• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga One-Punch Man

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years

One-Punch Man

anime-ve-phong-tom-nhat-ban-ro-ri-tap-dau-tien_ddbb68bb74.jpg

In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams "AVERAGE," from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn't have your average problem... He's actually a superhero that's looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Sep 6, 2015 to ?
Producers: Madhouse, TV Tokyo, Viz MediaL
Genres: Action, Comedy, Parody, Sci-Fi, Seinen, Super Power, Supernatural

So who else is looking forward to this?

derozio

Years
The manga on which this is based on doesn't have enough content for much more. The original series by ONE has the content but this anime is based on the manga and not the original. So I guess 12 episodes it is. If it helps them keep the quality that they had in episode 1 on a consistent basis, then why the **** not?!

DID YOU GUYS ****ING SEE EPISODE ONE'S ANIMATION!?!?

BEST ****ING INTRO EPISODE EVER.

I didn't think I'd see something anytime soon that surpassed Fate UBW's fight animation. But nope. OPM just blew it away in one shot. God damn it. SO AMAZING.

That last sequence was so ****ing well animated I had goosebumps. My god.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I didn't think they'd do the manga justice but they did.

They ****ing did.

Holy ****ing **** we have a masterpiece in the making.

derozio

Years
That's a lot of asterisks so I guess I should give it a try.
WATCH IT NOW.
WILL NOT REGRET IT.
NAO.
NOW.
PLIS.

And then come back here and tell us how amazing it was with loads of asterisks too lmao

derozio

Years
Episode 2.

GENOS.
MAD ANIMATION AGAIN.
ONE-WHACK AND SPLAT.
SENSEI!
SUPER-EXPOSITION AND SUPER COUNTER TO IT!

and some seemingly generic scientist-experiment plotline on the horizon. Episode 2 was every bit as crazy as episode 1 and has already started introducing our other protagonists. Genos is cool and his exposition scene was super well done. Wish more anime recognize it and make it similar to how OPM did it. <3; Really looking forward to the next one!

This and Haikyuu! are the only series apart from, say, Monogatari series, that keeps me on the edge of my seat. This for different reasons than the other two but it really manages to pull it off. Amazing action and on-point comedy. <3;

derozio

Years
Episode 3, 4 and 5 were fantastic. Y'all, A&M fegs, are missing out. On SO much. :(

You're pretty much getting fight scenes of this quality on a weekly basis. SO GOOD. <3

Episode 5 set things up what with the introduction of the hero association. Things are only gonna get REALLY good from now onwards. :D

Years

This video's better @Dero. That one you linked to cut out some scenes. D:

This is a pretty great show though. Didn't think I'd be into it but the comedy is top-notch and I adoooore Saitama and Genos' interactions. That most recent fight scene between them was absolutely insane. Music is great too (especially the opening)!!

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
dude i am completely with you, this show is SO HYPE.

it's gotten to the point now where i'm becoming way too impatient for episodes and want to read the manga... but then i'm worried about "spoiling" the anime and it's so conflicting uugh. i really should read it huh? Saitama became a true favorite of mine after episode 1, and i need more materiaaaal.

that fight scene between him and Genos was ridiculous. THAT PUNCH'S FORCE PARTED THE CLOUDS, MAN.

and on that day... Genos realized he needs to.. how you say.. git gud.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
this anime is ****ing Great

i can't remember the last time i was this impatient for new episodes of an anime

derozio

Years
Edit: In case you don't see the images and see hotlinking images instead, click here to check the images out. They're all screencaps I took from this page, anyway.
All those reaction faces from Episode 6. Saitama really does make some amazing expressions XD;
Spoiler:

-snip-

This video's better @Dero. That one you linked to cut out some scenes. D:

This is a pretty great show though. Didn't think I'd be into it but the comedy is top-notch and I adoooore Saitama and Genos' interactions. That most recent fight scene between them was absolutely insane. Music is great too (especially the opening)!!
I saw that video and was gonna link it but I REALLY dislike borders (even if they're there for avoiding copyright and are a necessity ;___;). But yeah, that one's better!

Genos and Saitama are, easily, OTP of the season. Their bonding is just golden and they compliment each other very, very well haha. I love how their interactions lead to some especially hilarious scenes - for example, the one in the latest episode? Where Saitama ends up spouting a bunch of random stuff pulled outta his ass just to try and satisfy Genos XD; And manages to do it so convincingly while making that awkward face haha XD;

this anime is ****ing Great

i can't remember the last time i was this impatient for new episodes of an anime
YES, exactly. This is one of the few shows this season, apart from Haikyuu S2, that get me excited to the point that I crave the next episode that very same moment - as soon as I finish watching an episode, I mean. The action, the comedy, the production values - everything is just so perfectly handled that I don't even know what to say. <3;

dude i am completely with you, this show is SO HYPE.

it's gotten to the point now where i'm becoming way too impatient for episodes and want to read the manga... but then i'm worried about "spoiling" the anime and it's so conflicting uugh. i really should read it huh? Saitama became a true favorite of mine after episode 1, and i need more materiaaaal.

that fight scene between him and Genos was ridiculous. THAT PUNCH'S FORCE PARTED THE CLOUDS, MAN.

and on that day... Genos realized he needs to.. how you say.. git gud.
That hole, created entirely by wind pressure, was INSANE. Genos' reaction to it was very amusing and I probably would've just stood there motionless for a good while if I were him - that definitely would've been a LOT to take in at once haha XD;

Talking of parting the clouds...ahem, you are REALLY gonna love the last arc that this anime will cover. I can't wait to see your reaction to THAT part. Look forward to the animu is all I can say at this point - don't wanna spoil the good stuff to ya'all, y'know. :3

And I see both Tatsumaki and Fubuki have been introduced. OPM just gained best waifu material:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

derozio

Years
God damn it, the image appears just fine on my end. In case you see a hotlink image, go here and check the pics out themselves
http://randomc.net/2015/11/08/one-punch-man-06/

I most definitely am not gonna bother uploading them somewhere myself lol.
Yup, beautiful hotlinking expressions xD

Tatsumaki best girl.

Also, funny they put my no.2 and no.3 as their seiyuus, #basedMADHOUSE.
Who are your best no.2 and no.3 seiyuus? I know no. 1 and I'm guessing 2 and 3 are Saori Hayami and Miyuki Sawashiro or something?

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
Years
Indeed, this anime looks promising from its animation to soundtrack. I always find myself getting excited on the fight scenes and laughing on the comedic reactions of the partners, Saitama and Genos.
As for the opening, I never realized I would like this kind of music. It really suits the anime.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Watched everything that's out so far during the weekend. I've seen people talking about it for a few weeks but didn't really have the drive to check it out myself until my younger brother--who isn't even really into anime at all--asked me if I'd seen "Caillou anime" and sat me down to watch it. XD;

The animation is so good, the plot and characters are so perfectly over the top without being too silly? Like, they're definitely silly and based in silly concepts but they're handled so well that I take them seriously. I just love everything about this so far.

I don't have time now, but I'm definitely gonna check out the manga when school's done. And maybe the webcomic, too? Does anyone know if that's worth it? The art looks hilarious...

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
One punch an anime where one punch finishes all, never have i seen an anime like this i cant wait until there is someone that can finally challenge Saitama t but then it wouldn't be one punch if thats the case.

Back