• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Migrating to Gen 6

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think it's pretty much a given we'll be able to migrate to Gen VI. With the large focus on competitive battling, I think it would be a big middle finger to anyone who'd want to use Pokemon they've been training since 2003 if they can't migrate them over.

Well even if there is no migration, chances are EV training and such could be made easier, and even not, it's easy enough to do that as it is so it wouldn't take that long. :x Plus it'd give an excuse for R/S remakes.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The only reason for no migration is if they want to block PokéGen entirely.

Which will be no use as long as PP manages to hack into 6th gen saves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Even though migrating from Gen V is pretty much a given (and from Gen IV, possibly), and I do actually want it, at the same time, I'm kind of hoping that they don't include it.

It would be so awesome if the region was big enough, and the after-game areas were big enough, that you could literally find every Pokémon with just X and Y. It'd be so cool to go out and recatch every Pokémon in 3D - sure it'd suck for competitive battlers, but, I don't do that, so I don't really care wouldn't be too torn up.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
^Woot, I'm not alone!
It would also be a great entry point to competititive battling with everyone starting over and having new teams. Let's face it; if there was migration, then RNG'ing can just happen in G5 and shinies can be 'artifically obtained'(meaing not naturally and just by pure luck), which sucks for us that ONLY obtain natural shinies. If they cut us off, and the new values for 3ds somehow restrict RNG'ing, that would be awesome.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2014
LOL transfering is not so amusing. I just used cheat codes on games and presto.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
X/Y compatibility

Hey Everyone!
I was wondering, and this might be an interesting topic to talk about but, do you think Pokemon X/Y will be compatible with previous generations, for example Black/White and their sequels, or do you think they will draw a line because of all the new features it supposedly has, plus the extremely better graphics and the sprites, now being full 3D models, do you think we could trade between them? Discuss!
~ Lunar

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hey Everyone!
I was wondering, and this might be an interesting topic to talk about but, do you think Pokemon X/Y will be compatible with previous generations, for example Black/White and their sequels, or do you think they will draw a line because of all the new features it supposedly has, plus the extremely better graphics and the sprites, now being full 3D models, do you think we could trade between them? Discuss!
~ Lunar
Since the topic of migrating and compatibility go hand in hand and migrating Pokémon is likely to come up when discussing cross generation compatibility, I've merged your thread here.

I don't know if we'll be able to trade between fourth and fifth gen games with X and Y, but like mentioned, I believe migrating is probable. When you compare the first two generations with the third gen, the reason why they weren't compatible was because the GameBoy Color and the Advance were two completely different systems whereas the 3DS and the DS still share commonalities with one another.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Migrating should be much more streamlined this gen, especially with the Digital Download version if they release it on eShop. Plop your black 2 into the game slot, load Pokemon X/Y click transfer from game slot and boom you have your Pokemon transferred. At worst they should just give us a transfer app which allows it to read your BW/B2W2 cart, stores your Pokemon temporarily, and then send them off to X/Y.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Since X/Y will be in 3DS GF should probably have something easy and simple to use without is consuming too much time since some people might have over 600 pokemon.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Which is what I described. Mass transferring either through a tool for those who don't who don't/can't get the download version of the game if there is one, or a direct transfer system with the download version and whatever game is in the slot.

jjepic180

Elite 4 Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 4, 2013
I hope we can migrate. I'm not too fond of new Pokemon being released so I would need that.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
If they would introduce new types like some people suggested, no. Introducing completely new mechanics would ruin previous gen pokemon's power and so leave them at a total disadvantage, and so they'd have to balance out and so transfer would be impossible. If not, I can't see why not, except for them getting fans angered. Would be kinda stupid IMO.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope the transfer game will be fun to play. I enjoyed Pal park in gen IV, however Gen 5's wasn't all that fun. Maybe they can make a short mini game in which we use a Porygon to get our transfered Pokémon over to our side, while blasting foreign intruders. Though Porygon may not be the best option due to the seisure episode...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope the transfer game will be fun to play. I enjoyed Pal park in gen IV, however Gen 5's wasn't all that fun. Maybe they can make a short mini game in which we use a Porygon to get our transfered Pokémon over to our side, while blasting foreign intruders. Though Porygon may not be the best option due to the seisure episode...

I don't want a transfer game at all. :x It took a while to get used to Unova's and a transfer game is useless, so... they should just make it easy and direct imo.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years

I dont understand Porygon's issue with the banned episode to the game. Anime has no influence with the reception of the games. Anyway the idea with Porygon is very interesting since the systems have gone alot more advance.

Back