• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

❆Welcome to the Gym, Time to Test Your Might❆ (Gym Leaders' Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Homika or Roxie? Which name do you prefer?

Roxie ! That sounds cute and bubbly, and I don't really like the pronounciation of Homika.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Homika or Roxie? Which name do you prefer?

Roxie ! That sounds cute and bubbly, and I don't really like the pronounciation of Homika.

Slightly odd question, but how is Homika pronounced? o3o Is it like Hom-eek-ah or Hom-ick-ah or? I've always wondered but I've never known how to find out paha. Although either way, I don't think Homia is meant to sound 'cute and bubbly', is she? xD Isn't she meant to be quite a tough/attitudey kind of gym leader? o3o

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Slightly odd question, but how is Homika pronounced? o3o Is it like Hom-eek-ah or Hom-ick-ah or? I've always wondered but I've never known how to find out paha. Although either way, I don't think Homia is meant to sound 'cute and bubbly', is she? xD Isn't she meant to be quite a tough/attitudey kind of gym leader? o3o
Well if you take a look at previous Poison gym leaders (have there even been any others than Koga and Janine? lol), then it'd make most sense for her to be tough, and it also appears she's like that. Though as for both of the names, none of them really makes her sound like she's like that. Honestly I think Roxie is much closer to being a "tough" name than Homika, though I still prefer the latter :p

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Name:Blues
Your Gym Leader:Chili
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!):Emboar , and Darumaka.
Why have you joined to be trained:If i'm going to be the very best I better star now...
Answer Current Topic:I prefer Homika.Roxie sounds a little too normal for a poison type gym leader rock star.

Olli

Years
Welcome to the club Blues! Hope you'll have fun :D

Any specific reason you chose Chili exactly? I personally like him the best out of the Striaton trio because he just appears to have such an interesting, fiery personality, however I don't know about you.

Seems there isn't much more to this topic, so we'll be moving on :D

Which of the gym leaders, excluding Brock, Misty and Cilan, do you like the most based on their anime appearance? If you haven't watched the anime, feel free to just tell which gym leader you like the most.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to the club Blues! Hope you'll have fun :D

Any specific reason you chose Chili exactly? I personally like him the best out of the Striaton trio because he just appears to have such an interesting, fiery personality, however I don't know about you.
Cilan Cilan Cilan Cilan Cilan ;; Chili just sits there eating donuts the whole time!

tumblr_m5tukmRkyP1qm11d7.gif

That is not how a gym leader should act! He just gets up and leaves his gym because he's having a tantrum then rather than doing anything about it, he rids the world of donuts like a complete pig! D: For these reasons, Cilan is the best <3 Oh, and he's also the most adorable gym leader by far:

Cilan_watching_a_train.jpg

Anyway, on to the topic!

Which of the gym leaders, excluding Brock, Misty and Cilan, do you like the most based on their anime appearance?
Cilaaannnnn ;; I'm gonna have to go with... ahh there's so many to choose from D: I'll go with Elesa! She had such impressive stature that it was great to see her working. The way she confronted Bianca's father was great to see and she was unbelievably friendly. Plus whilst in battle she was incredibly skilled and knew exactly what she was doing, and the twist with Tympole was great to see :3 I'm just sad that the battle wasn't longer, I'd love to have seen her fight a full 6v6 battle. It's a shame Ash was such a nub with the Palpitoad choice or maybe he'd have given her a better battle D;

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Which of the gym leaders, excluding Brock, Misty and Cilan, do you like the most based on their anime appearance?
Elesa.I don't know what it is , but there was something about her appearance that I loved.Maybe it was her clothes.Maybe it was her personality.I really don't know.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

Cilan Cilan Cilan Cilan Cilan ;; Chili just sits there eating donuts the whole time!

tumblr_m5tukmRkyP1qm11d7.gif

That is not how a gym leader should act! He just gets up and leaves his gym because he's having a tantrum then rather than doing anything about it, he rids the world of donuts like a complete pig! D: For these reasons, Cilan is the best <3 Oh, and he's also the most adorable gym leader by far:

Cilan_watching_a_train.jpg
This post made my day. ;) rofl
I never really watched the anime but I do remember liking Volkner's attitude a lot.

Queen of Poison

I love Muk
Years

Which of the gym leaders, excluding Brock, Misty and Cilan, do you like the most based on their anime appearance? If you haven't watched the anime, feel free to just tell which gym leader you like the most.

I like Wattson best because he is an awesome fun leader. But I like Roxie too but I haven't see her yet in the anime.

Olli

Years
Ownership of the club has been changed back to Sector Revenge at his request

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013

I haven't watched much anime, but I'll give my answer based on the game.
Liza & Tate, hehe. Not only because I'm dedicated to Psychic type, I also had trouble with Lunatone and that Claydol(seriously, psychic always gets me in a bind).

Also, welcome Blues!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
SpriteSabrina.png
Spr_B2W2_Sabrina.png

^The major change in hair I especially love, but she's by far got my favorite sprite even among the rest! Which is why, if I somehow missed it, I would love to see her appearance in this new style in the Anime episodes.

I like Wattson best because he is an awesome fun leader. But I like Roxie too but I haven't see her yet in the anime.
I haven't seen the Anime yet, I should probably put 30 minutes out of my life just to watch the episode she's in. I'm actually quite interesting. Though if she is a rockstar, I really expect her to be rockhard crazy or something haha. I hope I'm not wrong :x Usually I am so...
Spoiler:

^Got a present for you Queen of Poison (& other Homika fans, of course)^

I haven't watched much anime, but I'll give my answer based on the game.
Liza & Tate, hehe. Not only because I'm dedicated to Psychic type, I also had trouble with Lunatone and that Claydol(seriously, psychic always gets me in a bind).

Also, welcome Blues!
As twins, I do expect them to be crazy with one another, picking on each other, having that little rivalry etc. Very good choices here!

Also, I'd like to welcome to Blues & Queen to this club!

Mentalii

Back
Years

I'm pretty sure it's "Hom-ick-ah" :)
As she's already a tough/attitudey kind of gym leader, a cute name's gentle her, and sounds determined at the same time... And I meant bubbly in the sense of someone energetic, like she is.

SABRINA !! Wow, her anime appearance was unique. She fascinated and scared me when I was younger.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
"Hom-ick-ah"

SABRINA !! Wow, her anime appearance was unique. She fascinated and scared me when I was younger.
The name is pretty slick with "Hom-ick-ah" sounding. I love it!

Also I thought I would be the only one who likes Sabrina around here. Awesome! She was freaky at first, I didn't like her. I didn't like her until her new appearance overall in Generation II (& looked ever better in Generation IV & V!).

Which leads me to my next topic question:

Which 2 Gym Leaders impress you the most with their newer, recent appearances since their debut?

Olli

Years

As I've said it lots of times before, I loved Pryce's anime appearance. Completely different from what I expected him to be, as he appeared to be cold hearted and I really questioned why he was a gym leader if he hated Pokémon as much as he made it out to be. I just loved how it was later explained why he was like that, and that he once again got reunited with his childhood Pokemon friend, as well as getting back the love he once had from Pokemon. I'd like to mention Skyla too, not because I didn't like her, but because my reaction to her was kinda similar to how I had it with Pryce, except my opinion of her didn't change. If she wasn't read to face to obligations that came with being a gym leader, she should never have taken on the position, and any person with common sense would realise that air battles could never be precise enough to determine a battle, at least if you're following the logic of the anime. While it may work out in the games, suprises lie at every corner. Even if your Pokémon were underleveled and if the opponent's team had a greater advantage in typing, with good movesets and lots of potions ready, you could probably pull off winning. So yeah, she was notable because she was stupid.

Which 2 Gym Leaders impress you the most with their newer, recent appearances since their debut?

I'm kinda confused by this topic. If you mean with the B2W2 gym leaders, 2 is kinda of an irrational number, since most of them haven't even been seen yet, though if it's all the gym leaders, which is more likely, I don't have a clue. I still haven't played any of the newer games yet (that means all the way back to HG/SS), which is from that point I think most of the gym leader have had their appearances, and in the anime it's been quite a while since the last.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I'm not sure to understand your topic neither :/ Do you mean, in the animé or in the video game?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I'm kinda confused by this topic. If you mean with the B2W2 gym leaders, 2 is kinda of an irrational number, since most of them haven't even been seen yet, though if it's all the gym leaders, which is more likely, I don't have a clue. I still haven't played any of the newer games yet (that means all the way back to HG/SS), which is from that point I think most of the gym leader have had their appearances, and in the anime it's been quite a while since the last.

... Yeah I'm kinda going with this reply haha. I don't particularly know what you're asking, but the only time gym leaders have had a reappearance recently that I can think of is in BW2 which I haven't actually played, and I'm not really sure what you're looking for by "impressed" in relation to this... x] But I'll try answering, although it has spoilers from BW2 so I'll spoiler it. :D

Spoiler:

Queen of Poison

I love Muk
Years
I got a topic. Hope it hasn't already been said.

Create your own gym leader.

Try to include

Name
Type
Pokemon
Appearance
Gym layout
Badge
And anything else I didn't add.

Name: Becki
Type: Electric
Pokemon: Voltorb level 28 Electrode Level 30 Jolteon level 33 She is the 4th gym leader of the region.
Badge: Speed badge. It is a motorbike.
Appearance: Becki is a teenage girl about 17-18 with long blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. She wears a black and yellow bike riding suit, black boots and yellow gloves.
Gym Layout: When you first walk into the gym there are 3 motorbikes you can choose from. Pick the fastest bike to go straight to the gym leader. Pick the wrong bikes and you must face a trainer. The gym look all futuristic and so do the motorbikes.
A little bit about Becki: Becki was in a family with 6 brothers. Her brothers loved riding motorbikes so Becki had to go with them to ride motorbikes. She tried riding a motorbike one day, she loved it so much that she wanted to go ride bikes everyday. When Becki was 16 she wanted to become a gym leader. So when she became a gym leader not long after, she decided to decorate the gym with motorbikes since she loves them so much. Becki looks like a girly girl but acts like a tomboy.

Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back