• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀
Anything is most definitely possible.
If so, then couldn't there be more Blue/Gary/Green/person Gyms? He's been the main diverse gym leader there is out there (or the only one? I can't remember...) and I'm getting a bit tired of my strategy when it comes to specialized Gyms. My strategy=spam attacks that're type weakness related. The specialized Gyms could at least throw in a Pokemon that's not to the specialized theme.
Imagine Chili with his Pansear and Darumaka... Electabuzz and Tympole. They could cover each other's weaknesses and whatnot.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
For me personally.. if it was just 8 gym leaders [Just my personal hopes]
Spoiler:

And if just more are added [No particular order]
Spoiler:
I'd love to see Chili open up his own Fire type gym. Especially since the anime hints towards that. I never really thought about where Cilan/Cress would go, but your idea works perfectly. :D

Though I'd actually prefer if Lenora just opened her museum, I don't really see the purpose of her being in Castelia.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'd Laugh If Skyla comes back and she has a Tornadus.
Highly doubtful and if she did have Kami trio I'd prefer them to be different pending on what game you play.

lool yeah if only it wasn't legendary, she might finally be a good gym leader. :( But sadly no, I doubt it. :x

Hmmm what'd be at that gym though? o_O I can't think of anything that'd fit into that, unless it's a multi-type gym, which may be likely in the later cities tbh.
For me just needs some better pokes like Braviary <3. There was other Flying types to work with so I can see a better team then the one they had to offer pending she is still a leader.

There arent any ??? type Pokemon except ??? Arceus, so I dont think we could have a gym like that. I wouldnt mind a Dark type gym however. This could be the generation where we get one of those.
Probably alluding to Gary/Blue gym like in GSC/HGSS where its a mixed type gym.

Although the Pokémon Anime isn't canon to the games, could this possibly be a hint for a Fire-type Gym with Chili?

Here's a quote from Chili to Pansear from the anime -
"Pansear I'm really sorry. I totally feel bad, know what? I've got a dream! That you and I will open a gym, the very first fire type gym in the Unova region! To do that, we need to master everything about fire types first."

Just a thought!
Personally I don't want to see Chili as a leader. I didn't care for the trio in the game or their monkeys so I'd rather not see a gym focusing on him alone for that matter.

But then the tradition of eight gyms would break down into... wait... you're saying if Chili had killed his brothers and got the gym as an inheritance?!
Murderers in Pokemon?! Paradox time!
Anyways even if they did give Chili his own gym does that mean the brothers would spread out and take other people's gyms? Or they could just randomly make their own cities in that 2 years time (or whatever amount of time elapses) and those cities could be called "The Elemental Cites".
:shocked:I just completely went off topic in my own post. Huh.:\
Well if they are going by the anime then Cress would be the one still at Striaton and Cilan and Chili are traveling. So I don't see how the scenario would be in the game.

I'm more curious as to why do they feel the need to add/replace with more new gym leaders. I mean, what's becoming of the old ones? It's not like they just simply all retired during the span of two years .
My guess is for a sense of freshness to the game. They and me personally wouldn't want the same 8 since this is a sequel after all. They don't necessarily have to lose their jobs there could just be more gyms available. Some at the same time could have retired or have been promoted to Elite 4.

For me personally.. if it was just 8 gym leaders [Just my personal hopes]
Spoiler:

And if just more are added [No particular order]
Spoiler:
I like the ideas, but I don't see Shizui location being in Undella more then likely it will be in West Unova. And he will be the second gym leader. Not really high on the idea of Drayden passing away either. I could see him replace Alder if Alder steps down. Or pass on the gym to Iris and just be the mayor of Opelucid.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Personally I don't want to see Chili as a leader. I didn't care for the trio in the game or their monkeys so I'd rather not see a gym focusing on him alone for that matter.
I'd want to see the game focus on one of them. u_u Especially since older Pokémon made their way into the games, I can see Chili having some of them with Pansear (or its evolution) as his main. Not too bad, and I'd like to see it happen. Plus I'm really curious to find out what kind of structure his gym would have.

Years
^ I dunno, I feel like the great thing about the Striaton Gym is that it was supervised by a trio of close brothers, three basic types coverage,and not just one person specialized in one type of Pokemon.
Letting Chili have his own gym would ruin that charm. :\
I'm still hoping for a fire type gym, though...And a dark type one sounds like an awesome idea.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
^ I dunno, I feel like the great thing about the Striaton Gym is that it was supervised by a trio of close brothers, three basic types coverage,and not just one person specialized in one type of Pokemon.
Letting Chili have his own gym would ruin that charm. :\
I'm still hoping for a fire type gym, though...And a dark type one sounds like an awesome idea.
I wholeheartedly agree. Hate to quote Three Musketeers but their seems to be "All for one and one for all" type of thing going on with their gym. If you take one away or have one gone it seems to ruin the whole aspect or gimmick they were trying to bring with them and the monkeys.

Now I would love to see a Fire Gym, just not one with him as the leader. As far as Dark goes if change in the gym scene occurs I want it to be Dark as that change.

Years
I was in the Union tower in BW and noticed that the flags were Purple,Blue,Pink,Grey, Red, Yellow, and I forgot the two other colors, but either way I noticed that two of the colors, Purple and Blue match with Poison and Blue, so perhaps B2W2's gyms were hinted at in BW, and if right we might see Elesa again, and Clay (orange is sand like),and we might get a fire gym, or maybe fighting (as it's also represented by the color red).
Going by what I can see from youtube videos it looks like the colors they have are orange, blue, purple, grey, yellow, red, green, and indigo. If they were meant to represent gym types you'd expect to see Fire (orange), Water (blue), Poison (purple), Steel (grey), Electric (yellow), Fighting (red), Grass (green) and Dragon (indigo). Not an impossible mix given what we know currently, but I think it's just that they used the 7 colors of the rainbow plus an extra one (grey) to even out the number.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Based on the map we will be going Starter City -> Second City -> Port City -> Castella -> Nimbasa -> Driftvell -> etc. Its the same city order cause the other half is still covered in ice on the map. Even if its an advertising ploy, they still show the primary route, so it may only be two Gyms that changed cause only two gyms are covered.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
A good chance that Shizui is in Undella Bay!
sanazami.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
How do we know any gyms have changed? Perhaps we may get to battle the original leaders later on after the Elite 4 or something. This change that happened in Unova might not be permanent( we dont know what it is or what caused it yet, so we cant say its absolutely not reversable yet.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
A good chance that Shizui is in Undella Bay!
sanazami.png
Interesting. But it doesn't make sense since he only has 3 Pokémon on his team. Perhaps after you've beaten the Elite Four he is found over there for a short while? I'm leaning towards his gym being found in an earlier city/town still.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2020
This is what I hope will happen in terms of gym leaders:
If 8, in no particular order:
Water: Shizui (blue)
Posien: Homika (purple)
Fighting: Marshel (he was demoted)(red)
Rock: new female leader (orange)
Bug: Burgh (green)
Flying(white)/steel(black): Skyla(a new face among the historic setting)/Jasmine(an old face among the futruistic setting) (grey)
Dragon: Iris (indigo)
Ground: Clay (yellow)
(if ten:
Normal: Aloe
Ghost: Shauntel: (same as Marshal))
Elite Four:
Grass: Cilan, who left his two brothers to run the resturant
Pyschic: Catilin
Electric/Fire: Elesa and a new male, who is insane in the brain(also why the region is still frozen over)
Dark: Grimsly
New Champion: New Villain, who leads a new group with a diffrent person as a figure-head trying to freeze the world over, starting with Unova, leading them from behind the scenes. He lost Kyruem during the main story, who you obtain, but he has replaced him. Mixed, but 4 of the 6 are part Ice types. He replaces Kyruem with the opposite games mascot from the first version.
After you beat the champion, you force him to unfreeze the region, allowing you to visit the past towns. He is then replaced as champion with the main character from the first set who is of your gender.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Gym Rematches

So in Black & White, unexpectedly there were no Gym Rematches which may have been done purposely, This brings me to the question do you think there will be Gym rematches in B2W2 considering there were none in Black & White? Also if there are how will they affect the storyline, will there be a purpose for this?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It wasn't exactly an Unexpected removal. Diamond and Pearl didn't have Gym Rematches. Emerald was the first I think with rematches with the Trainer Eyes, and then Platinum's was through the Villa. HG/SS was through the call feature. All were restricted, HG/SS's being most restricted, you have to call at a specific time period to get them to rematch you and then travel to Saffron for the rematches.

Since this is the first time we have "sequels" in the Pokemon series, its hard to tell whether or not they'd bring them back.

Years
I mentioned somewhere else that I believe Game Freak are sorta mashing the 'third game's idea with a sequel idea; of course, that's because they knew we were expecting it.
I'm pretty sure we'll get rematches one way or another in B2/W2. In BW the Xtransciever wasn't used all that much in the story, and it's a perfectly viable way to have gym leaders call you. Be it that way or another, I think we'll get rematches in B2/W2 :)

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I'm really hopping they do implement it, but I'm sure they will. I'm thinking it wont really effect the story too much; It'll probably take effect after the main story anyway.

I'm hopping rebattling them is straightforward though, unlike HG/SS.

I think it would be cool if, after the main story ends, you rechallenged them by finding them out in the different routes throughout the game, at any time, not just talking to them in their gym at a certen time to get their phone number. Like the water dude could be found out on an island or by the beach or something.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm hoping for gym rematches because I want my Pokemon to have a bit more EXP before rematching the E4, plus I want to see the native Gym Leaders use Pokemon from other regions.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
NEED Gym Rematches!! In Platinum, they have the Battleground where random Gym Leaders appear once everyday for you to battle... (That's how I kept myself entertained outside the BF). I hope GF will add a Battleground in Unova.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I definetely want to see rematches in this game and I hope we don't need a specific time, just day at least, I keep missing times in HG/SS! I also want as many battles in this game as the last, I felt there wasn't enough for some reason. I also hope we may rematch regular trainers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back