• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Updates as usual...

Thanks to The Omnious Plains and RedBaron474 for those sprites, I am eternally greatful to spriters like yourselves.

Just updated some of the region info on post 1, will finish maybe 2moro or saturday.

Also updated features and fakemon section.

~Gutenacht!~

The Cynic

Years
Cheers for your help, Omnious.

I've updated the first post by adding in the info about the primary antagonsists (the brotherhood) to make it a little clearer.

I still welcome any comments and suggestions.

~Thanks~

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Nice Idea on the Brotherhood!! I like the idea that they are pretty much top secret, and that they have ranks. Well Done!!

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
I read in the early version of the thread that you wanted a Octillary Evo. So I created one. Here it is . . . .

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Your octillary evo is great! I just need to name it now, maybe Octarpoon. Cheers!

Thanks!! I put alot of work into it . . Glad you enjoy it!! And as for the name . . . hmm . . . maybe Octomb, or Octigade, or Octane (IDK) . . .

The Cynic

Years
Thanks!! I put alot of work into it . . Glad you enjoy it!! And as for the name . . . hmm . . . maybe Octomb, or Octigade, or Octane (IDK) . . .

hmm... I was hoping to keep with the projectile/weaponry theme though and it does kinda look like the end of a harpoon. Anyway, I have two of my own octillary evo sketches (Octorpedo and Octowitzer) and i'l upload them after region info is complete and TM list is complete OK? Then its fakemon time! BTW your Driffelin sprite is going to be the one used in the hack for definate now. Do you want to do a backsprite for it or shall I ask someone else?

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
Umm... for the Drifblim sprite, your gonna need to remake it and save it as a .png to avoid horrible quality. Just incase.

Hey Cynic, I was wandering if we could get Desert Orchid to tie into Sands Of Time.
E.g. Just have the main char from DO as a trainer you fight a cuple of times. What do you think? I can supply thr sprite and I'm working on the OW sprites

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Yeah I'll make a back sprite for you. And Ominous Plains how do you save it as a .png?? Thanks

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
Okay, It depends.
If your runnning on vista (or windows 7 as far as i know)
you go to save as> then at the bottom of the pop-up menu it says "save as type:"
Click on the dropdonw menu and select .png.
If you are on windows xp you go to save as and after you have written what you want it to save as, just write .png
Now, either way your going to have to remake the sprite.
I hope this helped.
P.s. 100th post :D

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Never Mind . . . I redid the Driffelin and Octarpoon sprite and saved them as a png file . . . here they are . . .

Driffelin and Octarpoon -

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Thanks alot Ominous!! ;) (PS Glad I got to be part of your 100th post)

The Cynic

Years
Cheers to you two guys for all your help so far. And yes, I will have a crossover between the two hacks.

The Cynic

Years
Guess what? I've uploaded a prototype region map to the region info section of the first post!!! Please remember it is only two-thirds compete (up to about gym no. 5) and not to scale.

Thank You and Enjoy...

The Cynic

Years
Here's the Driffelin Back Sprite -

RedBaron, you are a genius! I'm going to make you chief spriter for the hack OK?

@Ralts - Sorry but you might have to wait a while these are my priorities

1. Finalise Region info
2. add fakemon (tho spriting has already begun)
3. Add new moves
4. Add new Items
5. Add new Tms/Hms
6. Tiling
7. Mapping
8. Scripting
9. Add title screen
10. Fakemon cries
11. Move animations
12. New music (i've been strumming away to get some jaunty tunes!!! - don't know about this though....)

OK, trust me Ralts when it comes to tiling time you'll be the first to know!

As usual if anyone has any comments, crtitcisms or contributions to make they will always be welcome. I'm especcially looking for feedback on the region so I can get that done and move properly onto uploading fakemon sketches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back