• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Its been rumored for over a month, and I just started checking around to see if there was any new news on it. Bethesda has confirmed Dragonborn to be the next DLC for the PC and Xbox to be released on December 4th. SHOULD get it for the PS3 a month later, but ya know how well Skyrim has been with DLC on the PS3.

So. In this DLC you are going to Solstheim, the DLC island from Morrowind to fight off the very first Dragonborn ever made. This goes deeper into the Dragon's history as well as the history of the mysterious Dragon Priest.

Along with the new locations we are getting many more "new" things. New creatures to fight (he video showed some midget creatures and some weird looking mutated creatures. New weapons and Armor were also in the discovery rumors, New sets such as Nordic Armor and Weaponry (similar to that of the Draguar), Chitin Armor (more from the Falmer style or even something new to go along with the Heavy Armor Helmet that was released in Dawnguard), and I heard the rumor about a new weapon class, Spears which are supposed to be Two Handed (well duh) but I am unsure if we'll get an update to the Two Handed Skill tree to add them or if we get a new skill tree to increase like with the Werewolf/Vampire trees of Dawnguard.

Along with this Dragon Mounts have been confirmed. I thought it would be like riding Odavhiing to where Alduin was, but it wasn't Odavhiing in the trailer.

I'm super excited and searching for more info cause I wanna see everything that the game has to offer~

Last edited:

Zet

Years
Best thing about this as a PC master race, I won't have to wait 30 days until all the xbox kids have their fun to play it.

I kid, I kid. I'm just glad that the xbox exclusive was only for the first two dlc. I think spears will get their own two-handed skill tree, or the entire two-handed skill tree will get overhauled to include spear perks.

And I recall an article saying that dlc will simply just not work with the PS3, so either Bethesda will have to remake skyrim entirely for the PS3(including dlc) or it just won't get any at all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I imagine that the two handed will get some additions to the skill tree rather than a whole new tree for spears, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. The more skill trees the better I feel, it adds variety and immersion to the game.

Anyway really excited for this. The trailer was stunning and from what I've seen of Morrowind's influence, it's going to be a spectacular visual feast. I felt Dawngaurd hauled itself through with extremely scenic places and that's the angle Bethesda take with their DLC's. The concept has the potential to be a great download, but I do wonder how they can top this one with others, as this is what I would expect for a finalé DLC. Regardless, really awaiting this quite strongly and seems like it's going to be a great way to get back into the game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I imagine that the two handed will get some additions to the skill tree rather than a whole new tree for spears, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. The more skill trees the better I feel, it adds variety and immersion to the game.

Anyway really excited for this. The trailer was stunning and from what I've seen of Morrowind's influence, it's going to be a spectacular visual feast. I felt Dawngaurd hauled itself through with extremely scenic places and that's the angle Bethesda take with their DLC's. The concept has the potential to be a great download, but I do wonder how they can top this one with others, as this is what I would expect for a finalé DLC. Regardless, really awaiting this quite strongly and seems like it's going to be a great way to get back into the game.

Watch this is the beginning of a great drowning of similar DLC. I wish...I wish....

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Lord I hope so. Please no more lazy DLC's like Hearthfire, while I enjoy the look of it, it does not look like anything you can't just get from the Nexus (Skyrim modding site). They need to impress with the DLC's, because the modders have impressed Bethesda with their talent. Just a perk of PC gaming I know, but that's where Skyrim excels. But I agree, let's hope this is the bar they've set for themselves, that they do not intend on flunking. Truth is, Bethesda always out-due themselves with releases, each time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This comboed with the amazing things they plan to do with Online just OPENED up everything.

There are many rumors floating thanks to this, as for Hearthfire, I was really happy with it. To me it looked like they accepted modder's by that act and could pull or even purchase mods for official use.

So many possibilities.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The chitin armour is probably just a return of the same stuff from Morrowind (though I don't know what creature(s) it's made from), as are spears — they were in Morrowind too. Dawnguard and this expansion have certainly set a trend of letting Bethesda profit on re-introduced content. Shameful perhaps, but it's improbable that they could've included even half of this on release, I admit. Maybe in a future expansion, but hopefully this one, we'll see a return of throwing weapons.

It's actually very bizzare that spears would be used in a two-handed fashion. The Saxons and Vikings that the Nords are based on relied on the famous shield-wall (which the Nords actually use according to a Stormcloak account), wherein the spear would be held overarm in one hand in order to reach over the enemy's shields, while fixed to one's left arm would be one's own contribution to their side's wall. Of course this is a fantasy world where one doesn't need to be a upperclassman to own a sword and afford tutelage in its effective use, so I could just as well keep to those, but I would still like the option to defend myself effectively when using what is ostensibly a defensive weapon. Polearms are my choice of preference when they are available, but they are rarely available, so I would appreciate seeing them done well.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
[hd]8SE5owAIPmk[/hd]

Looking back at game jam, it's great to see how much of that stuff has been put into Skyrim(including content for the up-coming dlc). And I wonder if that spear animation will be put into the game as well or whether it will be redone.
(You can see moving platforms if you have dawnguard on PC, just type in the console: coc dlc1dbtest)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The DLC's main story is incredibly short, but Solstiehm is AMAZING! It adds so much new stuff that I'm finding myself lost more than I used to trying to keep track of where I need to go XD

I was so disappointed that the Spears turn into Arrows as they are only used by Reiklings. Though right now Reiklings have my undivided hate as they are WAY more annoying than Falmer are. I want to put both in a pit and watch them fight to the death.

Plasma Prince N

Full-time Pokémon Master.
Years
I can't wait to play this once (read "if") it comes out for PS3. I wish I had a better PC so I could play Skyrim on it, but oh well. I just hope Dawnguard makes it to the PS3 eventually.

Either way, I like how Solstiehm looks from what I've seen of the gameplay. I agree that the main story seems rather short, but being able to visit Apocrypha almost makes up for that. I enjoy anything that involves the Daedric Princes.

Years
All I can say is that it's badarse. But reading through this, I highly doubt that they would of changed the perk trees due to the length of time the game has been out for, it would of messed up for level 81s who had no perks left - although you can *SPOILER START* reset your perk trees in the black book: waking dream for 1 dragon soul *SPOILER END*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
hoping that they will have dlcs in a bundle on steam sale then i'll grab the game XD; but for now, it's still sorta beyond my affordability range.

Sir Codin

As much as I am anticipating this for PC, I think Bethesda should prioritize on getting the DLC currently out to work for the PS3, even thought I play Skyrim on PC.

I'm even considering boycotting this DLC until Bethesda gives PS3 owners the rest of the DLC.

Zet

Years
The PS3 will be getting working DLC soon, no need to say that they aren't prioritizing when they have a whole team working to make everything good.

Back