• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
I doubt she'll have a Wheezing, considering that since she only has two pokemon, they probably wont have something evolved. Most of the first gym leaders don't. She'll probably have 2 koffings or something.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I like the idea of her using a Koffing in her team, to be completely honest.

I'd like to see a gym featuring the alien psychic Pokemon. Maybe like, later in the game the gym Leader have Beheeyem as his/her main Pokemon? And then the gym itself be like a crater field and designed to look like the surface of the moon/Mars, and you use what looks like mine carts on tracks to get from point A to point B in the gym!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Iris if she return will proably have a flygon, or a kingdra, maybe even a dragonite :D!
I see the poison girl having an Ekans or Arbok ( a call back to Team rocket much?)

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
I really want to see double battle gym leaders again. They can probably pull off triple battle gym leaders, which I wish they had done for the first gym leader in Black and White.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I think it would be cool if they removed the three leaders from the starter gym, and then they ended up being N's bodyguards (Shadow trio? Can't remember, but that rings a bell)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I really want to see double battle gym leaders again. They can probably pull off triple battle gym leaders, which I wish they had done for the first gym leader in Black and White.

With Opelucid looking the way it is, it's very possible to have a double battle against the two leaders up there tbh. I would like that, would be kinda challenging considering they have a wider range of Pokemon options now and how powerful Dragons are!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I doubt she'll have a Wheezing, considering that since she only has two pokemon, they probably wont have something evolved. Most of the first gym leaders don't. She'll probably have 2 koffings or something.
That would suck. It's like Elesa and her two Emolga. I want variety and not repeated Pokémon on their team, if anything Koffing and Scolipede would be the best for her.

I like the idea of her using a Koffing in her team, to be completely honest.

I'd like to see a gym featuring the alien psychic Pokemon. Maybe like, later in the game the gym Leader have Beheeyem as his/her main Pokemon? And then the gym itself be like a crater field and designed to look like the surface of the moon/Mars, and you use what looks like mine carts on tracks to get from point A to point B in the gym!
I can't see them rebuilding their gym after the Elite Four, haha. But that sounds pretty cool. Seems like it would more fit a Psychic type Gym? I'd rather not have one if we're going to have a Poison type (and hopefully a Dark type too!).

@Toujours - You're actually right. An Iris and Drayden double battleee! Very cool.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Aaaah! A Dark Type gym would be so awesome. The pokemon are awesome and I'm sure they would make a way to make the gym look so cool and creepy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

With Opelucid looking the way it is, it's very possible to have a double battle against the two leaders up there tbh. I would like that, would be kinda challenging considering they have a wider range of Pokemon options now and how powerful Dragons are!

Yessss. And perhaps the Pokemon would vary depending on the version you have, like for B2, Iris has Haxorus, and for W2, Drayden has Haxorus. :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

The way Opelucid city is is the same as on the original map. Its just to show possible Game difference. White is old fashioned, Black is more modern.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The way Opelucid city is is the same as on the original map. Its just to show possible Game difference. White is old fashioned, Black is more modern.

Even with that they still could have a double battle. ;x To mix it up, you know? Make things more interesting!

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012

Well, hopefully they don't make Dragons the last gym again because Dragons get annoying. Have they said anything on where the starting town is?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I was thinking they could switch it up and have the sequels have half of the modern Opelucid and half old fashioned, but then I realized we have two sequels. u__u

I think a triple battle gym battle would be more suitable, and I'd like to see that. :( But if Cilan/Cress/Chili are gone, I wonder how that could work out.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Maybe they'll create some other trio to fight. But they would have to use 3 pokemon that are very similar to each other. Like Panpour, Pansear, and Pansage. What other pokemon are like that?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
After hearing that Azuril will appear early on in the game I think that the water gym leader will have Marill or maybe even Azumarill, I can also see him having a member of the Politoad, and Semitoad lines due to his gym having lilipad...maybe he could even have a lotad line pokemon.

Bobbyman46

Brony
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
He will probably have Ludicolos and stuff like that. If that's the case, I hope the music is really good. Like the Mirror B. music from Pokemon Colosseum.

TRiGa

Eeveelutions Rule
Years
Homika (Posion-Type Gym Leader)

Homika - Poison-type Gym Leader

I was wandering what pokemon do you think she would use in the gym battle. I also want to know what you guys think of what her gym badge will be called.

I speculate
-Koffing
-Venipede

Gym Badge - Acid Badge

blue

gucci
Years
I personally love her but yeah it's fun to speculate her team, badge etc.

I'd guess assuming she's the first gym leader:

Foongus Level 12.
Trubbish Level 14
Also something is telling me Skorupi but kinda positive that they will be Unova based so it could also be venipede.

I think the badge will be something like the Tainted Badge or Toxic Badge.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Koffing is in her Anime Team, so Koffing is almost a definite part of her team.

As for second....I honestly don't know seeing as I don't know what other Poison types are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back