• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Abilities Speculation Thread!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Color Change #2 (Yeah, I am too lazy to think of a name xD)
Whenever this Pokémon prepares to use a move its type changes to match that moves' type. (non-damaging moves included) It can also be great if it works as Color Change too. :D
Max STAB, yeah! :p

I like that ability! :3
Maximum STAB for every attacking move, nice! And it could also work defensively, if the opponent uses a fighting move, just use a ghost move and his attack will have no effect!
Actually, come to think of it that seems too overpowered...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
STAB for everything sounds amazing. But would they actually do that? I know what MRAS said but it really does seem too strong, lol.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
DIE TWILIGHTSKY (Love you Derk <3)!

Giving an ability that gives EVERY type STAB is a little bit crazy. I mean Adaptability sort of does that by making everything Normal typed, but at least Normal isn't an overpowering type in the slightest. This would just be overpowered.

Years
Then it can be an ability that converts the user into the type of the last used move. :] And get STAB next turn if you're fast enough.
Can allow some combos like Nasty Plot > STAB Dark Pulse/Snarl, Sunny Day > STAB OP Flamethrower, Swords Dance > STAB Body Slam/Return, Stealth Rock > STAB Stone Edge, Detect > STAB Mach Punch, Trick Room > STAB Psychic .. xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
DIE TWILIGHTSKY (Love you Derk <3)!

Giving an ability that gives EVERY type STAB is a little bit crazy. I mean Adaptability sort of does that by making everything Normal typed, but at least Normal isn't an overpowering type in the slightest. This would just be overpowered.

Adaptability increases the power of STAB from 1.5 to x2. Normalize changes all attacks used by the ability owner into Normal attacks. Also Feebas, Basculin, Corphish and Crawdaunt have Adaptability too and it is utilized very well on the Water; Water/Dark types.

I would like to see another variation or more spread of Adaptability though.

Years
Ancient Guard - Priority moves can't damage this Pokémon. However, super efective attacks (x2) do double damage (x4).

I'd love to see this in Archeops, for example.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Fly - would increase the flying type attacks by 50% if health is half.

Maybe instead of half health it could be 1/3. Kind of like Overgrowth / Blaze / Torrent / Swarm. That would make more sense at least. It would be nice to see a bit more type variation with these moves (even if they are generally not that useful if another more...appetizing ability is available).

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
What about an ability which that doubles the power of all its moves when strucked by a Super Effective Attack?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think it's too overpowered. I mean when you have stuff where your attack is raised EXTREMELY HIGH when there's a critical hit... then having your own power doubled with a super effective attack isn't that bad especially if they have bad defence.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
How about an ability that decreases the foe's accuracy by one stage just like intimidate?
I would luv this ability on serperior..

Years
An ability that decrease Accuracy and works just as easy as Intimidate is something I personally would hate. :x
Maybe if it needs some kind of a condition or a counterpart.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Maybe it's just me but I'd find that totally overpowering. I'd be cool with something that would maybe give you the same boost/half the boost (accounting for rounding!) as your opponent, but as far taking away they boost from them not so much. Preventing something from boosting outside of having to use a moveslot for Taunt or something just seems too strong.

Years
Yeah, it would totally kill the stallers. What if the effect triggers only once while the Pokémon is in battle?
Also, I hope that Frisk and Forewarn will include both foes in double battles, not like I care about these ability but maybe that way they will be less useless.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe they could take the move (and given the choice to replace one of the abilities user's four if they have four moves temporary of course)? or maybe Disable it? That way Frisk would be more effective.

Back