but then again I don't really know what kind of dosage menopausal women take so I can't compare very well.
I know I heard something about blood clotting easier on HRT but I assumed it was related to the stress your body goes through metabolising the stuff. /sadly sadly underinformed xD

I think I was on anti-androgens when I last donated blood. Spironolactone was not on the list of warning medications (nor was any kind of hormone that I saw) so I'm not overly worried. :/

Do people still believe/talk about the earring-on-the-gay-side idea? I haven't heard this in a long time.
I always thought it was more of a joke to begin with.

Which side is gay? Is it left?

Ignore the awful quality. :p

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sexuality isn't a problem for me giving blood...it's my weight, haha. I don't weigh enough to give blood, and tbh, I hate needles.

Now stuff...

What is you age? What is your age-range for dating (minimum/maximum)?

I'm 19, but I won't date anyone younger than 19. Every time I hit a new age, I think back to how I was at the previous age and I just start thinking "man x is so young!" so even 18 seems young to me lol. The highest I would date would probably be...I wanna say 21. Cause at my uni, 21 is the average graduating age, so I mean, need to get them while they're still in school, you feel me? ;) lol And it's not too far from 19. I'm really weird with ages, I know haha. 22 maybe, but that's pushing it. I do like someone who is 21 though! Though I look about 13-15, so I don't think a lot of older people would wanna be seen with me. lol They'd look like pedos.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I'm looking at the American Red Cross's website right now under the eligibility criteria page and under the section for HIV/AIDS it says, among other things:

So it doesn't outright say you can't, just that "you should not if you are at risk" which probably means the same thing and you'll be stopped if you try. Kinda makes you angry that they consider any gay male sex to put you at risk when HIV/AIDS is something anyone could have, but then they do list about a hundred things that can make you ineligible and I'm sure a lot of them are just as unreasonable.

That's actually a federal regulation. It is prohibited for men who have had sex with since 1977 to donate blood in the United States. It is enforced by those who fit that description from being deferred from donating blood for life. (21 CFR 864).
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/QuestionsaboutBlood/ucm108186.htm

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Yep, if you say you're a male that's had sex with a male, you're auto-banned from giving blood. Sooooo... I'll just keep giving blood 'til I am no longer a virgin. And then they'll lose my supply of A+ blood. :)

What is you age? What is your age-range for dating (minimum/maximum)?
I'm 22, almost 23. (Wowww, hard to believe that!) I'd guess +-4 years, so the youngest I'd go is like 18/19 and I'd go up to 26/27.

Though the guy I am after is 21 >D Should just get him drunk...~

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

I don't know. I was reminded of it when Family Guy came on. The scene from the one posted above. I'm still curious about Link wearing it.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I don't know. I was reminded of it when Family Guy came on. The scene from the one posted above. I'm still curious about Link wearing it.
Ooh, I found this.
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071211231930AA6GrSG

Answerererererer said:
Originally if a man in North America had his left ear pierced it meant that he was gay and sexually dominant, and having his right ear pierced meaning gay and sexually submissive.

Gradually, it evolved to a man with his right ear pierced perceived as being gay and a man with his left ear being pierced perceived as being straight.

Now, it just means a pierced ear.

(Men getting their ear pierced originated with pirates; the value of the earring was meant to pay for their burial if they were lost at sea and their body washed ashore).

Soooooooooo Link is gay and submissive?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
According to this one flash video he is. It's on Newgrounds. I'll post a link (lol) when I find it. Basically Zelda and Saria are a couple, Link and Ganondorf are a couple, and the Triforce is a symbol for gay straight and bi.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I think I'll just drop by here to leave this for the entertainment of everyone here:
Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think people who think joining Facebook groups will actually change something are ridiculous. Even if they had managed to get anywhere near 1 million (or hell, even anywhere near one thousand lmao) what would it accomplish?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I think people who think joining Facebook groups will actually change something are ridiculous. Even if they had managed to get anywhere near 1 million (or hell, even anywhere near one thousand lmao) what would it accomplish?
-Thinks up a snappy comeback- Ummm . . . it would be a pretty number? :3

Anyway yeah, I agree. I don't really join any Facebook groups (I make a few exceptions but only one per theme, like I wouldn't join two groups that are both LGBT themed.) because I don't really think it would help anything. xD
Also I can't stand when people make little groups called "I hate [[insert celebrity's name here]]!!!!!!!!111one" because the Facebook rules actually explicitly state you don't make hate groups. :/

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I don't think the goal of most groups like that is really to bring about any great change, but to change the opinions of as many individual people as possible. Or maybe just to be a place for people to feel at home.

In the case of the anti-gay groups, I think it's just random people being too scared to show their hate in real life, so they just troll online.

That said, I've never even been to Facebook once, so I don't know what they're actually like.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
You are a facebook virgin! lol

It's nothing special. People just like to use it to keep in touch with friends, creep on others, or to feel important. haha. I rarely use it myself. The groups do not do much, for the most part. Basically you join, and then you comment about a topic or updates; so it basically like a thread on here. lol.

Back