• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I ASKED TO BE A MOD"

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
If that happened, I would most probably accept the way I am now. ROM Hacking and Pixel Art are be the sections I enjoy being active in most, so yeah. But currently there's absolutely no gap in these areas, so this is all too hypothetical.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
No. I've lost all respect for those with power on internet forums, since they almost always turn out to be autocratic users misguided towards their goal of a "greater good". Besides, I do not fully agree with the rules.

I know exactly what you mean, sirrah. Just yesterday I had four new members put into the stocks because they expressed a desire to post in the part of this fair forum under my reign. We can't be having people disturbing the precarious equilibrium in place, now can we?

And obviously I would say yes to being made a moderator because... well I've said once before so I imagine I would do so again. The sections of the forum I would most like to moderate (other than my own Game Development section, of course) are: Fan Fiction and Writing; Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews; and the Roleplay section.

I would also like to moderate the section that is like a squawking coffee cup playing checkers whenever that one finally gets implemented.

Years
If I was offered a position I would consider it and probably say yes, however there are people more capable of moderating than I am in the sections I would be interested in, so depending on the circumstances I might recommend them for the job instead. I'm most active (or spend most of my time) in the Fan Fiction, Other Entertainment, Other Chat, Other Voting Polls, HG/SS, General Pokémon Gaming in that order, however I think a mod with better writing/grammar skills like Valentine or Astinus would be more suited to the position in Fan Fiction, Vendak would be a better candidate for Other Entertainment, there are countless more experienced members in Other Chat and Other Voting Polls - so really I'm not expecting to be asked any time soon.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
Well, I know for sure that if I was asked to be a mod, I'd just sit there in amazment and stare at the screen in disbelief as if it wasn't actualy happening. I'd most likey start to hyperventilate too.. xD; Though if asked, I'd certainly love to look after Other Chat since I frequent there most. ^__^

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I'd accept. I have time on my hands, and I don't mind helping out lmfao.

But I have a hard time seeing me being as showy as some of the staff. My bad grammar will never change and no one takes me serious as a boss anyways ಠ_ಠ!!

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I never really considered myself the 'mod' or whatever type. If I were to be asked to be one, I would like to say yes, but I won't. I have too many responsibilities and real people to take care of in real life, so no. I can also be lazy sometimes, so you might expect me to neglect some rule breaking and spam.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
Years
I really wouldn't know about me being a moderator, I mean, it would be an honour and everything, but I'm not sure I'd fit the position of being a moderator. If a staff member thought that I had the ability to take on the position I might, but from being a super moderator in the past I know the work that goes into it, it would take a while to adjust back into that routine (because of school, homework, and such), but I certainly would if I had the position. If I had to chose a section, it would be the OVP, because I post here the most often making it feel like home.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
In the high, high improbability that I am modded, I'd prefer it to be in OC, OVP or OE. Mostly because those are the sections I frequent and like the most.

Years
I can't say I'm active enough in many sections to the point where I'd feel totally and completely happy modding anything but what I mod now. But if I was doing it all over and had my pick of any section and qualifications didn't matter I might pick FF&W instead despite only having posted there like 3 or 4 times. I could get back into writing while doing something to help PC. It would be a challenge modding an area I don't really know, yeah, but it could still be fun.

Melody

Banned
Years
I'd likely accept the position as long as it was a forum section I visit such as OVP, OC, OT or even CQ&F if they ever had a mind to employ a mod for it. XD
Put me in any other section and I'd be like a fish out of water. x3

Still, I certainly don't ever expect to be asked to be a mod here. Too many members of staff don't see eye to eye with the way I feel about things I know about PC. XD
The rest of it is simply because I either don't know because they can't/won't share it, or because I'm not "there" to hear what's decided because I'm not a member of staff.

Seriously, I'd **** about 50 bricks if I ever got seriously asked to mod here...I know all too well that my chances are no better than a snowball's chances in hell. XD

Years
I'd take it if it seemed like that board needed some attention. I'd probably prefer one of the sections I'm active in at the time of this hypothetical promotion. Or the TCG section (like that'll ever happen). ^-^;;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
My favorite forums are Community Questions & Feedback, The Community Headquarters, Black and White, Other Entertainment, Other Voting Polls, and Other Chat.

Community Questions & Feedback: Seeing as how CQ&F will probably never have a set moderator and always be in charge and run by the higher staff, though I would like to mod the forum, this is an impossibility.
The Community Headquarters: This is my favorite forum and the source of my enthusiasm for PC now that I have access to it, but since moderators don't have access to the HQ, I wouldn't be able to take it - and I think Erica would probably want to kill anyone who ever became moderator there. She's so protective of it and it makes me think that if HQ was an actual baby, she's actually be a good mother. lmao. So, I wouldn't be able to get that - it would be the one I would want the most. But another impossibility. :(
Black and White: I like Black and White and speculating and discussing the game was fun and all, but Black and White is entirely too active for my liking and therefore I wouldn't want to be a devoted moderator to the forum. Kudos to Nica and Shinell for lasting so long. Weird saying that, considering a half a year ago, I wanted this forum so much. Glad I didn't get it. x__x
Other Entertainment: Other Entertainment was my first forum and I got depressed because no matter what I did, activity just wouldn't increase. I put so much time into trying to revive that wasteland and to no avail. I would pass this forum up without a second doubt.
Other Voting Polls: One of my favorite forums, and my second forum I modded. These days, I have less and less interest in this forum with a majority of threads being posted that I have little to no interest to reply to. I wouldn't take this section back.
Other Chat: I wouldn't say yes to this, while I enjoy discussions and debates, most of the ones posted these days I don't have interest in. So I'd pass this up.

So, all in all, due to impossibilities and lack of interest, I think I'd actually pass up a chance at becoming a moderator. Hard to really believe that I'm saying that, to be honest. Also, just saying, but I saw a lot of people say "I'm not cut out for it." A lot of you should really try to believe in yourself a little more. There's an aspect in everyone that I believe will make a good moderator. It's just a matter of expanding that aspect and making it shine through the uncertainties. There's also nothing wrong with wanting to be promoted, to those who think there is.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Nick, we all know you asked to be a mod. :]

I'd only say yes to maybe a few forums. I haven't really been active enough lately.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
Years
I would say no. With any forum, I often have times where I won't visit it for months. And being a mod just hasn't ever really interested me. Though I'd be greatly flattered of course!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
If I was asked to be a mod, I would decline. Because for one I am not as active as I was. Most of the forums I used to go frequent has slowed down a lot. And I don't like telling people what to do. I am not assertive enough. D: I probably end up closing a wrong thread or something by mistake. Yep, I could see that happen. And besides I got other things to do anyway. I won't have time to watch over a forum.

Gabri

m8
Years
I never wanted, I don't want and I won't want to be part of staff. Never. ever. in. my. life.
I just wouldn't handle it. Being shy and hesitant like I am, it would be too much for me. Plus I don't have time due to school.

But anyways, the chances of me being asked to be a mod are the same as my city's soccer team being the league champion, which means it's an absolute, big and round ZERO.

Years
If I was asked to be a mod in any section of PC, I would decline for a few reasons.

1. I can be very biased and being a mod means you have to be unbiased on all things. For example, if I was mod in other Chat, I would have have banned all religion topics and all things dealing with politics, two things that cause flame wars.

2. I'm not on PC a lot like I used to. Being a mod means you have to be around PC and the section you're modding a great deal.

3. The stress of being a mod and all the hate that will be dumped on you by n00bs. That's the reason why a few mods I liked long ago are no longer here. I really liked this one Mod from back in 2005. She was the nicest person ever.

Back