• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
How the heck did you get to Kanto without beating the E4???
I echo this question. The only way through is via the Victory Road entrance gate that intersects Routes 22, 26, and 28. Access to Route 28 is blocked until you have 16 badges. Access to 22 is blocked until you walk in from the other side. On an actual SoulSilver game I turned on "Walk Through Walls" one day for fun on Route 26 and accidentally walked into Route 22 before finishing Johto. I did walk through the gateway and it DID open the path from Johto (though I did not save this entry being cheated in). Just getting to the point that unlocks passage requires the Power Plant mission and collecting of whatever wakes up Snorlax in this game by Diglett's Cave, after which going south into Viridian City and west onto Victory Road (and through the gate) is perfectly legit.

With that said, if you somehow activated the Magnet Train or the ship from Olivine without finishing the E4, then there's a scripting bug somewhere. Otherwise, if you were at Silph Co. before defeating the E4, you were cheating and deserve what you get. Jambo has not planned for anyone to use workarounds to cheat their way through the game or otherwise get through in a way that isn't planned.

Cyclone

rossi933

Pokemon Master R/B/Y
Years
I did not use any cheats to get into kanto, I was defeated by elite four then sent back to johto, I then walked through new bark and got a call from elm saying about hoenn champion, when i beat him i got an ss ticket so I used it at alivine, in no way did I use any hacks or cheats!

Should I just start a new game, or is there a way around this??

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
Every time I buy a Larvitar from the Celadon Game Corner I get a Bad Egg. What am I supposed to do with this? I assume this is just an error & the Game Corner doesn't fully work yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out what was going on. I had just battled myself in Viridian & went straight to the Game Corner from there. Any wild grass I go into, the first Pokemon I encounter is the exact same one at the front of my party no matter what it is. If I catch it everything goes back to normal & I can buy a Larvitar with no problem.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Is vulpix in the game? I keep looking and looking and I can't find it.
If the original Crystal were to be a basis for comparison, it isn't supposed to be available. It only appeared in Silver in that generation and that is maintained in SoulSilver (I got one there) in Gen. IV.

I wonder whether one of the extra things added to the game gives you your chance to get one, however? After all, trading is - well - not possible. Normally.

I did not use any cheats to get into kanto, I was defeated by elite four then sent back to johto, I then walked through new bark and got a call from elm saying about hoenn champion, when i beat him i got an ss ticket so I used it at alivine, in no way did I use any hacks or cheats!

I think you've identified a nasty bug. When defeated, you go back to the Pokémon Center. Here, you lost and were treated as a Champion.

Perhaps Jambo or someone can take a saved state and do something on his working copy to restore your ID card? i.e. create an "item" on the map that registers the ID card, save THAT state, and send it back? That way you have the ID card back and you carry right along where you left off.

I'd recommend saving the game immediately before the save state just to be safe if this turns out to be an option.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
You don't get PokeFlute in this game, instead, it is a PokeTar. I believe that they (the creators of this hack) did not have enough memory in the game to create extension cards or an actual PokeGear, so they used the sprites that were available in the game to create what they needed.

Hm... yeah, I can indeed imagine it taking up some space... though if you think about it... how much memory does the PokéNav take up in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? 'Cause the ASM functions from there can be copy and pasted onto a FireRed ROM, as long as you have the header functions set on the main menu for it's position and data overlay location. Then it can be simply altered, I think I'd really try to research that if I was hacking generation 3 ROMs. ;)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hm... yeah, I can indeed imagine it taking up some space... though if you think about it... how much memory does the PokéNav take up in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? 'Cause the ASM functions from there can be copy and pasted onto a FireRed ROM, as long as you have the header functions set on the main menu for it's position and data overlay location. Then it can be simply altered, I think I'd really try to research that if I was hacking generation 3 ROMs. ;)

Wow, you just horrendously oversimplified the process of porting something as complex as the Pokénav to FR. Do you think we would have declared it as unreasonable, and not worth the time if it was as easy as you're making it out to be?

By your logic, we could copy and paste the contests code and they would work? Of course not, the data and things like graphical data are absent from the target ROM. However, we are attempting to add some type of Pokégear through a different means, in a way similar to how the Ruins of Alph puzzles were added.

For the record, lack of memory has nothing to do with it.

Years

Somehow your events messed up. Man how lucky!! beaten by the Elites and still be able to travel to Kanto. I say as you went illegally your game got glitched

rossi933

Pokemon Master R/B/Y
Years
Yeah well I'm glad I've spotted that glitch :P but Its too late I already started a new game cos I was literally playing it non stop until this glitch, so I had to do it :P

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys. Myself and Link are playing around with an idea, and we want your feedback, because, after all, you guys are the people who will benefit most out of the idea if we do implement it.

What would you guys think if we were to implement a GB Player (a la HGSS) but, unlike HGSS, it was to use the original songs taken straight from a Crystal ROM, played using the GBA's built in synthesiser?

Before you blindly answer, not knowing how accurate the music may potentially be, I will stick a youtube video showing a potential version of the music playing on LC (AND on a BIOS too, proving it would also work on real hardware).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgPaa8i4igM (Note, I tried to embed it, but I seem to be physically incapable of embedding videos onto forums. XD)

So... what are your guys thoughts? This could potentially be in the next release of LC, because it is a simple process to insert the songs, and add the little code necessary for the music switching.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm a GB Player.. Sounds like a good idea i heard CrystalDust will have a GB Player too :D
Cyclone 0.o
The deleted post was my attempt to embed the video, but it seems the privilege is removed from everyone. I've asked for a moderator to help with it, but that's what the deleted post was. The "url" tag automatically goes in between the "youtube" tag.

And yes, the GB Player is a nice idea. Similar to HG/SS.

EDIT: I figured it out looking at embedded videos in the Dark Future thread. You don't paste the entire URL; just the part after the "v=" in the URL.

Jambo, here's your video:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
Definite yes to the GB player. I already like Liquid Crystal more than GSC and HGSS, so this would make it even better.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I agree with the others as for the GB player, but I'm still a bit confused on what to do based on the comments on the Youtube page.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Hey Jambo, I love the GB Player! I definitely think you should insert it, and the tracks sound awesome! I also love the fact that it stays on even after the game is off, when I found myself turning the one on in Soul Silver everytime I started. Great job!

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I agree with the others as for the GB player, but I'm still a bit confused on what to do based on the comments on the Youtube page.

What do you mean by "what to do based on the comments"? This GBP hack isn't in LC yet, if that's what you mean. That song was a test of its viability in terms of accuracy compared to the original and a test to see if people would want it.

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I've listened to HGSS' GBP tracks. I didn't really like their version of the tracks, so at first I didn't find GBP for LC worth it. However, as I watched your videos yesterday - they're way more accurate! Definitely would be awesome :)

(Also what about tracks that didn't exist in GSC? Like surf-night, orange island music, zelda credits, some RSE music which is used in this hack, etc)

Find the area of Undersea Express. I am sure He is there

This is incorrect. You should meet Axel at the Office building in Vermilion City.

Last edited:
Back