• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You just KOed a shiny. What's your reaction?

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Break my handheld and never play again

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Here's my reaction...in detail.

A Lv 14 Wild Shiny Zubat appear! D:
Sends in my Lv 20 Sandshrew :3
Calls back Sandshrew and sends in my Lv 11 Mareep >:3
Wild Zubat uses Leech Life...take prolly 7 HP off. >_>
Uses Thunder Wave...Since Zubat's faster, it use Supersonic... )':
It misses and I get Thunder Wave off...and Para Zubat. :}
Uses Thundershock. Watches as Zubat's HP rolls down... :x
Me: Alright, cool...After it stop, it should be weak enough to capture.
Watches as it starts to go pass the yellow mark. :l
Me: What the? Okay...you can stop now...it's just a damn Thundershock.
Zubat's HP empties out...completely O_o
Me: Waaah? But Mareep's 3 levels under...
Suddenly "A Critical Hit" appears.
Me: -___-
You know, considering how often crits get in the way when trying to catch Pokemon, I get the feeling that Gen VI might introduce some sort of hold item that prevents critical hits. (Competitively, this could even be useful for Trick users) Somebody remember this prediction; I'll bet you it happens.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
I did that with a Shiny Zigzagoon. Running up and down training Poochyena in my Nuzlocke, and I came across a Shiny Zigzagoon, something I've wanted since I saw it was red. I was like, hell, screw Nuzlocke, and tried to lower it down to just right health. Then I got a crit :'( Needless to say, I killed my Poochyena.

I would feel like a failure ! I already do, cause I have been playing Pokemon Black for a total of 298:38 hours (Ive just checked) and havent ran into a shiny yet.

My friend who have been playing Black for about 30 hours caught a shiny Clefairy. My cousin who is also Black playing for about 20 hours, caught a shiny Trubbish .

I guess it's totally random *sigh*

Dude, I MAXED THE GAME CLOCK and still haven't found a random shiny on it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Can't say I would be awfully phased. If I really cared to get a shiny I would look into exploiting the RNG.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
When I began my Pokemon Emerald for the 4th time, I encountered a shiny poochyena. The only problem was: I still didn't have the pokeballs that time...so I had to kill it...
My first reaction was: LOL Face
Second: Processing realization *Pokerface*
Third: *Rageface* FUUUUUUUUUUU

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
I once KOed a shiny Onix in Crystal.
I just stared at it for a moment and then took a deep breath and played on. I'm not a huge fan of shinies so I don't really worry about it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the reason I had to KO it was because I only had one PokeBall, which was the Master Ball, in which I was intending to use it for something else. Looking back on it now that was kind of retarded of me, but.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
1st game, shiny at the beginning never again

I had my first game, Pokemon Ruby age 6-9 and going to the lab after beating May guess what? Shiny Male Poochyena Lv. 5 And of course no Pokeballs I hated it myself and everything To this day I never had nor seen one legitimate shiny... I would've loved him. :'(

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I've done it when I borrowed my brothers Saphire and Pearl games. I ran into tons of shinies, almost all were ko'd on accident (Or ko'd by that Mira in wayward cave...) , except this one Lotad I caught.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I didnt actually KO my first shiny, but it was on my FireRed version, it was a Mankey, one of my favorite pokemon too! But I caught it and immediately tried (notice tried) to transfer it to my Platinum. I Got all ready and it said I had no save on my FR and I went and checked, and it was gone. My only shiny Ive legitely found. Needless to say my game was shattered.

Red99

World Champion
Years
I was helping my little brother with Emerald a few weeks ago, and he told me a Poocheyana was a different color. I immediately took over the game, but unfortunately, he found it while he had only his strongest Pokemon. I fainted it in 1 hit, and just had a laugh about it. A couple days later, I caught a shiny tangela in Heart Gold.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Maybe I'll just go like this.
Aw, man! The shiny fainted...Fine.

So...I'll probably be a bit upset about it, but I would get over it pretty easily.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

That'd probably be my reaction to such a thing happening. I mean, with legendaries and such you're able to save just before the battle (excluding Mew when using the glitch in R/B. I remember I did it once, but wanted to wait with starting the battle because I wanted to show it to a friend, and it could be that Mew wouldn't appear again since it was a glitch, though my curiousity got the better of me, and I went just to look at it, and the next day I find out that I was right ):), and battle them again if something like that happens, but with shinies you only have one chance. So being out of balls or accidentally KO'ing it is the worst thing that'd ever happen :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'd yell and curse, probably throw my DS at the wall. I mean, I do that whenever I lose a gym battle anyway...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have never killed one but my very first one I ever encountered I falseswiped it to 1 hp then instead of throwing a pokeball... I ran from it. I raged and haven't played Ruby since, Hated that game ever since.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2013
I've done it a few times and took out a green Zubat the other day in Platinum and tbh I can't say it bothers me, I'm sure if I was actually looking for a specific Pokémon and ran into a shiny one and killed it I'd be kinda annoyed but meh. If a random wild Pokémon comes up while training/traveling and it is useless to me, being shiny doesn't change that, infact it just makes me faint them for the lols instead of simply running.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Ran out of pokeballs on a shiny onix. I stopped playing fire red for a week after that.

Back