• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Journeys Through Novia (M) (IC)

Years

Abel Rhodes - Chapter 3 - Part 4

Abel's Team
Spoiler:

Abel stood across from Glyn, the two were about to take part in an aerial battle between their two spearow. Both of the birds glared at each other with fierce determination, neither willing to be outdone. Abel opened his mouth to call an attack
"Okay let's use a peck to star-". That's when it happened.

The forest suddenly went quiet, even the rain seemed quieter. The wind hand stopped suddenly with no warning but that wasn't the strangest part. The bells and chimes that hung from the branches began to toll, quietly at first but then louder and louder. The noise level escalated quickly and was soon at the point where Abel could only describe it as deafening... and yet the racket was still beautiful. Abel's vision blurred and he became completely unaware of his surroundings. A blur of bright colours flooded his visions whirling like a liquid or like smoke and mysterious shadows appeared amongst the colours. Abel couldn't make out what the strange shapes were, but it felt as though they were alive in some way... like they were watching him.

The next thing Abel knew he came to lying under a tree in a puddle of thick mud, his head aching and his pokemon surrounding him, looking concerned. Abel sat up slowly
"What on Earth was that?" He climbed shakily to his feet to see if Glyn was okay but was shocked to find himself in an entirely different location. He must have walked away in his confusion.
"Wonderful, now we're lost too..."
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Glyn, but I assume he's probably suffered the same fate as me.

Abel had no idea which direction the main path was and he was doubtful even Aries, with his superior vision, could see through the thick canopy to pinpoint where in the forest they were.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

CHAPTER.1// PART.2// Alex Raiyns

Spoiler:

After a lunch with two parents who pretended to not be alarmed by the silent but angerfaced pokémon that now shared their table because of Alex insisting, the novel duo left the house for the last time in quite a while. Alex carried a blue backpack on his back, with everything he could possibly need, packed mostly by his mother. He planned to dump a lot of it pretty soon, or at least not fill it up again when it was used up. Because a lot of it was food, but there was also too many extra pair of clothes for his liking. Maybe he could give them away? Or store them in a locker at a pokémon center or something until he came back?

Riolu was back in her pokéball for now, safely attached to Alex' belt. As he came to the center of the small town, he turned his gaze towards the sea. What if this was the last time he would see that too, for some time? A sudden urge made him start running. He ran until he reached the beach, where waves were rolling in and Krabbys were moving up and down the sand, waving their claws at him as he approached them.

Alex sighed contentedly. Alright. He had to admit - Coriolis had been a great place to live in. But life had to change at some point. His parents had not been living here all their lives. They were foreigners, actually.

Some ways away, Staryu blinked. They lay, three of them, on top of cliffs out many meters into the water, and reaped sunlight. They were a pretty rare sight, but this day was apparently too fine for them to pass up. Alex thought for a moment. Maybe he should try to capture one? He was a trainer now, and trainers needed pokémon. Riolu seemed a bit... Well, she clearly hadn't warmed up to him yet, even though she ate politely at their table earlier. It would get some time for them to get used to each other, he guessed, smiling at the thought. No doubt she was a great fighter though! His bruise was still visible from earlier...

How would he get out to the Staryu? Easy. Every kid growing up in Coriolis knew how to swim. He was just starting to pull off his shirt, when he heard the Krabbys on the beach behind him start to bicker. He turned around to see a group of them swarming around something with their claws clicking.

Curiosity moved Alex over to their side, and he saw what they were getting at.

"HEY!" he shouted all of a sudden, startling them and getting them to back off a little. "That's a stranded Magikarp!"

The red fish was laying on the beach, jumping now and then to try and get back to the water. Alex had seen them before. Pathetic for being pokémon, but at least they could breathe above water so it wouldn't die just for having swam in the waves too close to the beach. Unless... The Krabby were moving in again, clearly not wanting to let go of this chance to bully someone.

The gentleman-sense in Alex was tingling. He sighed. Oh well, why take a Staryu when you could grab a Krabby? Even though they weren't as cool, they were said to get pretty strong later on.

"Riolu, let's battle!"

He released the pokéball from his belt and clicked the button. The ball opened and Riolu materialized from her energy state. She immediately faced the angry Krabby with an intimidating look, as if she knew that she would have to battle them. And was ready. Alex couldn't help but smile; at least she wasn't a lazy, disobedient-

She moved, without him issuing an order. Quicker than Alex' eye could follow, she had sprung up and tackled down a Krabby. She didn't wait after that either, the new attack followed suit, knocking down another. The other Krabbys started to back off again, thinking it might not be a good idea to bother getting close right now.

Alex stuttered. Riolu looked up at the two Krabby that had gotten up after the attacks and who were now waving and clicking their claws menacingly. One of them shot bubbles towards the fighting type, that hit her hard but didn't make her budge much. Even before the attack had stopped, Riolu was off again in a quick tackle that hit Krabby right in its large face and made it back away for good. But the other one was crawling up from behind. Riolu was panting.

"RIOLU!" Alex finally shouted with a worried face. "Calm down! You don't have to kill them off, you know?"

But Riolu was really into it. She launched another Quick Attack - but was countered by a large claw swung by Krabby! She was tossed aside and new Bubbles were coming in to attack the her while she was laying down.

Suddenly, a wave of sand was kicked up, popping the bubbles and getting into Krabby's face. Alex had stepped in between his pokémon and the water type. "That's unfair. I won't accept unfairness to my little lady!" he said darkly. Then he turned to Riolu, who was getting back up, sand in her fur.

"Are you alright?"

She blinked once. Then her eyebrows lowered and she shot away again, in one last Quick Attack against Krabby. This one was so unexpected and strong that the Krabby fainted right on the spot. It tumbled back into the wet sand and was soon washed over by a wave.

Alex shook his head. That hadn't exactly been a fair move from Riolu either. He guessed he really couldn't control her yet... Maybe he never would? An uneasiness crept up inside of him as he watched her sniff in the air, brush some sand off her fur and then turn to the red Magikarp who was still flapping around in the sand, alone now. She raised her hands in a stance that said that she was ready for battle again...

"No," Alex said and walked by her, up to the fish. "You won't be battling this one. He's done no harm and he's weak anyways." He kneeled beside it while Riolu pouted and crossed her arms characteristically.

Magikarp flopped around as if it didn't see the boy at first. But then, its eyes suddenly fixed onto Alex' and didn't move away. Its flopping fell silent as it seemed to calm down and breathe slower. Alex raised an eyebrow, interested. Was it afraid? It wouldn't seem to calm down if it felt afraid of him, would it? Tentatively, he reached out with his hand and touched the fish carefully. It waved its fins a bit but didn't start flopping again.

"Kaaaaaa," came a sudden sound from it.

"Haha," Alex chuckled. "You want to get back into the ocean, buddy?" Magikarp kept staring. Alex looked up. The Staryu had gone, he saw with disappointment. And he had forgotten to capture any of the Krabby that Riolu had been fighting. He looked down again. Well.

"You are a pokémon too, I guess," he said and reached back to a pocked of his backpack. When he took out a pokéball, Riolu raised an eyebrow. "Instead of leaving you to get bullied, I think I'll let you come with me. I'm going away from this shore too now. I'm not sure what kind of places I'll see. But maybe you could use some variation as well, eh?"

"Kaaaaa."

"Good enough."

The pokéball swallowed the karp without wiggling around for more than a few seconds. Alex had caught a Magikarp. Not really as planned but hey, if one couldn't improvise, one wouldn't get far in this world!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

// CHAPTER THREE : PART THREE //
Sid Norm​

Current team
Spoiler:

"I... I don't know, June..."

Sid felt his forehead again, annoyed by the jerking pain on his head. The bump had hit him harder than he had expected, and the confusion in the situation didn't help. He started looking around, confirming that the bells really had stopped it's mad tune.

"At one point you collapsed onto the ground, Sid. Your eyes seemed so... lifeless. I actually once thought you were gone..." June said, her voice descending in volume as she went on. A worried expression came on to her face; Sid didn't return the stare. The event had left him lost for words. He remembered crashing onto the ground, and the strange phantasm he had; the mixture of amazing colours, shapes floating around as if it was space. The insane jingles of the chimes were playing in the background, sounding like something out a horror scene in a movie. It was a little too much for Sid to comprehend.

"I... I need to get some sleep. We'll talk tomorrow." June nodded, then proceeded to taking all her stuff on to the ground, pulling off her cap, before gently lieing on the green grass below. Sid watched in confusion. "Wait... you don't have anything to sleep on? Like a sleeping bag?" June looked up, shaking her head. "Err, to be honest I thought we would be in the next town by tonight. I didn't see the need for a sleeping bag. I mean, I survived sleeping on the floor once in Viridian Forest anyway, so it shouldn't so different here, right?"

Sid thought she was outright insane.

"Are you crazy?! June, we just experienced one of the strangest experiences of our lives, there are literally bug Pokemon everywhere, and you don't know what kind of people could be walking through here at night!" Sid finished off with a sigh, crossing his arms in irritation. "Mother of Arceus... it's like your asking for even more trouble." June giggled at Sid's outburst before replying. "Well mister worry-rat, I'll have to rely on you to protect me then, don't I?" Sid widened his eyes in surprise, his cheeks slowly glowing. The comment had completely threw him off, and June started giggling even louder when she saw the state Sid was in. He quickly turned away from her and brought out a sleeping bag, before throwing it to the brown-haired chick.

"Here you go, miss unprepared. Next town you are getting one of your own. Capisch?" June lifted herself up, taking the sleeping bag and tucking herself in it. Afterwards she faced Sid again and with a huge, pratonising grin, she shouted, "Thanks mister worry-rat, and I will~" Sid just grunted in reply and rested his head onto the soft turf under him.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

CHAPTER.1// PART.3// Alex Raiyns

Spoiler:

Alex had taken his first steps out onto Route 1. It was a beautiful place. He had been here before, but not really traveled far. There wasn't really a route here anyways; travelers came over the prairie on random paths and tried not to disturb pokémon in their wake. It was easier said than done. After only half an hour of walking, Alex had almost tripped over a Togepi and gotten chased by a Spearow. He wondered if he should perhaps keep Riolu out of her pokéball, to look more intimidating.

Said and done, Riolu came out of her pokéball, battle stance ready in the afternoon sunlight. But no opponent awaited her. Only her silly trainer, who smiled goofily at her.

"I thought we could keep each other company!" he said. "Pretty boring to walk alone. Pretty boring inside a pokéball too, eh?"

Riolu didn't say anything, she just followed suit behind him, apparently refusing to walk beside him. Alex sighed.

Maybe the fighting pokémon's presence did help, because he didn't trip over any more Togepi. Instead, it wasn't long until they saw another human up ahead. It was a boy, and he seemed to be training some pokémon. A light lit up inside Alex. A pokémon trainer! There weren't overly many in Coriolis Town. But if this guy was one, maybe he'd be willing to practice by battling Alex? He had never battled before, not against a trainer. But he would need to start some day, right?

Years

Abel Rhodes - Chapter 3 - Part 5

Abel's Team
Spoiler:

Abel wandered through the forest, taking in the lush green scenery as he went. He was surprisingly calm considering the situation he was in. It had been well over an hour since he had experienced the strange phenomena and gotten lost in the the forest and he was still no closer to finding the path, he wasn't even sure which direction he was heading in. The rain that started and stopped on-and-off every fifteen minutes or so and the rapidly dissipating light weren't doing much to help Abel out either.

Having long since returned his pokemon to their respective pokeballs he walked through the darkening Carillion Forest alone admiring the shift from surreal to eerie as the forest got darker and all that could be seen of most of the wild pokemon was the shine of their eyes. Abel was amazed by the sight and as such, paid little attention to where he was standing. Not looking where he was going Abel tripped over a hard root belonging to one of the many large trees surrounding him and fell to the ground rolling quickly down a steep hill. He bounced over rocks and tree roots until he hit the bottom of the incline with a loud thump.

Groaning Abel rose to his feet only to discover he was atop another, far smaller, hill and that astonishingly it overlooked the well-trodden dirt path he had stayed from not long ago, albeit a part he hadn't yet traversed.
I guess I have gone in a bit of a diagonal line then, I'm back at the path and have moved further along it.

Abel released Darner, Aries and Grace so he could have company (and protection) throughout the night and laid out his sleeping bag in a gigantic tree hollow that would easily accommodate himself as well as Grace and Darner (Aries chose to perch on a low-lying root instead). With Grace's help Abel had soon started a small controlled fire and cooked up a simple nut-based meal for himself. He then sat by the fire with his team and ate his meal as they munched on pokemon food he had brought with him.
I won't stay up much later than this... just long enough to enjoy the scenery a bit

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

CHAPTER.1// PART.4// Alex Raiyns

Spoiler:

174.png
Five minutes later, the two trainers stood facing each other on a field with low grass and some shrubbery. Riolu was standing, battle ready, in front of a smiling Alex. A chubby little pink pokémon was standing in front of the other guy, a black haired person of roughly the same age as Alex, who had introduced himself as Rick.

Alex' pokédex told him that this was an Igglybuff. Really small and cute! Could it really fight?

"Iggly! Use Pound!" Rick commanded confidently.

Igglybuff ran forward with a brave smile and its tiny hand raised. Riolu merely raised an eyebrow, but jumped aside to narrowly avoid the attack when the normal type reached her. It surprised her, though, and suddenly made a back-hand Pound immediately after having lounged forward with its first attempt. This time, it hit Riolu's cheek, making her take a leap backwards but not letting out a whine.

"Ah!" Alex exclaimed, surprised.

"We've been training. Haven't you?" Rick teased.

Alex' smile narrowed into a clenched, concentrated face. They hadn't really trained yet. But he had studied Riolu's attacks.

"Bulk up!" he commanded, and Riolu chose to obey this time. Maybe she felt like it was necessary, or maybe she didn't really think and just acted. Her body tensed and she closed her eyes for a split second as a red light surged once from her whole being. She felt her powers rising as she concentrated energy to the muscles. This attack, she liked.

"Won't do you no good," Rick said. "Use Sing!"

Igglybuff opened its mouth happily, and began singing a song that made Alex stop and stare. It was beautiful, like a child's voice. Wordless but enchanting. He suddenly noticed that Riolu had stopped to stare as well. And she was getting wobbly.

447.png
"No! It's a trick of course! Don't fall asleep, Riolu! Endure!" he called to her, stepping closer. Riolu was annoyed at his voice. Why would he disturb her when she was listening to something this... Oh wait. She was battling! And now, a pink blob was all of a sudden charging towards her with its little hand raised again. But she was not asleep yet. Her brow furrowed.

Before the Pound could make contact, Riolu's body gave off one quick green pulse that seemed to linger in the immediate air around it, like a shell. Igglybuff's attack hit, and then the pink pokémon bounced back like the little balloon it was and landed some meters away to watch the results of its attack. Riolu had felt the sting of the slap, but got up without having fallen back. The Endure attack had, to put it plainly, let her endure it.

"Great!" Alex shouted. "Now, Quick Attack!"

Iggly seemed angry at the unsuccessful endeavor and didn't manage to avoid the fast tackle that now came in. Riolu hit it and it was thrown back almost all the way to its trainer's feet, where it began crying like the baby it seemed to be.

"Hm. That's enough," Rick suddenly said and picked his pokémon up with a calm face.

"What? We hardly got to do any moves at all!" Alex complained.

"Iggly is still a baby. Pound and sing is pretty much the only attacks he masters yet. I just wanted him to get some real experience in! Not to get crushed. I think your Riolu is actually stronger. Not a baby at all."

Alex looked at his pokémon. She seemed even more disappointed than him that the battle was over already; she had crossed her arms and stood silent in the grass.

"Alright. I understand. Gotta take care of the little ones," he said with a sigh. "And yeah... She's not a baby. She's a lady," he added. Riolu didn't look back at him at that though.

Years

Abel Rhodes - Chapter 3 - Part 5

Abel's Team
Spoiler:

Abel awoke to a sharp prodding on his head. Groaning loudly he opened his eyes, blinking as the adjusted to the sunlight filtering into the tree's hollow from gaps in the canopy above. After another prod on his head Abel sat up with a jolt causing the source of the prodding, actually pecking, flew off of his chest and onto a nearby tree root. Aries, irritated and bored, cawed loudly at his sleeping trainer. Darner and Grace were also awake already, running amongst the routes of the gigantic tree.

The site before the still drowsy Abel was breathtaking. The forest looked greener than ever and the remnants of the nights rain along with the mornings drops of dew clung to the foliage around him glistening in the rays of sunlight that shone down from above the canopy of the forest.
"Morning guys..."

Able was quick to pack up his things and step onto the wet, but no longer muddy, dirt path that led through Carillion forest. Shielding his eyes from the sun, that seemed especially bright after the dark forest night, he looked down the path - the next city, Diverg City, seemed to still be quite a distance from Abel's location. He reached into his backpack withdrawing a map, sure enough it looked to Abel as though the remainder of his trip through the magnificent forest would quite possibly take him until late afternoon, possibly even night.
"Hmm... okay then, might as well get going then" he said as a faint breeze ruffled the leaves of the plants around him and caused the chimes that hung from the branches of the forests flora to toll. The noise was as beautiful as ever but after the previous night the noise gave Abel chills and filled him with a sense of apprehension.
It's fine, the wind stopped when they rang yesterday, this was just an ordinary happening. He smiled at his assembled team hoping to dismiss the looks of worry that they were giving him, or rather the looks of worry Grace and Darner were giving him. Aries didn't seem overly worried. Abel returned Grace and Aries to their pokeballs but kept Darner with him "just in case".

Ready and willing Abel set forth down the path enjoying the beautiful, mysterious forest as he went and becoming more at ease with the ringing of the bells and chimes hanging around him. Darner trotted along happily at his trainers feet, an almost goofy air about him. So far the day was looking to be a vast improvement on the last.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

SID NORM
CH 3 : PT 4

Current team
Spoiler:

Sid slowly raised his eyelids. His whole body was aching with cold, and he just about managed to pry his eyes fully without going back to sleep. Gently he raised his head first before picking his whole upper body away from the grass underneath him. Almost instinctively his mouth widened to blow out a huge yawn and Sid stretched out his arms, flexing his fingers in the process. After the morning wake-up routine was finished Sid ruffed his hair sideways, then realised that he was absolutely shivering with cold.

Brrr! It's so… cold… tell me why I even lend my sleeping bag to June in the first place?" After that thought Sid looked around him, unable to see the girl anywhere. All there was where he last saw June was his sleeping bag and her bag. Talk of the devil, where is she? I guess she woke up earli-

"Oh, Sid! Your awaked! Finally as well, I've been up and doing business for at least an hour by now~" exclaimed the over-excited lass, who was close to shouting from not-that-far range.

Sid in return brushed off any leaves and vegetation stuck on him or his shirt, annoyed that because he slept on the bare ground he was covered with either a dirty green from the grass or had mud patches on his clothes. "For Arceus sake June, stop being so loud! I've only just woke up, my ears would ring with your voice if you don't quieten… urgh, this is disgusting…"

"Oh Sid, stop being a girl! And it's healthy to be alive in the morning, ya know? Anyway, I've made breakfast for both of us. Come over here when you've cleaned yourself up and look half decent~"

Sid mockingly mimicked June's words, while she complained and pleaded that she didn't sound anything like Sid's imitation. After a few back and forth between the two Sid finally properly got up and went to his backpack to pick up fresh clothes and toiletries. After changing and brushing his teeth, Sid returned to their "camp", this time looking for his belt. He extracted the two Pokemon he had with him and threw their Pokeballs in the air. The capsules burst open, revealing Rocky and Alter out of them.

After catching the Pokeballs again, Sid returned them into their minimized shape and grinned at his Pokemon. "So guys, how was your sleep? Rest well?" Rocky jumped up in excitement while Alter just calmly chirped in reply. "Ok, I should have some food for you two somewhere around here… ah, here it is." After rummaging through his bag Sid emerged with a bag full of Pokemon food and scrap metal pieces Sid still had from his father when he took off. He laid the food down, and while Alter and Rocky took on the work of filling their empty bellies Sid walked over towards June, who's four Pokemon were also busy eating.

"So, what's for brea- HOLY CRAP IS THAT A CUT-UP MAGIKARP?!" Sid threw his head back in surprise of seeing the red-scaled fish all in chunks and readied with spices on top. June raised an eyebrow in surprise from Sid's reaction. "Seriously, why does everyone I meet get startled whenever I mention that I eat Magikarp? It's really popular back in Kanto…" Sid stared at the meat with a crunched up face, unable to stomach seeing a Pokemon in such way. June lowered her head and sighed in frustration.

"Fine, I also picked up some fruits when I went out fishing. I guess you're just gonna have that?" Sid only nodded in reply and slowly walked over to the pile of apples and berries; his appetite was shot dead. Meanwhile June went on to pick up a fork and dig in on the seasoned Magikarp.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Dexter "Dex" Carlson-Chapter 2-Part 1

Dex's Team
Spoiler:

"Whoooo!! Were finally out of that route!" Dex stretched out his back as he talked to his Pawniard. "What'd you think Rob? Was Route 1 too powerful for you?" Dex joked, with a gleam of playfulness in his eyes. Rob just gave his trainer a glare and pointed a bladed arm at him. Dex raised his arms in defense. "Hahaha hey bud I was just kidding." He said with a laugh. "Well we finally made it!" Dex pointed to the small town that lay before him. "Dew Town awaited our arrival!"

It's so tiny... Dex looked at the small town in boredom Well this place is known for it's cheap goods... I should stock up a little bit. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small wallet. "Okie Dokie let's see how rich I am!" Dex opened up the wallet. "Behold! A total of zero dollars!" Dex started laughing hysterically as his pokemon looked at him in disgust and shook his head. "Haha well it looks like we'll have to go work the street corner!" Dex winked at Rob. "If you know what I mean."

"Thanks again for the business! We have to go now but, me and Rob here will hopefully be back soon!" Dex smiled and waved as he walked away from the group of young women that had crowded around him and his pawniard. "Well that went pretty well if you ask me!" Dex grinned at his companion. "And singing for the girls in this town is hell of alot better than those perverted things you were thinking about." Rob glared at his trainer and poked him with one of this pointed arms. "Hey buddy watch where you put those things!" Dex gave Rob a smiled and poked him back with his own finger. "I can do that too." He said with a laugh as they walked through the town. "Now let's check how much of daddy's money those girls gave us..."

Dex opened up the small wallet that was formerly empty. "Ten...twenty...thirty... Dang I am good with the ladies!" He joked loudly as he counted the money in his hands. "Alright, that's more than enough to sustain us for a while." As Dex walked a small monkey pokemon strolled up to the pair. "Hey, whats up little buddy?!" He said as he reached out to give the Aipom a rub on the head. As soon as he reached out the Aipom jumped up and grabbed the money in his other hand. "Hey! What're you doing!?" Dex tried to grab the Aipom but, it scampered away and climbed up on the top of a building.

"Hahaha fun game bud... Now can I have my money back?" The aipom stuck his tongue out in response and turned around to start slapping his bottom at the confused Dexter. "Okay..." He looked at Rob who stood there shaking his head as if saying Do something about it. "This is fun and all but, can I have my money back now?" The aipom stuck his tongue out and started to run across the rooftops. "Hey! Get back here!" Dex yelled as he climbed up on the roof to pursue the monkey thief.

Years

Abel Rhodes - Chapter 3 - Part 6

Abel's Team
Spoiler:

Abel, with Darner trotting happily at his feet, walked along the path of Carillion Forest now calmy listening to the chimes producing beautiful melodies in the light breeze. He was all but over his experience the night before but an uneasiness still lingered deep behind his good spirits. He paid it no mind though.

Not much further along the path he noticed a pleasant aroma just off of the path.
What is that? Abel and Darner, now more weary than before as they were once again straying off of the main path, followed the scent until they eventually strode into a small clearing inhabited by a young boy and girl of about the same age as Abel. The boy was eating a breakfast of similar composition to Abel's but the smell was coming from the girls meal. Something red split into chunks.
Wait... Abel's mind filled in the missing pieces and composed of the complete form of the "food item". The girl was eating a magikarp.
What... just... what?!?!

Abel felt ill and had to fight hard against the urge to throw up. It was amongst this that he stepped forward, doubling over and clenching his gut. Unfortunately the step caused him to trip over a root and he found himself, followed by a laughing Darner, tumbling down a small incline and crashing straight into the girl sending pieces of dead pokemon flying everywhere.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Glyn Schaffer - Chapter 3 - Part 5

team:
Spoiler:

So one moment Glyn was about to test his pokémon's fighting skills to the test, and the next moment, he woke up lying on the ground and with a pounding headache. The golden morning rays pierced through the jungle thicket. The chimes gently swayed in the wind, but their sounds were nothing like what had happened to him in his disheveled memories that happened in the time span between him starting the friendly battle with his adversary, Abel, and waking up in the moss, with a concerned Spearow looking over him. "Mathilda? Kilohertz? God, that was odd," he sat up, and brushed the dead leaves and twigs out of his hair. He was still at the sheltered pool. Abel was not. His brain crackled and ran amok to recollect the blur of memories from last night.

The chimes tussled like they would do if a wind welled up, but there was no wind. Something else moved the chimes and bells. Something powerful, as even the large bell that was mounted on the wooden framework swayed and resonated loudly. Hallucinogenic effects had popped up in his vision, like those phosphenes you get when you clench your eyes shut and apply pressure on them with your fingers for a few seconds, or like an onsetting migraine. The rest of his senses were just as hazy, and provided him with little information. His hands and feet felt fuzzy, and he lost his balance a few times, until he fell back on the moist ground. He was close to chugging up his lunch, but he passed out quickly. He wondered if Abel felt the same thing or whether he assumed he had a seizure and ran back to Dew to call for medical assistance. Glyn chalked that off as a possibility, though he sure as hell never had any epileptic symptoms, and his memories were intact.

The Spearow was getting restless, and she resounded a heavy cawk. Glyn assured her she was fine with a pat on the head. He pawed into his pocket to find his pokéballs and return both Kilohertz and Mathilda to a safe environment. They were most certainly gonna be tired from having stayed outside all day. "Bloody hell," Glyn rubbed his palms over his face to snap himself out of the daze. He lost the entire afternoon and night from being passed out on the ground. He was hungry and thirsty right now, so he found his backpack, which still lay chucked down near the bank. The fabric looked like some pokémon had clawed at it, probably scavengers. He opened up everything and did a count and a recount of his belongings. One of his sandwiches had been taken out, and the remnants of it lay just a few yards ahead of him. Only the crust and a strip of ham remained. He found his most viable source, his water bottle, and got himself a few sips. The water gushed down his mouth and moistened his parched throat.

"Gotta make progress. I'm falling behind," he stated propositionally and to no one really but himself. He clasped some cut lunch out of the bag and zipped it up, put it over his shoulder. Best to get efficient to eat and walk at the same time. He did a quick survey of the area to find that not much had changed in the environment by the strange occurrence. The chimes and bells were still there, at the exact same spot, taunting him with questions. He figured he'd leave through the same path he had come to this spot, and return to the main road from there. That was no difficult task per se, because the disorientative effects of the illusion had passed away from him when he took the first bite of his sandwich to sate his hunger. With a rejuvenated mind, he pushed away the drapery of hanging moss to trudge through the jungle, until the cleared out path lay ahead of him again. Given that it was morning, he quickly determined his east and west, and figured he'd make a left turn here to get to the next town.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

SID NORM
CH 3 : PT 4

Current team
Spoiler:

Sid stared disgustingly at June as every chunk of the poor fish went into her mouth. Not long afterwards June blew a huge sigh at frustration and turned to Sid to say something, but then-

"AAH!"

Out of nowhere, a guy similar to Sid crashed onto June's legs, flying the dish of Magikarp all over him and her. June promptly stood up after the initial shock. Her legs kicked up in reaction, leading to the fallen dude getting smacked in the face by her bare feet. The shaggy-hair guy flew into the air for a few seconds before slamming onto the ground, face first. Sid gasped at the scene; June crossed her arms furiously, bits of Magikarp and seasoning all over her hair and shirt.

It was her to first speak after a tense moment of silence.

"WHO IN ARCEUS' NAME ARE YOU, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING RUINING MY PERFECTLY GOOD MEAL?!"

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Dexter "Dex" Carlson-Chapter 2-Part 2

Dex's Team
Spoiler:

The little monkey looked back at Dex, grinned and jumped down to the ground below. "Hey that's not fair!" Dex yelled from the roof of a building. He had been chasing the aipom around for what seemed like an eternity. Dex panted as he slowly lowered himself to the ground. "Alright! Play time's over! Rob go get him!" The pawniard looked at his trainer and reluctantly jogged over to the Aipom. The wild pokemon just sat on the ground and looked at Rob. Why doesn't he run around when Rob is near him...? Dex frowned and looked at the pair. "Alright buddy hit him with a Metal Claw!"

The Pawniard loomed over the tiny ape. With what seemed like an apologetic look on his face swung a bladed arm at the other pokemon. The aipom grinned at his much larger opponent and just as Rob's arm was about to make impact the monkey used his tail to spring out of reach. The Pawniard swung at air and lost his balance. He fell face first, right into the concrete road. Silence hung in the air. The aipom stared, Dex stared, and Rob stared straight into the ground. Silence. And all the sudden Dex and the aipom burst out laughing.

They were quite the sight to see, a young man rolling on the ground laughing, a little aipom falling over laughing, then picking himself up, just to fall back again, and then there was a pawniard who was standing, arms crossed, glaring at the two. The little group went on like that for some time before the laughing slowly came to a pause. "Haha! I really like you!" Dex said as he grinned at the Aipom. "You know what? How would you like to join me and Rob on our little adventure?" The aipom's face lit up with a smile. "I'm gonna take that as yes!" Dex laughed and held out a pokeball. "I won't keep you in this but, to be an official member of our team you gotta at least be in this for a second.... You okay with this?" The Aipom walked forward and poked the pokeball with his tail. In a flash he was gone and safetly tucked away in the ball. Dex grinned and looked at Rob. "Looks like we made a new friend today... I think i should name him Murphy. It seems to fit him."

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
Saiyuu Mori - Chapter 1 - Part 1

Team
Spoiler:

Saiyuu yawned. What's that annoying sound...? She wondered, turning on her left side, and trying to open her eye's. BEEP BEEP BEEP! "Why is my alarm on..?" She muttered, hitting the snooze button and sitting up. "Wait.. My alarm..?" Saiyuu said. Today I get my pokemon! She thought, jumping out the bed. "S***, I'm late!" Ahe exclaimed rushing in the bathroom.

Saiyuu slid down the stair rail, grabbing the toast and her bag on the way out the door. "The biggest day of my life and I'm late!" Saiyuu shouted. Saiyuu finished the toast and went in the lab.
"Professer Palm?" Saiyuu called.

"No need to shout, I'm over here." Palm said
Saiyuu turned to Palm and let out a deep breath.
"Is this it?" Saiyuu said when Palm handed her the pokeball.

"Yes." Palm said, handing Saiyuu a dex and then 5 more pokeballs.
"You'll need these as well." Palm said.

"Thanks Professer!" Saiyuu said as she walked out. When Saiyuu was oitside she opened the Pokeball, and out came an Oddish. "Cool! I'll name you Ore! How's that little guy?" Saiyuu asked. The oddish poked around a bit, then threw itself into Saiyuu's arms. "Oddi!" It cried.
"You like it, I can tell. From now on your name is Ore!" Saiyuu exclaimed. "How about training?" Saiyuu asked. Ore noded, and they set off for route 1.

Years

Abel Rhodes - Chapter 3 - Part 6

Abel's Team
Spoiler:

Able pushed himself back to his feet, Darner still laughing at his "smooth" entrance from behind him, and brushed the chunks of magikarp off of his body.
Disgusting... Things only got more irritating for Abel when the girl he had crashed into went ballistic
"WHO IN ARCEUS' NAME ARE YOU, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING RUINING MY PERFECTLY GOOD MEAL?!"

Abel rubbed his head where the crazy girl had kicked him, as a reflex he hoped, as he responded to the interrogation he was receiving
"I'm Abel" he replies still rubbing what was left of his face "and since when is that a perfectly good meal to anyone with a soul? I don't get how some people can eat the same pokemon they'd happily train."

It was actually quite uncommon for people in Novia to eat meat outside of eggs. Abel was one of many who found the thought of eating a once living creature if he didn't have to despicable. It was more common for people in the more developed regions to eat meat, but that's society for you.
"Who might you two be?"

OOC: Sorry for the shorter post.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
Saiyuu Mori - Chapter 1 - Part 2

Team
Spoiler:

"Ore, look! It's a Staryu!" Saiyuu said, pointing near a building in Coriolis Town. "Let's catch it!" Saiyuu said following it.
"Ore, use Sunny Day!" Saiyuu called.
Ore obeyed sending out heat waves. The staryu turned with water gun, but it had little affect.
"Alright Ore, use energy ball!" Saiyuu called. Ore quickly formed a ball of energy, blasting it at the staryu. Here goes nothing, Saiyuu thought, throwing a Pokèball for the first time. After three shakes it clicked.

"Alright! We caught a Staryu Ore!" Saiyuu exclaimed rubbing Ore's head. "It needs a name though." She said registering Staryu in her dex. "It's a boy then. So how about Yuki?" Saiyuu said releasing it. "Yuu!" It cried happily. "I think he likes it! Your new name is Yuki." Saiyuu said, returning Yuki to his ball.

Saiyuu headed back to the lab and healed. When she was done she reached route 1 quickly.
"I want to catch at least on Pokèmon from each place I go." Saiyuu told Ore. "Let's start searching here, and then we'll start training for the next city." She added. Saiyuu looked around. "Besides the fact I'm late, now I don't have a clue who the other trainers are." Saiyuu said. Ore wiggled a bit. "Oddii" He called. "Alright, alright. Let's get training." Saiyuu said grinning.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019

Dominique Rousseau - Chapter 3 - Part 1

Dominique's Team
Spoiler:

A loud yawn echoed throughout the air signifying the blonde's arrival from Route 2 onto what was supposed to be the official start of Carillion Forest if he wasn't mistaken, and boy was the change in environment instantly apparent. The path before him was worn and made of dirt contrasting with the foliage which was dense and filled of brilliant greens. He could see some thin rays of sunlight peeking through the canopies and illuminating some patches of ground, but his gaze didn't seem too focused on that particular detail. In his mind the fact that there were wind chimes tied to the trees in every direction he looked was more interesting to him. There were bags under his eyes and it was obvious he hadn't slept in a while since the start of his journey, but even he found the energy enough to bounce closer and just listen to the wind playing a varied melody on these chimes.

Honestly he wasn't even sure why he hadn't fallen asleep yet given the amount of time he had been awake. He knew he had fallen asleep after arriving in Dew Town, but after that it was like he had insomnia or something. It was probably something a good splash of water on his face was able to fix, so he wasn't too worried. What to do first? Really the possibilities seemed endless in his mind. Perhaps he could play with the Pokemon to see if he could have fun with them? He knew that there was always the possibility of him catching a new pokemon if anything. Even better maybe he was able to catch up with the people who had already left before he had received Aster.

Well it was probably wishful thinking, but in his mind it was a rather fun idea if he did say so himself. Well no matter what was going to happen, but he was sure that something fun was going to happen as he dashed further into the forest. If he was a different type of person he would have probably of been awestruck by the sheer size of the forest, but it was something he barely noticed. I should catch at least one pokemon here. It was the least he could do seeing as he had practically skipped down the other routes. His Riolu was walking beside him at a slower pace though it was still fast enough to not be left behind. It didn't seem too worried about things if it's arms behind it's head was any indicator.

"Let's Go, Aster," That was pretty much Dominique's only warning to the little Riolu before he shifted the weight of his messenger bag and took off half running and half skipping through the Forest. Well if there could be one good thing said about him then it was that he certainly had a lot of energy. Aster on the other seemed to have been giving the boy a look which said 'Why me?' before he took off after the blonde. In Dominique's mind this was just a race to see who could get to the fun things first. Well if anything the boy was waiting enthusiastically for something interesting to happen at the very least.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
Saiyuu Mori - Chapter 1 - Part 3

Team
Spoiler:

Saiyuu trained with Ore and Yuki. "Alright, heres a poffin guys." Saiyuu said, feeding them both a poffin. "Alright Yuki, return." Saiyuu said returning Yuki to his ball. Saiyuu noticed something in the grass. "What is that?" Saiyuu said squinting her eyes. As Saiyuu stepped foward it moved. "Wah!" Saiyuu cried closing her eyes.

After nothing happened Saiyuu opened a eye. "Togii!" Something above her cried.
"Togi?" Saiyuu repeat opening the other eye and looking up. "Nothings there." Saiyuu said.
"Oddi!" Ore cried happily. "What's so funny? Is my hat on wrong?" Saiyuu said grabbing her hat and taking it off. "You aren't my hat." Saiyuu said puzzled.

"Your a Pokèmon." Saiyuu said taking out her dex. "Togepi huh? Hi little guy." Saiyuu said smiling. The Togepi jumped into Saiyuu's arms. "Hey! Tour really freindly. I know! Do you want to be My Pokèmon?" Saiyuu asked. "Togii~" It cried. "Alright, here." Saiyuu said holding the Togepi in one arm and taking a ball from her belt with the other.

The pokeball clicked, and Saiyuu registered Togepi in her dex. "Your name is Togi. Mainly because you like to say it." Saiyuu said addind the ball to her belt. "Now I have three Pokèmon. That should be enough for the first Gym." Saiyuu said. The next Town is up past Route 1." She added, heading up the road.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019

Dominique Rousseau - Chapter 3 - Part 2

Dominique's Team
Spoiler:

Squirming a little when he felt a small hand, or more likely a paw, grab a small handful(pawful?) of his light blue short sleeved shirt with a black flame pattern on the bottom, Dominique made a face which looked like a cross between confusion and 'let me go'. Of course hadn't been paying attention to where he was going in his run, so Aster had chose to step in right before the boy managed to step on the tail of an Aipom. The ringing of the wind playing it's melodies with the wind chimes seemed to halt completely as his sandaled foot hung inches away from the Aipom's tail. Of course the sound didn't really halt, but rather it just seemed to halt for him.

Relaxing slightly because angering a wild Aipom was not on Dominique's list of priorities, the fifteen year old began to pull his foot only for the blue sandal to slip off of his foot and land on the hand appendage at the end of the purple pokemon's tail. If Dominique were a who used swears like it was candy, he most likely would have uttered a string of them which could make a sailor blush, but seeing as he wasn't the fifteen year old instead settled for just try to get his sandal back. The Aipom was sleeping at the moment and didn't seem to notice it yet. Of course Dominique's luck seemed to fade as he neared closer to his sandal as the Aipom opened it's eyes. It really didn't seem like he was going to catch a break just yet.

"Give me back my sandal?" Even if it meant he was going to fight this Aipom, Dominique wasn't leaving the forest without his sandal. Bouncing to it's feet, seeing as Dominique wasn't an expert in telling a pokemon's gender, the Aipom looked between Dominique to Dominique's sandal and back again as if confused. Dominique would have frowned if frowns were fun, but frowns weren't fun so instead he tried to keep a pleasant grin on his face. He didn't want to scare the thing off and lose his sandal forever after all. That was a ridiculous thought seeing as the boy literally carried too many spares to count in his bag, but then again it was his sandal so he had every right to want it back.

"Aipom~" Of course Dominique wasn't able to speak pokemon, so he didn't know whether that was a yes or a know, but the little monkey did look excited at the very least. Feeling rather silly at the moment, Dominique had almost looked at his blue furred pokemon for clarification when he realized that a Riolu can't do that. He had looked at the little guy's pokedex data not long after he got the pokemon and it said it could sense auras or something. Really it didn't make all that much sense for him, so he completely disregarded that fact. Dominique wasn't the best read of body language, but wasn't bent legs supposed to mean something?

"Do something, Aster. Like Force Palm," Seeing as the Aipom had just took off with the boy's sandal, Dominique was bouncing on one foot as he tried to chase after the Aipom. It was a futile attempt really as he didn't have the greatest balance in the world, but at least Aster was having better luck in trying to flag the tricky monkey down. The Riolu's right fist seemed to be glowing white as Aster ran with it's paw drawn back. Of course Dominique might have been seeing things, but then again this was his first time seeing what Force Palm actually looked like. Finally when the Riolu drew closer it struck the Aipom in the side with it's force palm sending the monkey flying into a tree. That looked painful, but wasn't that because of the type advantage maybe?

The Aipom didn't really look like it planned to give his shoe up though, so Dominique did the first thing which came to his mind. He had pokeballs after all, so why not actually use them? Reaching for one on his person before the pokemon was able to get up, Dominique prepared to throw the thing once it was the correct size. Were people supposed to say something before throwing? Dominique didn't even know, so he just threw the ball and hoped his attempt would work. It hit the Aipom, who for all of it's energy was still in a bit of a dazed state, and the pokemon was absorbed in a red light before the ball closed and hit the ground. The ball rolled once and Dominique was cheering it on. The ball rolled a second time and Dominique was still cheering it on. The ball then rolled a third time and clicked signifying a successful capture.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

SID NORM
CH 3 : PT 5

Current team
Spoiler:

Sid opened his mouth, but June quickly snapped back at the shaggy-haired dude, her arms still fixed on top of her chest.

"Ok Abel, thank you for your concern, but I do not care for what you think of my choice of cuisine at all. All I want to know is why the hell did you crash on to us instead of approaching like a decent human being? Seriously, people in Novia do raise some strange kids..." June left the last comment with a small smirk, obviously impressed with her little input at the end. Sid sighed in slight disbelief, before standing and walking next to June.

"Erm... sorry about her, she can get a little "feisty" at times. Trust me, I've had it worse." June glared at Sid for a second at the depreciation of what he had said before turning back to stare at Abel. Sid resumed without a flinch. "Anyhow, my name is Sid, and this is June. And don't worry man, even I think that eating Magikarps is disgusting, but she is from Kan-"

"OK, that is enough Mr Norm, why don't you go back to seating down back there, eh?" interrupted June, simultaneously twisting Sid's ear and pulling him back to where he was. Sid temporarily cried in pain before laughing his ass off after June stopped. Sighing deeply and shaking her head, June returned to Abel and looked up at him, this time with a more neutral face.

"Seriously though, why are you here? You looking for something?"

Back