• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: Quote notifications fail to work (sometimes)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
So I've been having the issue lately that quoting people's posts sometimes doesn't result in them receiving a notification.

I expect the problem to lie in the spoiler tags wrapped around the quoted posts (even though this never was a problem before). These quotes didn't work for example, while these did. I know it's not the quoted posts themselves at least, since they have been copy-pasted.

I hope that provides enough information to get the issue looked into!

Last edited:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
While I can see your post was edited I can't see the revisions to tell whether or not any quotes were added in after making the original post, were they?

I know that changes were made recently to solve the problem of triggering additional notifications when editing a post with quotes in, and I can imagine the solution being indiscriminate to whether any of the quotes were brand new additions.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
While I can see your post was edited I can't see the revisions to tell whether or not any quotes were added in after making the original post, were they?

I know that changes were made recently to solve the problem of triggering additional notifications when editing a post with quotes in, and I can imagine the solution being indiscriminate to whether any of the quotes were brand new additions.

The revision history for the first linked post looks like this:
Spoiler:

The second one does not appear to have a revision history.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

Ohh, that must be it! I had indeed been editing the quotes in later (once all posts of a game turn were finished). I had no idea this was changed, thanks for clearing that up!

Also, good to know I should no longer be afraid to edit posts with quotes in them. :]

Back