• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
One thing I love about living in Tennessee is that they'll close school even when snow doesn't fall. The moment the weatherman tells us its going to snow they end up closing the school as a precaution. Its happened twice here already.

Sir Codin

I remember going to school here in California my school would have "mandatory snow days" assigned where even if it wasn't snowing, they had to cancel school for the day.

Apparently "mandatory snow day" has a less negative connotation than "furlough."

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I remember going to school here in California my school would have "mandatory snow days" assigned where even if it wasn't snowing, they had to cancel school for the day.

Apparently "mandatory snow day" has a less negative connotation than "furlough."

Mine did the same thing. It's not for that reason I believe - at least mine wasn't at all. For my school it was because we had a very short school year, short enough that a snow day would cause days to be added to the end of year. Because of that, we had days off built into the schedule, so if we had a snow day on another day, we would just come into school that day so we wouldn't have to stay in school an extra day. If we had more snow days than we had allotted in a year though, we would still have to stay extra...

No one wanted to stay extra.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
This school almost never lets out though. We had the first snow day in over a decade last winter.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It's been snowing over here in PA, as well. Not nearly as much snow as the more northern states, though. D;

We usually don't get much snow; a few inches here and there. Nothing excessive.

Darn it. My internet history automatically deletes itself (I selected for it to do so) but now it doesn't do it. :? Time to figure out how to do it myself.

Honest

Hi!
Years
NYC didn't have snow days for a long time till last year, iirc.

I think the DOE decided against closing schools thanks to Hurricane Sandy. We had a whole week off from school cause of that.

Crux

Evermore
Years
It snowed here a while ago, but sadly we've not seen much. :<

@Bloodex:
Is your signature quoting 'Aces And 8s' or have I been listening to too much Uncle Kracker? >…<

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I remember getting like a foot of snow years ago. That was pretty cool.

Dipu, how hard did Sandy hit NYC?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It snowed here a while ago, but sadly we've not seen much. :<

@Bloodex:
Is your signature quoting 'Aces And 8s' or have I been listening to too much Uncle Kracker? >…<

When I see it I think of "When I Grow Up" by...The Pussycat Dolls I think?

Honest

Hi!
Years

It's from the song "Be Careful What You Wish For" by zebrahead. =P

Dipu, how hard did Sandy hit NYC?

Pretty hard, I must say. My neighborhood got damaged pretty bad, uprooted trees everywhere, downed wires (one of which was on a Stop sign). My house didn't get any damage thankfully. Staten Island got completely decimated though. My school was also in Zone A, the zone that'd get damaged the most. Here's a picture of the outside of my school, which that bridge is connected to. My school's the building in the back.

A6aqA-fCEAIBVJb.png

And finally finished that Warm Bodies review I've been working on.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oh, wow. x: Glad you're okay.

Nothing too bad hit over here. Lots of wind and rain. It was quite fun to stand in the street the night it hit the hardest, though, considering how hard the wind was blowing. Seems like so long ago. I:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Gosh, where do you live? D; Wherever it is, I would hate it there haha. I like the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back