• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I completed Ruby Randomizer a while ago but I kinda forgot to update D: I did randomize Blaze Black but that game is so loooong lol that I will put it on hold and play something shorter first (Thinking about FireRed again - fully randomized this time ^^ ) I will still do Blaze Black/Volt White don't worry :3 I just want to have something else aswell so I don't get bored of one game and give up on playing it ^^

Anyways my starter choices for Ruby were:

Charmander, Torchick and Caterpie - I picked Torchick and named him Torra - my rival picked up Caterpie that was doomed to stay metapod for the rest of the game XD Torra died before the first gym though :/

The game didn't give me any troubles whatsoever - the only problem I had was I think that it was the last elite 4 member - she had Dewgong that was keep using Sheer Cold - and it was keep hitting me - and the game froze everytime it killed one of my pokemon so I had to go through that dewgong like 4 times in a row before it finally missed and the game didn't freeze so I could move on >_<

The only pokemon I lost in elite 4 was my Venusaur - which made me really sad since he was one of my main pokemon and was with me for a long time :(

059.gif

Bella, Female, Lvl 50
Bite
Strenght
Ember
ExtremeSpeed
She wasn't as good as she could be but she was ok - I got her as arcanine so she couldn't get flame wheel which was a big bummer - Ember is not that good at all :(

154f.gif

Dino, Male, Lvl 50
Strenght
Flash
Synthesis
Body Slam
I caught him as a chickorita pretty late in-game so he didn't have the best moveset ever :( He was one of my worst team members - but I had to use him because I only had cacturne at like lvl 5 left in my pc - and I'd have to train it for 50 levels for elite 4 so I decided to use him in the end. He didn't get to do much in elite 4 :/

176.gif

Little, Male, lvl 50
Metronome
Fly
Double-Edge
Rock Smash
Probably one of my best team members I had - I trained him for like forever so he evolved from togepi - Metronome was really useful for training - I almost always got a good move and I luckily never got self-destruct or explosion or something like that.

009.gif

Leonardo, male, lvl 52
Rain Dance
Dive
Surf
Bite
He was a beast! I loved to use him <3 He was an awesome team member with awesome moveset who was destroying everything in front of him :3

149.gif

Drake, Male, lvl 50
Fly
Waterfall
Dragon Rage
Slam
I got him pretty late in game so he didn't get to shine as much as he could because of his somewhat poor moveset.

Left in pc but alive:
Cacturne

R.I.P. my friends
Torra the torchick - died while training for first gym - against a hiker's spheal that used water gun and got crit even though Torra was few levels higher than that spheal. He had a lot of potential and he was my starter :(
Lolla the meditite - it was hard to train her but she could be pretty good if she lasted longer.
Icy the spheal.
Fluffy the Ampharos.
Rina the Absol.
Jimmy the Quilava.
Pelly the Peliper.
Ross the Roselia.
Shellie the Cloyster.
Magnet the Magneton.
Casper the Haunter.
Piglet the Grumpig.
Pixie the Vibrava.
Kiddo the Elekid.
Venusaur the Venusaur (I forgot to nickname him :( ) He was my last partner to die - he was the best <3

Starting FireRed now and I will update later today/tomorrow.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Well,nobody has been here for like forever so i'll sign up and start:

Name: KillerCroCohen
Game: Pokemon White 2
Optional rules: Nicknaming.pokemon i get from someone (gift pokemon) or the pokemon in the hidden grotto on route 5 are considered event and im allowed to catch 1 more pokemon in the route\place,in double encounters, i get to choose which pokemon to catch.
Goal of the day: Full team!
-Had the stupid intro (i hate it...!)
-Had to choose between Muk,Starly or Eelektrik.
-Chose Eelektrik! (Charge beam as a basic moves FTW)
-Named him "Slippy".
*1st battle against Hugh: WIN! (Slippy has levitate i mean WOW)
*Caught a Chikorita on route 19 (OMG OMG OMG),named "Feuille" (Leaf in french,had to look that one up)
-Met Alder.
-Arrived at Floccessy town
-Arrived at route 20.
*Arrived at Floccessy ranch-2nd battle against Hugh-WIN. (I think i'm starting to like Both Chikorita and Eelektrik...)
*Caught a Hitmonlee at Floccessy ranch (OMG),named "Bruce".
-Defeated Alder's students.
*Defeated Cheren,1\8!
*Finally found a pokemon in route 20, and i caught it. It is a Tauros, and man it was hard to catch...3 pokeballs on the guy! Named "Vlad".
-Arrived at Virbank city.
*At the complex, i caught a Spoink,female,named "Ms.Piggy".
-Now for the training...
*Beat Roxie! 2\8!
-Did the PokeStudios thingy.
*Team plasma encounter 1-WIN
-Arrived at Castelia.
-I did the clowns\Juggleres sidequest,got the rare candy and used it to evolve Feuille into a Bayleef!
-NOW training in every place in castelia i can find.
-While grinding,i lost my Spoink-Ms.Piggy. RIP.
*In castelia sewers,i caught a Braviary,named " 'MURICA".
*2nd plasma encounter-WIN

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

As you have probably guessed by the title, this is basically A Nuzlocke Challenge with a Small twist, All the Wild pokemon Are completely Random. Ranging Anywhere from Abra to the Glitch? . This challenge is Now Available for All mainstream Pokemon games!!!

As you can probably guess already this is a bit tricky to preform on an actual cartage version of the game so the following is Recommended.

• The appropriate Emulator and Rom depending on the version. (I use Virtual Boy Advance; Never had a Problem with it, And NO&GBA; I've had a small problem but nothing major. DeSmuME Seems to have less problems than No&GBA but also takes up a bit more CPU so whichever one works better for you.)
  • Java up to date.
  • A program that can extract Zip Files. (I like to use WinRAR, I've gotten annoyed by others in the past, but whatever works for you.)
  • The Universal Randomizer (Thank you to KagamiChan For showing me this)
Rules:
  1. All Nuzlocke Rules apply
    • Any pokemon that faints in battle is considered Dead and must be released or boxed. (Except for your rival cause (S)He's A Cheating Jerk! :pink_pissed: )
    • You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
    • While Not Required you may wanna Add Optional Rules, Ya know, If You feel like Its just not hard enough, Although I will not be keeping track of these on the OP, I'm not into the formatting Nightmare that will spawn from it.

Spoiler:
  2. Using the Randomizer, Change the Starters to Completely Random Then Randomize (Save), You may Use The settings: No trade Evolution, Give National Pokedex at start, Lowercase Pokemon Names and other settings like that as Long as they don't affect affect the Pokemon directly (I don't wanna see people starting with Wonder guard Palkia with 300 base Special attack).

Username:
Game:

Current Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

My own thought's of this challenge:

I really Enjoyed it, Played through the Emerald one several times but only beat it once. This can either be Easier or harder than a Regular Nuzlocke if you don't know what You're getting Into. It can Completely screw you by making most of your 1st Pokemon Legendaries that you will have no way to catch or It can send you a Blessing with that Vulpix you really needed for... Well... I dunno, But I like Vulpix; It All depends on your Luck.

If you posted in the previous thread and would still like to participate Please post again and Ill add you to the list. If you have already completed this challenge Please dig up your old save file, take a screen shot of your final team and show me. Cause I'm interested in stuff like that.

If you're skilled Photoshop and wanna make something awesome for us to put in our signatures I will Love you forever! :pink_love:

Known Glitches with the Randomizer:
*Cause ya know, Glitches are the best part of messing with games.*

Spoiler:

Useful Links:

Original thread
The Regular Nuzlocke Challenge thread.
The Official Nuzlocke Site *Still contains colorful language*
The Universal Randomizer Thread

Special Thanks:

KagamiChan - For Showing me A Randomizer Compatiable with Most pokemon Games As well as A bit of Proofreading.
Dabomstew - For Creating The best randomizer ever!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Aaaaand Syd ****ed up the thread. Awesome...lol. Well...hang tight while a new one gets made, I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back