• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PGPC] #7: The Next Eeveelution

Which Eeveelution is next?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome everyone to the new Pokémon General Polls and Chats series (aka PGPC for short)! PGPC is a new weekly event stemming from past series here in Pokémon General like the PokéPOTW and What Would You Do?, where we throw a topic at you every week to discuss and decide over. Sometimes these threads will be a deep dive into a certain parts of the franchise, or something as simple as pitting a couple Pokemon against each other to see who are your favorites! With something a little different going on every week, it's always a good idea to stop by and see what we're discussing in each PGPC!

Now with all that said, this week's topic is:

"What evolution of Eevee will we see next?"

After a little bit of a break, PGPC is back! There are no shortage of evolutions for Eevee (or, Eeveelutions), with the first-stage Pokemon evolving into one of eight others, depending on certain conditions. That said, there are still many more that we could see, with over half the type chart without a branch on the Eevee tree. Now that 2019 is here and gen 8 is just around the corner, do you think a new Eeveelution is in store, just like with all other even numbered gens? Or do you think we'll be stuck with what we've got? Let us know both in the poll, and with your replies!

Previous PGPC threads
#1 - #2 - #3 - #4 - #5 - #6

Years
I would like to see more branched evolutions slapped on older Pokémon (IIRC last ones were Gallade and Frostlass in Gen IV). But if they're going to give one more to Eevee, I want Poison-Type. Dragon-Type would be cool too, we need more cute dragons.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I would love a Dragon-type Eeveelution.

It would be a mixed attacker with decent speed. Potential Abilities would be No Guard, Hustle, Berserk or Moxie.

Possible movesets: Outrage, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Flamethrower, Crunch, Superpower, Aerial Ace, and Smart Strike.

As Eevee already gets Iron Tail, it would have two powerful and great moves that go very well with No Guard, should that be it's Ability.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
With all the focus on Eevee lately, I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least one new Eeveelution!

A part of me thinks that a recent episode may have been hinting at a Bug-Type Eeveelution. I'd love to see one based on a fuzzy moth! (Poodle moth, anyone?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Would be pretty cool to get another duo. Like perhaps a Steel or Fighting type with a "hero" theme to it, and a Poison type with a "villain" theme. In the anime, they would of course eventually show that the "villain" evo can be just as nice as the "hero" one, it's just devoted to darkness and more prone to scheming than most, maybe :3 or maybe it just got its villain reputation because it was poisonous.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I would love to see a Ghost type one personally.

This would be interesting. It might give more focus to strengthening ghost types again, too.

Beyond that, I would like to see Eeveelutions learn attacks that make them more special than just the fact that they all came from the same species.

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
The idea is that Eevee shape themselves to their environment, right? A poison type to suggest a place of squalor (like muk or garbador) in the next region would be kind of nifty, but so would a fighting type one, like it evolves into a fighting type after learning a certain fighting type move.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Don't really see the need for a new one, but I'd like to see a bug type eeveelution and how it would be pulled off.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Bug (hopefully not a bee/fennec/cat mix) and ghost type please

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'd like another duo instead of a single new Eevee Evolution. So, how about Poison and Ground Eevee evolutions? The Poison type one, obviously, to balance out Sylveon, and a Ground one to counter the Poison one. This is pretty much how it's always worked, anyway, until Sylveon came out.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
When answering this question, you have to factor in the mechanism required to evolve. Presently we have the following:

Kanto Eevolutions all evolve by Evolution stone.
Johto Eevolutions evolve by time of day.
Sinnoh Eevolutions evolve by location(mossy Rock or Icy Rock)
Kalos Eevolution by affection(aka Pokémon Amie)

I voted for Dragon Eevolution simply because it'd evolve via Dragon Scale(similar to Seadra into Kingdra). Conversely, they could update Glaceon&Leafeon to evolve via Ice and Leaf Stone respectively. Also, apparently Eevee evolves into Melmetal via Moonstone n LGPE lol. Interesting way to get a Steel Eevolution.

Years
No real reasoning behind my choice, but I think it would be fun to see a Poison type Eevee. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if it's Dragon type, just to round out the last of the remaining original special type groups.

If we are getting one though, then I'll put my money down on there being a new Eeveelution in gen 10 with a brand new type, just so we can follow the pattern of Eeveelution releases.

Back