• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
how do i access hidden grottos, because ive been looking on route 7 for ages for the grotto cause i want to get a Growlithe, so how can i get into the grotto?

Go to the top of the patch of grass. The fifth tile from the left, press A on the tree. That's the hidden grotto. If there's nothing there, walk 255 steps to reload an item or pokemon. Repeat until you get a growlithe.

I have found a pretty bad bug in the game. While not gamebreaking it is really annoying when you haven't saved in a while.

The swimmer just before you enter lost cave has 3 Pokémon. I have had no problems fighting Jellicent, but both Tentacruel and Golem have a move called " !" which causes the game to crash.

This is a known bug. Just avoid the trainer.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 7, 2017
where can the dawn stone be located in this game? I need one for my Kirlia cause i dont wanna put evolving it into Gallade off

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 7, 2017
Go to the top of the patch of grass. The fifth tile from the left, press A on the tree. That's the hidden grotto. If there's nothing there, walk 255 steps to reload an item or pokemon. Repeat until you get a growlithe.

so it doesnt always reload an item or pokemon after 255 steps. This a glitch or could i be doing something wrong?

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Found a small problem, and I have no idea why it happened. Played through most of the game and got to Cinnabar Island when I noticed that an the berry case was corrupted. Figured it was fine since I never used berries anyway, so I moved it to the bottom of the Key Items pocket, but around 10 minutes later, the TM case was corrupted, which means that the game is literally impossible to complete since I didn't have a Pokemon with Strength.

It's entirely possible that it was due to a bad ROM, but it's always better to be safe than sorry

EDIT: Also, does anyone know where to get the Spell Tag item? I'm wanting to evolve my Haunter but I can't find it anywhere
It's been a while since I played but I remember how to get the spell tag. There's this bat pokemon (I can't remember the name) the replaces Zubat in Mount Moon. Catch one of those with the ability that allows you to see if a while pokemon is holding an item. Then teach it thief. Wild haunters in the Pokemon tower hold the Spell tag.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 15, 2017
It's looking good! Keep it up, I'm looking forward to playing it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Tried patching a rom so I could play this but the game always freezes immediately after I choose the starter. Anyone know how to fix this?

Years
Hi guys. Can someone pls help me point out where to find the mega stones. I kinda grew weary looking for them but i can't seem to find not even one. It's hard to to tell the difference between the normal trees and the one that has grotoes on it. Pls send help ??????

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hi guys. Can someone pls help me point out where to find the mega stones. I kinda grew weary looking for them but i can't seem to find not even one. It's hard to to tell the difference between the normal trees and the one that has grotoes on it. Pls send help ������

You can only find mega stones after you beat the elite four for the first time. As you said, they're in the hidden grottos. They're also really, really rare.
To simplify your search the grottos are in:

Spoiler:

For specific locations, some people posted pictures earlier on in the thread.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Hey guys, are the E4 legendaries completely random or are they chosen among those you don't already own ? Thanks !

Back